Disclaimer: All places, characters are not mine, nothing here is mine, everything belongs to Squaresoft.

Meant To Be

Chapter 17

By Purple Penguin

Seifer reached out a hand to shut off the shower and walked out of the bathroom, grabbing his towel on the way out. He rubbed his hair with it as he picked some clothes to wear to school. He actually wanted to go to school today, he wanted to see Squall. It had only been one night and he missed him already, he cursed himself for being so pathetic.

Seifer looked up from his drawers as the phone rang, he lay his towel on the bed so he could sit and answer the phone.

“Hello?”

“Hi Seifer, it’s Squall’s mother. Is my son there?”

The blonde frowned. He wasn’t there? Didn’t he go home last night?

“No, he’s not here; I dropped him off at home last night.”

There was a pause. “He never came home, I thought he was with you.”

Seifer’s heart clenched in fear. He was okay, right? But why wasn’t he at home, unless something was wrong?

“I’m going to walk round the town to look for him.”

“Wait, I’m going with you, we can take my car.”

“Okay, but hurry.”

The blonde hung up, quickly dried himself and chucked on some clothes. It was the quickest ‘get ready’ in the history of the world. Seifer grabbed his keys off the kitchen counter and was out the door in seconds. He jumped in the car and sat there for a minute to get his breath and to calm down.

Squall was okay, he had to be. Seifer didn’t know what he would do if he lost his lover now. He loved that boy more than anything else in the world.

With a shaky breath he started the car and headed for Winhill.

When he got there he saw Laguna who was standing on the porch run back inside at the sight of the car.

The blonde got out and walked into the bar just as Ellone was coming down the stairs.

“What are you doing here?” She sneered.

“Haven’t you heard?”

“Heard what?”

“Squall’s gone missing.”

Her sneer turned into a look of worry and concern. “What?”

“Your mum told me he didn’t come home last night.”

She looked at him with a strange look in her eyes. “He was with you last, wasn’t he?”

The blonde narrowed his eyes. He had been patient and sympathetic with her, but enough was enough.

“You’re blaming me?”

“What did you do to make him run away?”

“I didn’t do anything.” He said lowly. “I dropped him off at the town entrance last night, I thought he was here!”

Ellone looked a little shocked. “You dropped him of at the entrance? Why? Couldn’t you be bothered to drive a few extra yards?”

“I offered to take him to the door and he said no. That isn’t my fault! Do you think I wanted something to happen to him?”

She backed down a little. “Do you love him?”

“Yes.” The blonde said without hesitation.

“Good, because I know he loves you too.”

Seifer risked a small smile but Ellone didn’t look friendly. She stepped forward and poked him in the chest. “And if you do anything to hurt him I’ll string you up and shoot you.”

Seifer just nodded.

Raine appeared from upstairs. “Were you two arguing again?”

“No, just a little friendly warning.”

“Warning?”

Ellone shook her head. “You’re going to find Squall, right? I’m coming with you.”

“But wouldn’t you like to stay and baby Sit your father, he staying here in case Squall phones.”

“I want to come; he’s my baby brother.”

Seifer shrugged. “Fine, but I’m leaving now so if you’re coming hurry up.”

The brunette grabbed her sweater off the back of one of the chairs and followed her mum and Seifer outside.

“Where do we start?”

“Where ever you saw him last.”

The blonde nodded and started the car.

Squall slowly opened his eyes sleepily, glancing at the clock. His eyes widened. It was 8:30 already.

“Shit!”

He had wanted to go home just before school to get changed and to tell his parents what had happened last night. He was late for meeting Seifer, he knew his lover would worry, he’s probably rang home already.

Squall buried his face in his pillow, he felt the bed move under the shift of weight beside him.

“What time is it?” A sleep filled voice asked.

“We’re late; it’s 8:30.”

“WHAT!?” An almost naked cowboy shot out of bed and into the bathroom.

Squall had been shocked when Irvine had said they could share the bed. They had done loads of times in the past but that was before he had come out. It felt good to know Irvine understood, he had his friend back.

Squall pulled the covers off himself and grabbed his socks, pants and shirt putting them on in record time.

“Can I use your phone?” He shouted through the door of the bathroom.

“Yeah... But don’t go downstairs half-naked; mum will have a fit!”

Squall smiled and disappeared downstairs into the kitchen.

“Morning.” Irvine’s mother looked up from the dining room table.

“Morning.” He smiled. “Can I use your phone?”

She nodded.

Squall dialled home and waited for someone to pick up.

 

 

I know that was a sudden ending to that chapter, but I’ve started the next one and it started there so I didn’t know what else to do with it.

Return to Archive | next | previous