Disclaimer: Squaresoft owns all the characters. I don’t own anything.

Notes: Pov switches between Squall and Seifer. The flashback is in the 3rd person. Slight Zell bashing done by Seifer not me.

Meant To Be

Chapter 2

By Purple Penguin

The clock on the wall seemed to be going slower just to spite me. I hated maths it was horribly boring. This was my last lesson, after this I was going home with my new girlfriend to meet her family. I was going to go straight there and not wait to see if that pretty, little brunette showed up again. It was going to be a fresh start, new girlfriend, first girlfriend, never been attracted to a girl before. She’s different from other girls I’ve met, it was a gradual thing I’ve known her for a while, he knows I’m Bi. Maybe I like her because she’s four years older than me, although I normally go for people younger than me. She’s cute, I always thought she was pretty but... This will sound harsh, I preferred that beautiful brunette boy I meet today.

I hope I never see Squall again, he’ll be a distraction. It’s just my luck, just when I get my life sorted out something has to get in my way. I shouldn’t had collided with him, I shouldn’t have had lunch with him. In the first split second I saw him, he was clearly the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen.

Seifer walked into the cafeteria buying his food. He glanced around, looking for someone he knew. He recognized many people but none of them were familiar.

“Hey Seifer!”

He cringed at the loud, annoying voice. He turned, smirk firmly in place. “Hey Chicken.”

The tattooed, short blonde stopped short. “Don’t call me that!”

“Hey Seif.”

“Kurt.” He nodded his head towards the redhead. The smirk slid from Seifer’s lips as Kurt led the brunette boy from earlier into the food hall.

“Squall, this is Seifer.” Kurt introduced.

The brunette smiled at him. “We meet earlier.”

“Oh well......” They didn’t hear the end of the sentence. They slipped into their own little world. Squall was glad to see the blonde again and had secretly been looking for him. Seifer was happy, yet guilty. He had a girlfriend, it wouldn’t be fair to Squall if he led him on and it wasn’t fair on Ellone if he started to spend time with this boy.

“Seifer? Squall?”

“Guys? Hello?”

Seifer was the first to snap out of it. “Sorry.” He said briefly to the other two.

“Do you to know each other from somewhere?”

Squall shook his head. “We just meet earlier today.”

I snapped out of my thoughts as the bell finally rang. I ran out of the class, glad to escape. The usual flock of students flowed down the corridors. I wanted to get out quickly before I ran into Zell, Kurt and Squall. I didn’t want to tell Squall I had a girlfriend, I don’t know why but I didn’t.

I shoved my way through the crowds of people ignoring the protests.

“Seifer!”

I winced. I always get caught by that annoying little brat. I only hoped Squall wasn’t with him.

“Seifer, we’ve been looking everywhere for you man.”

I faked a smile. “Why?”

“What are you doing now?” He asked, ignoring my question.

“I’m busy. Got somewhere to be.”

“Where?”

I frowned. Most people would realize that I didn’t want to talk about it, but not Zell. Dense was his middle name. On the plus side, he had such a short memory that he probably wouldn’t remember long enough to tell anyone.

“Fine. I’m going home with my girlfriend to meet her family.”

He looked shocked. “You have a girlfriend?!”

I frowned as he burst out laughing.

“STOP THAT! It’s not funny!”

“But you’re gay.”

“I am not.”

“Yeah right and I guess you weren’t drooling all over Squall either right?” He was more observant than I had given him credit for.

“I’m Bi sexual.”

I could tell he didn’t believe me. “Whatever you say man.”

“What’s so funny?”

I turned and.... Uh oh. Kurt and Squall stood behind me.

Zell grinned at his boyfriend. “Guess what?”

I glared at the blonde, shaking my head, trying to tell him not to tell them, but of course Zell didn’t pick up on that.

“Seifer has a girlfriend!”

I cringed. Kurt laughed which set Zell off again. I looked round to view Squall’s reaction.

For a split second I swear I saw hurt in his beautiful eyes but he covered it quickly replacing it with shock. I wanted to tell him I was sorry, although I didn’t know why. I was with Ellone first and I’ve only known Squall for a few hours. Why do I care?

“I thought you were gay.” Kurt managed to say through the laughter.

“I’m Bi.” I repeated.

I turned away from them, annoying that they found it funny.

“See ya tomorrow Seif!”

I didn’t bother replying, my pace grew quicker the angrier I grew. I decided it was a good thing that Squall knew, he’d get over it and I probably won’t see him outside of school. My anger drained away as I walked out of the gates and towards the park where I was meeting my girlfriend.

I walked beside my two new friends, they were chatting away but I was oblivious. My happy mode had died in seconds. I was disappointed and hurt. I thought he liked me too but I was only seeing what I wanted to see. I was too hopeful. I made excuses to the others and trudged home. All I wanted to do was to go home and sulk.

I only just got through my front door when Ellone crashed into me. She seemed happy and excited.

“Squall I’ve got a surprise. I’ve got to go.” I frowned as she rushed out the door.

“What’s with her?” I asked my dad as I pasted him.

“Boyfriend.” He grinned.

Great. Now I’ll have to watch Ellone be all mushy with her boyfriend while I was rejected. I went straight through to my bedroom, dropping my bag at the foot of the bed and rushing into the bathroom. I switched on all the taps in the sink and stuck my head under them. Call me crazy but it calms me down. I pulled away just long enough to remove my jacket and T-shirt. My pendant jingled on the side of the sink. Here I could relax and forget everything.

I heard the door slam suddenly and I heard voices downstairs.

“Squall!”

Reluctantly I stood up straight, running my fingers through my hair; the water stuck it to my head. I didn’t bother to dry myself or to put on a shirt. The voices grew louder as I made my way downstairs. I went into the bar and came face-to-face with a tall, beautiful blonde.

“Seifer.” I whispered quietly enough so no one heard.

He looked shocked to see me. I watched as his eyes moved to my naked chest.

“Seifer, this is my brother Squall.”

“Squall this is my boyfriend.” Ellone smiled happily and along with my mother.

I was in too much shock to say anything. This wasn’t supposed to happen. I can’t drool over my sister’s boyfriend.

Seifer still hadn’t taken his eyes off me. I didn’t know what to say or do, so I did the one thing I could do. I turned tail and fled back to my room.

“Squall?”

I smiled politely at Ellone’s mother. My girlfriend was bouncing happily in front of me.

“Seifer I want to introduce you to my brother.”

I waited as she ran to the bottom of the stairs so she could call him.

“Squall!”

What? I felt the dread creeping up inside me. No, that’s impossible it can’t be the same guy! He came downstairs and turned to look straight at me in shock.

He was naked from the waist up and he was wet. Drips ran down from his hair, down his throat and perfect chest. I couldn’t take my eyes off him. I watched the drips travel down his body. He was the same brunette that I had met earlier.

He turned and fled. Ellone called after him. Both parents looked at each other in confusion.

He was upset and it was all my fault. I wanted to go after him, comfort him but instead I just stood there feeling useless with my girlfriend.

 

TBC.

Return to Archive | next | previous