Disclaimer: All places, characters are not mine, nothing here is mine, everything belongs to Squaresoft.

Meant To Be

Chapter 18

By Purple Penguin

The brunette paced up and down staring at the phone.

“Please sit down you’re wearing a hope in the floor.” His dark skinned sighed and got up to guide his friend to a chair.

“Sorry I’m just worried.”

“I know.”

Laguna leapt out of his chair as the phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Dad, it’s me.”

“Squall! Where have you been?”

“Long story, I’m at Irvine’s place now. Is mum in?”

“No, she’s gone to look for you with Ellone and Seifer.”

There was a pause. “Has Seifer got his phone on him?”

“I don’t know. They’ll come back here eventually. What happened?”

“I’ve got to call Seifer, I’ll you when I get in, I swear. Bye.”

“Dammit!”

“Problem?”

Squall looked up at Irvine’s mother. “Yeah, my mum and sister think I’ve been kidnapped or something and they’ve gone looking for me.”

She raised an eyebrow. “I thought you rang them.”

“No I rang my b.... friend.” Irvine’s didn’t know he was gay, he didn’t know if she was open-minded and he was too keen on finding out.

“I’ll ring them now.”

 

She nodded. “I wish I knew you hadn’t rang them, I would have done it for you.” She walked to the foot of the stairs. “Is Irvine up yet?”

“He’s in the shower.” Squall dialled Seifer mobile number that he knew by heart.

“Hello?”

Squall paused at the girl’s voice on the other end. Was that Ellone?

“It’s me, where are you?”

“SQUALL!!!”

He cringed at the loud squeal.

Her excited happy voice quickly changed to anger. “Where the HELL have you been?!”

“I’m at Irvine’s place, you remember where that is, right?”

“Of course. What happened?”

“I’ll tell you when you get here, is Seifer with you?”

“Yeah, hang on.”

He heard her speak to someone and hand the phone over.

“Squall, thank you! I’m so sorry.”

“What for?”

“Are you okay? I should have dropped you off at the door.”

“It’s not your fault and don’t worry, I’m fine. Ellone’s knows where I am.”

“I know. We’ll be there in a five seconds sweetie.”

“See ya.”

Squall hung up with a smile, a little happier. He looked up as a hand landed on his shoulder.

“What’s the smile for?”

“My mum, sister and Seifer are coming here to get me.”

“Seifer?”

“He’s my....” He paused. Irvine hated him when he came out, did he really want to bring all that stuff up again?

“Boyfriend?” The cowboy asked.

“Yes.” He whispered. Much to his surprise Irvine smiled.

“You don’t have to hide that stuff from me, okay so maybe I was an idiot at first but I got over that.” He shrugged. “People change.”

Squall smiled.

The cowboy turned to leave but he looked over his shoulder as he thought of something. “This boyfriend of yours, did you tell him what I did when you came out?”

“Yes, why?”

“Huh.” He bit his lip. “Is he a big guy?”

Squall laughed. “You’re afraid of Seifer?”

“It’s not funny.”

“He won’t hurt you.”

“How can you be so sure?” He winked. “Have you got him well trained?”

Squall laughed again. It was good to joke around with Irvine again about boyfriend/girlfriend things.

“Squall.”

He walked past Irvine to when his mother held the door open. Seifer walked up the drive. The brunette’s eyes lit up and he walked out with his eyes fixed to the blonde. Seifer grinned as he took Squall into his arms. “You okay?” He whispered, nuzzling his face into his lover’s hair.

“Yeah.” He leaned on the blonde and briefly closed his eyes. It always felt good to be held by Seifer.

His blonde lover moved aside to make room for Raine who hugged him so tightly it cut of his air supply.

The cowboy hung back in the doorway watching everyone hug Squall.

Squall’s mother looked up at his at last. “Irvine, haven’t seen you in a while.”

The cowboy smiled but it faltered as he saw Ellone glaring at him, he looked at the tall blonde guy to see the glare mirrored on his face.

He could have kissed his mum when she came out to ask everyone in for breakfast, taking all the attention off him.

He stepped aside to let everyone in, then followed, being careful to stay out of the way of Squall’s boyfriend. He wasn’t afraid of Ellone; she liked him ready he was sure of it.

“What about school?”

“One day won’t kill you will it? And then you can tell everyone your story.”

~

When they were all sitting round the dining table eating toast, bacon and eggs, Irvine and Squall story their story. Ellone had stopped glaring once she knew how the cowboy had saved Squall; she even sympathised with him over his cut lip, which he grumbled about because it hurt when he drank his hot drink.

Everyone seemed more relaxed now which was good but Seifer still glared at the cowboy, he wasn’t as trusting or forgiving as Ellone and Squall were. The brunette siblings seemed to find it funny they giggled when Irvine ducked his head if Seifer looked at him for too long.

When they were clearing the table, Irvine offered to wash up mainly to avoid Seifer. He heard his mother talking to the others, accidentally telling them that he and Squall had shared a bed last night. Seifer looked homicidal and Irvine couldn’t leave the room fast enough.

Both mothers looked perplexed while Squall and Ellone had trouble maintaining their laughter. Poor Irvine, he looked terrified of Seifer.

“I think I’ll go give him a hand.” Ellone managed to say through the giggles.

Squall pulled Seifer up from the table and out into the garden. He wrapped his arms around is lover’s neck. “Never thought you were the jealous type.”

“Never thought you were you cheating type.” He didn’t smile but Squall knew he was kidding.

“I’ve known Irvine since we were less than one year old; we’re really close.”

“But he betrayed you, how can you trust him?”

“I don’t think he’ll do it again. Give him a chance, please.”

Seifer paused. “Fine I’ll play nice, but if he hurts you he’s dead.”

“Deal. I’ll tell him.”

“Can I tell him?”

“No.” He poked Seifer in the chest. “You scare him.”

“Really? Great!”

Squall frowned and caught his lover’s smirking lips in a passionate kiss.

“It’s not funny!”

“Oh, it was great!”

Irvine finished washing a plate and handed it to Ellone who was in charge of drying.

“You won’t be laughing at my funeral when Squall’s boyfriend’s in jail for murdering me.”

She smirked. “Trust me he won’t hurt you. His bark’s worse than his bite.”

He gave her a doubtful look.

“I used to date him so I should know.”

Irvine raised an eyebrow as he handed her a couple of spoons. “You used to date him? Before he met Squall?”

“Sort of. They met the day before I brought Seifer home to meet my family.”

“They went out when you two broke up?”

“No, that’s why we broke up.” She gestured for him to hand her the plate he was holding.

“Please don’t tell me he cheated on you.”

Silence.

“And you’re trying to convince me he’s a good guy?! You should hate him!”

“I did, but I’m working on it. He’s not going anyway and I’ve seen the way he is with Squall, they’re a great couple and they’re happy. Why should I ruin that?”

Irvine shrugged. “Well, it all sounds nice and awkward.”

“She laughed. “Yeah, but if things were normal it would be boring.”

 

 

Only the epilogue to go!!!!!!!!

Return to Archive | next | previous