Authors notes: Right, I gave Seifer a brother in this series and I couldn’t think of a good name so for ages I had a blank line, now I’m got used to calling him Blank so there you go. I didn’t get any reviews for the last chapter is anyone still out there other than Redrum?

Thanks to redrum for reviewing almost all the chapters.

Forever

Chapter 12

By Purple Penguin

I glanced at the clock. Where was Seifer? His brother Blank was supposed to be here any minute.

My lover said he wanted me to be here, don’t know why as his brother hates me and feeling’s mutual. To him it’s my fault for everything bad that happened to Seifer. He was Bi so he had a chance of a normal life, to find a nice girl to marry but I stopped him so it was my fault. I knew what he’d say before he got here. It’s not normal, it’s not natural so how can that be right?

Idiot and he wondered why he was still single.

The doorbell rang and I froze, that must be him because Seifer would use his key. I looked through the spy hole in the door and winced.

Blank looked just like Seifer, same eyes, hair, height, build. Although his hair was longer and tied back with a black hair tie into a ponytail. His face structure was also different from Seifer, his face was longer.

I opened the door, glare in place and arms folded. I didn’t like to look weak in front of him. I knew he expected me to be.

“Where’s Seifer?”

“He’s not back from work yet.”

He pushed his way into our home.

“Make yourself at home, way don’t you?” I whispered quietly enough so he couldn’t hear me.

Blank was only two years older than Seifer; the two of them grew up in an orphanage together they had no other family. I followed Blank into the kitchen and watched him steal a beer from the fridge

“When’s he going to be home?”

“Don’t know should be soon.” I hoped it would be soon though I was glad we stood there in silence for the minute, it was better than anything that ever came out of his mouth.

He leant on the counter looking across the kitchen at me but I was busy studying the floor.

“So I heard you almost spilt up.”

How did he know that? Seifer couldn’t have told him, he wouldn’t give him the satisfaction.

“Uh... yeah nothing serious though.”

“I thought you moved out.”

“Only for a couple of days.”

“Hmmm.” He sipped on his beer, looking thoughtful. “What happened?”

“Nothing.”

His eyes narrowed seeing that I wanted to keep it to myself. “Did you cheat on him?”

“No! I thought..... that he was cheating on me.”

He perked up. “With a girl?”

“No!”

“Oh.” He looked disappointed again.

I knew at every opportunity he’d try to fix Seifer up with a girl. When the three of us had gone to the beach he checked out the girls on the beach and pointed out all the cute ones to Seifer. He left me out saying that I’d be bored and I wasn’t a good judge anyway. So when he went off for a swim Seifer and I checked out the fit guys on the beach. I knew all the little talks he had with Seifer were about what he was missing out on and other things to talk him out of being with me. So this visit must be because he panicked at the thought of Seifer marrying me and this was the last ditch to get his brother what he called a ‘normal life’.

“You’re getting married?”

“Yes.”

“Why? It doesn’t mean anything right?”

“It means something to the people we care about.”

He narrowed his eyes. “Did you talk him into this?”

“What? No! HE proposed to ME!” I pointed at myself.

He sat there on the counter frowning. “It’s just not like Seifer to do something pointless. You’re changed him; he wouldn’t have done any of this a few years ago.” He took a sip of his beer, shaking his head.

I pushed away from the counter. “Well he doesn’t seem to mind.” I was done playing nice; he could wait on his own now. I walked off towards the bedroom.

“Are you going to cry now?”

“Fuck you.”

“Yeah I bet you’d like that.”

“Well it’s been a while since you had something that wasn’t inflatable!”

“Ooh bitch had fangs!”

I slammed the bedroom door in his face.

“What’s going on?” I heard my lover say.

“I don’t know. Some people just can’t take a joke.”

I heard him step away from the door and I lounged on our bed to relax.

It was over an hour before a knock came to my door again. “Squall? Baby?”

I got up and opened the door, looking outside past Seifer at the empty living room. “Is he gone?”

He nodded. “Yeah, are you okay? What did he say to you?”

I pushed past my lover and walked into the kitchen. I had worked up a thirst being stuck in there for over an hour. I poured some juice and took a few sips before I answered his question. “Same old stuff really. Blah, blah marriage is pointless, blah; blah it’s not natural.”

I sat up on the counter, having another sip of juice and placing the glass beside me as my lover stepped up in front of my standing between my legs.

“I tried to play nice and everything this time.”

He nodded. “I know.” He looked a little guilty and I started to dread what he would say next. “Um... Squall listen we were talking and...”

My eyes widened. “He hasn’t talked you into leaving me has he?”

“What? No! Of course not! But he did say he’s got a girlfriend.”

“Good for him. Bet she’s a shrew though.”

He looked amused but gave me a look.

“I’m sorry go on.”

“Well he wants me to meet her so I-...um- i-invited them both to dinner later today.”

“What?!”

“I know, I know but you can at least meet her, you don’t have to stay for dinner I can make up something so you can leave but you might like her. She might smoothen things between you two.”

I frowned in doubt. I really couldn’t see Blank being swayed by a mere girl. Although saying that, I had Seifer wrapped around my little finger so maybe if he loved her but I just didn’t see it happening.

I folded my arms between our bodies. “Okay I’ll meet her but no promises if she’s a shrew I’m not playing nice.”

He nodded and smiled. “That’s great, you can leave whenever you want but give her a chance, yeah?”

I nodded and he smiled, kissing me lightly on the lips.

 

 

 

 

 

Okay I know that’s a terrible name for his brother if anyone has any suggestions then I’ll change it in time for the next chapter.

Return to Archive | next | previous