Mind the baby

Chapter 3

By Purple Penguin

Seifer leant on the doorframe looking in at Grei’s bedroom. Ellone had invited the two of them round to thank her brother for agreeing to take Grei to parents evening. Squall held six year old Terra in his arms as his sister showed him a drawing that the girl had done.

“I still don’t see what wrong with your room as it is, why change it?” Seifer asked his nephew.

“It’s a baby’s room, I’m not a kid anymore.”

“Actually-”

“I’m 10 uncle Seifer, this room has clowns in it.”

“You don’t like clowns?”

“I’m not a kid!”

“Why don’t you get daddy to re-paint it for you?”

“He won’t.” Grei glared at his dad.

Seifer smiled at the familiar expression. “Hey Squall, he’s got your glare too.”

“Seifer come look at this.”

The blonde walked over and took a piece of paper. “What is it?”

“It’s a drawing of you and Squall that Terra drew, good isn’t it?”

The blonde frowned. “Have I only got one leg?”

The girl pointed at it from Squall’s arms. “That’s the side of you.”

“Oh.” He paused. “Then why-?”

Squall glared at him, shutting him up and handing the paper back to the girl. “Very good, well done.” He turned away to speak to the cowboy. “Irvine why don’t you want to re-paint Grei’s room?”

“I know how this works he’ll get some wallpaper he likes now and then when teenager- hood starts he’ll rip that off and cover the walls with posters of naked girls.”

“Or guys.” Seifer added.

“He better not or I’m not going in there ever again.”

The blonde smirked. “Just the paint the walls then he can stick the posters of whoever he wants over the top.”

“But then they’ll take the paint off.”

Seifer shook his head. “You’re such an old man, Irvine.”

“I am not!”

Seifer nudged him. “You know we’ve got a full length poster on the back of our bedroom door.”

“Do I really want to know?”

“Very nice cowboy boots and hat…” He took a sip of his beer. “And nothing else.” He winked.

“Ugh!”

“What? I remember the posters you had up of girls on horses….” He nodded to Ellone. “Wouldn’t let you keep them would she?”

“How do you know I didn’t just grow out of it?”

Seifer gave him a look.

The cowboy sighed. “No she wouldn’t let me keep them, said it was bad for the kids to see.”

“That’s why I’m glad I’ll never breed.” He grinned.

“What are you boys talking about?” Ellone asked.

“Women.” Irvine answered.

Squall raised an eyebrow at his lover. “Really? Care to fill me in?”

Seifer opened his mouth to reply but he shut it again and smiled slyly, biting his lip to stop himself laughing. “Anytime baby.”

Irvine grimaced. “Yuck! You’re disgusting!”

Ellone laughed. Grei stared up at his parents, missing the joke all together.

Squall pouted. “That wasn’t what I meant.” His lover’s arms came around his waist, the blonde grinning at him.

Irvine winced and buried his face in his wife’s shoulder to avoid seeing Seifer and Squall kiss. They knew he was only kidding because before the kids, marriage and all that the four of them used to double date and both couples would kiss in front of each other all the time.

“Not in front of the children!”

“Like mummy and daddy don’t kiss in front of the poor innocent kiddies.”

“I am not a kid!”

“Of course not.”

“We started sex ed classes at school this week.”

Seifer knelt beside his nephew. “We are growing up, aren’t we?”

The boy nodded. “Jason in a higher class said he’d love have sex ed class with Miss Carer Because she’s hot.”

Ellone frowned. “Did he?”

“That you’re teacher?” Irvine asked.

“Yeah.”

The cowboy nodded. “I see what he means.”

Ellone elbowed him in the ribs. “OW! What was that for?”

She just frowned and turned to Squall. “You’ll meet her tomorrow night, you have remembered right?”

“Yeah it’s fine.”

“I appreciate it, Terra has to go to the dentist and there’s no way I’m letting Irvine go meet miss Carer on his own.”

Her husband faked a look of hurt. “You don’t trust me?”

“Around her? No I don’t.”

He looked hurt with his hand held to his chest over his heart.

“It’s okay really.” Squall said. “I’m resistant to her charms remember?”

His lover laughed.

Parents evening.

Grei walked through the hall towards his teacher’s desk dragging uncle Squall with him. The woman sat with her legs crossed looking smart in a mid length skirt and white blouse and her brown wavy hair was loose over her shoulders. She smiled as the pair sat opposite her.

“Hello Grei I was expecting your parents.”

“This is my uncle Squall.”

The brunette smiled and they shook hands, Squall listened for about 5 minutes about how well Grei was doing in school and then he felt her leg brush his under the table so he shuffled back a little way in his sat.

“I haven’t seen you here before? You married? Divorced? Widowed?”

Grei giggled, looking up at an uncomfortable uncle Squall. “I live with my… Partner.”

“Oh.” She dropped the subject, the leg moved and she went back to being all professional.

As they left the boy chuckled. “What’s so funny?” Squall asked.

“She liked you, will uncle Seifer be jealous?”

“Nah, she’s not my type.”

The boy followed his uncle out of the building and home.

Seifer looked up from the sofa as the door opened.

“How’d it go? She hit on you?”

“Yeah.”

The blonde sat up. “What?!”

“Only for a second before I told her I lived with you.”

“What did you say? I live with my gay lover?”

“Partner.”

“Ah.” He frowned slightly when Squall sunk into his lap. “You’re unusually friendly for this time of night.” It was only 8:00.

“I want you.” Squall straddled his lover’s waist.

Seifer sat up, hands running under the brunette’s tee. “You got horny when some woman came onto you?”

“It got me thinking.” He paused. “I could never want her.”

“Hmm.”

“And then I thought about how amazing it feels when you fuck me.” He let his head fall to Seifer’s shoulder.

The blonde grinned. “Amazing, huh?” He picked up the leaner body and headed for the bedroom.

Return to Archive | next | previous