Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the characters they belong to squaresoft and the song lyrics belong to the singer, producer, writer.

Author's Notes: This is a little complicated, all the pairings switch in the middle.

Obsession Kills

Chapter 15 - Break up

By Purple Penguin

“Where is he?!”

“Aren’t you being a little hard on him, you’re acting like his mother.”

“Three nights in a row he hasn’t been here, of course I’m worried.”

The short blonde looked out of the kitchen window in Seifer’s house. “I’m sure you’ll be able to ask him yourself soon.”

Squall had left the house every night for the past three days he returned in the morning, he told Seifer he was staying with a friend. Zell knew Seifer was afraid Squall wouldn’t come back after the argument they had had the other night.

Squall was on the way out when Seifer had stopped him in the doorway.

“You’re going out again?”

“Yeah so?”

“Who are you with all night?”

“A friend.”

“Sure you don’t mean Psycho.”

Squall’s eye blazed in anger. “What?!”

“What the HELL is the matter with you?! Please tell me you aren’t fucking that freak! You can’t go around sleeping with murderers.”

“You’re a fine one to talk.”

“What’s that mean?”

“You and Zell. Assassins kill people, murderers kill people. What’s the difference?”

Seifer was shocked. Where did that come from? “But...but you like Zell, you liked him more than I did at first.”

“Yeah well, maybe I’ve changed my mind.” He sounded cold and uncaring. He often sounded that way to strangers but never to Seifer. The blonde stepped out of his way feeling confused and more than a little hurt.

Seifer jumped slightly when arms slid around his waist. “Don’t worry about it, I’m sure you’ll both get past it.”

“Why does he trust Nida?”

“We found no proof that he’s any less normal than us, maybe he’s not that bad.”

“What do you mean any less normal than us? You’re not normal.”

Zell frowned and playfully smacked his lover on the arm.

Both blondes jumped as something was pushed through the letterbox. Zell studied the blank brown envelope curiously it was bulky like there was something inside. He opened it and stared at the blank videotape. “Hey Seif, do you know who sent this?”

The taller blonde picked up the envelope looking through it for a note. He found nothing.

“Maybe it’s a porn video.” Zell smirked.

“That’s wishful thinking.”

Seifer put the tape in the VCR and sat back with Zell on the sofa. Static buzzed for a while before the scene of Nida’s bedroom appeared on the scene. The smile slid off Zell’s lips as he appeared on the screen looking under the bed and in drawers. The Zell on the screen turned and looked straight at the camera, walking back and forth in front of it.

“I knew I didn’t like that picture.”

“Wait a minute. You suspected something but you didn’t tell me?!”

“Well, I thought I was being paranoid.”

Seifer smacked his forehead. “Great, just great now mister nutcase hates us more than ever.”

The tape cut off to static again, Seifer reached for the remote to turn it off but he stopped when a new picture appeared on the screen. Both blondes stared in shock.

“You were right it is a porn video.”

It was still Nida’s bedroom, two figures were going at it, one was Nida the other was hard to see.

“Why are we watching this? We don’t care what he does with some slu-” He trailed off when Nida moved off the other figure giving a clear view of his face.

“Holy shit!” Seifer leant forward in his seat, hoping his eyes were playing tricks on him. He recognized the pale skin and chocolate coloured hair of his best friend and ex-lover. “Squall?!”

Zell opened and closed his mouth like a goldfish. “I-I didn’t think he would....”

The brunette on the tape threw his head back in orgasm just before the tape cut to static. Seifer stopped the VCR.

“Are you going to tell Squall about that?”

“I have to, he actually trusts that guy.”

“But if he knows we were in Nida’s apartment, who’s side do you think he’ll take?”

“He can’t hate us; he’s my best friend.”

“Yeah but.... Nida’s his lover, if someone told you I was evil who’s side would you take?”

“I don’t know, I’ll get back to you.”

Zell frowned. “Thanks, nice to know you care.”

“I’m kidding and yes I see your point. So you think we shouldn’t tell him?”

“Not for a while at least.”

He opened his eyes sleepily looking at the digital clock in front of him. 9:50.

“Shit!” He sat up quickly, Seifer probably thinks he’s been kidnapped. The brunette looked around at the empty bed and room. He got up quickly, pausing at the head rush he got from his sudden movements. Squall walked across the room completely naked, searching for his clothes. He bent down to pick up his pants, with his back to the door.

“Now there’s a nice view.”

The brunette jumped slightly. “Did you always have to sneak up on people?”

Nida leant on the doorframe watching his lover get dressed. “Where do you think you’re going?”

“Home, my friend will be worried about me.”

“Screw him, stay here with me.”

“I can’t I have to do some work today.”

“Ah work, that reminds me.” The mercenary walked out of the bedroom, returning with a piece of paper, which he gave to Squall.

“What’s this?”

The brunette’s eyes widened as he read the sheet of paper. “Where did you get this?”

He shrugged. “I have my ways.”

Seifer and Zell had been searching for days for any info on the drug smugglers and this piece of paper held everything. Names, addresses, and more importantly the name of their base. An old firework factory.

“The assassins going with you?”

“Yeah, Quistis will kill Seifer if he doesn’t let her go.”

“I’m coming too.”

“I don’t think that’s such a good idea.”

“They don’t have to know I’m around I’m good at following people remember?”

Nida sat beside his lover watching Squall as he did up his boots.

“Will you let me walk you home?”

“Depends are you going to lurk behind me like a vampire or are you going to walk beside me?”

“My lurking days are over.”

“Good.”

“This is very interesting. How did you get hold of this?” The blonde assassin held the piece of paper, looking questioningly at Squall for an explanation. Zell stood off to the side looking worried; Seifer stood beside him glaring angrily at the brunette.

Squall shrugged. “I just did some real work unlike some people.” He looked at Squall at the corner of his eye while he said it. He gritted his teeth, he was practically fuming. He muttered something under his breath.

Squall shot Seifer the look of death. “Would you like to repeat that so everyone can hear?” He hissed.

Quistis cut them both of by continuing. “This factory is in Lime Rd, I presume you all are going, if you can stop acting like children. We’ll meet here tomorrow all four of us.”

“Five.”

Everyone was shocked when the shy silver haired girl got off the sofa and stood beside Quistis.

“What?”

“I-I’ve been there... I know my way around.... I-I know where the booby traps are.... I can be useful.”

“The five of us,” Quistis amended. “Will leave from here tomorrow.”

Zell and Squall nodded along with that but Seifer shook his head. “We can’t take her! She’s helpless; she’ll be in the way.”

“RAGE!”

“Am I the only sane person here?”

“You Sane? That’s debatable.” Squall muttered.

“I’M not sleeping with the enemy!”

“Well at least I don’t settle for second best.”

“What?”

“That’s your motto right? If I can’t have Quistis then I’ll settle for Zell right?”

Seifer was gob smacked. “What are you talking about?!”

“One minute you’re so into Quistis that you’re nearly insane and the next minute you’ve completely given up that idea you’ve completely given up on that idea and you’ve decided to like Zell instead.”

“What? “Where? What?”

“It’s true! Quistis remembers, ask her.”

The blonde woman’s eyes flicked between them, wondering weather to answer

“Shut up both of you! You’re acting like kids.”

“But-”

“Go argue somewhere else.” She moved to her front door. “Out all of you!”

Squall and Seifer bitched at each other on the way out; Zell just followed along with his head down.

Return to Archive | next | previous