Author's Note: Ok folks, the characters aren't mine, they belong to Squaresoft (I can only wish they were mine) I ain't makin' one red cent, or any other cent of any color, I'm as poor as a church mouse (hey who came up with that sayin' anyways…I mean how can you tell if a mouse that lives in a church is as poor as say a mouse livin' in an apartment building?) Please don't sue, cuz all ya'll get is my kids' broken toys and dirty laundry, and I do mean clothes, this ain't the mafia!!!

Truth or Dare

Chapter 3

By LaughingWolfGirl

"Zell, close your mouth, before flies get in!" Selphie said as she used her index finger to close his mouth.

Once he was able to control his wits he asked Squall "Man, what's up with you?"

Looking at the three individuals standing in his doorway, he answered coldly, "I was taking a nap, and had just fallen asleep!!!"

"Oh Squall, you can sleep later, right now we need you." Simpered Rinoa, while she batted her eyes at him.

"Need me for what?" Squall asked suspiciously.

"Hey whatcha givin' us that look for? Huh?"

Squall tiredly ran his hand through his hair as he asked, "Zell, get on with it, what do you need me for?"

Zell looked over at Selphie imploringly, who then jumped in and immediately asked,

"DoyamindifweplayTruthorDareinyourroom? Ofcoursewewantyoutoplayaswell."

"Huh??? What the hell did you just say???" asked a bewildered looking Squall. "Selphie, can't you ever space out your words!!!"

"Aww, come on Squall, you know when I get really excited I talk really fast!" replied a smiling Selphie.

"So what do ya want, I'd like to go back to bed sometime this year!"

"Squuuaaaaallllllyyyyyy, don't be mean….we just wanted to know if you wanted to get together and play a game with all of us," asked Rinoa, while batting her eyes at Squall.

"Pretty Pleeeeaaaassseee", she asked while dragging out the words, looking hopeful.

Selphie was watching Squall, ready to jump in and beg as well, if he even looked like he was going to say no, but it was hard to tell things with Squall, he never showed any emotion on his face. He had perfected the *poker-face* and had it down to a fine art.

"Hey man, its cool, Irvine and Quistis, went to get the liquor; all you need to do is provide the room." Zell said, while throwing punches in the air.

/Great, just what I need, a bunch of drunk perverts in my room/

Selphie noticing that Squall's eyes suddenly started to glaze slightly, elbowed Rinoa, and motioned with her head towards Squall.

Rinoa moved closer to Squall and grabbed his arm to her chest.

"Squally, please say you'll play with us and we can play in your room, it will be so much fun….Pleeeaaassseee."

Squall looked down into Rinoa's dark eyes and didn't have the heart to tell her no, so with great trepidation; he nodded his head and silently agreed. Stepping back, he gave them access to his room, knowing he was going to regret this.

Seifer took his time in the shower, just standing there allowing the water to fall upon him, caressing his skin with the heat. As he stood there, he replayed his conversation with Squall in his head, wondering what he could have said to make that ass admit to some kind of feelings. He knew that Squall cared, if he didn't they wouldn't have such great sex. He'd had sex with others, one night stands that meant nothing and the sex was never as good is it was with Squall.

He couldn't, wouldn't call it making love, at least not yet, not until Squall admitted to some feelings. He wasn't about to lay all his feelings on the line and then get kicked to the curb here!

"Damn that Squall, why won't he open up to me?" he said while punching the wall.

"OOOWWW!!!! SHIT THAT HURT!!!" He brought his knuckles up to his lips and kissed them, like a child, who hurts themselves; would run to a parent to have their hurt kissed all better.

He then realized that he had been in the shower far longer than he had intended and parts of his skin were starting to prune (I'm not telling which parts, you pervs! *eg*). So he quickly washed up and got out. As he walked back into his room he turned on his CD player, not paying attention to what was playing. Incubus's "Pardon Me", came on and he stopped dressing and started laughing, thinking that this was poetic, parts of it could certainly apply to him and Squall.

I need you to hear, I need you to see that I have had all I can take and
exploding seems like a definite possibility to me.
So pardon me while I burst into flames.
I've had enough of the world and its people's mindless games.
So pardon me while I burn and rise above the flame.
Pardon me, pardon me... I'll never be the same

After he had finished getting dressed, his stomach started growling, so he decided to walk down to the cafeteria and get some food, if he was lucky he wouldn't run into anyone he knew, especially in the mood that he was in.

Return to Archive | next | previous