Forever

Chapter 11

By Purple Penguin

I reached out an arm to stop the trill ringing that was disturbing my sleep. I pulled the phone under the covers and cleared the sleep from my voice.

“Hello?”

“Squall? It’s Ellone. Dad said you didn’t come home last night so I’m just checking you were okay.”

“Uh huh.”

“What’s wrong?”

“Was that all you woke me up for?” I closed my eyes again, half listening to her.

“It’s 9:00 aren’t you usually up by now?”

“I was tired.”

Her tone changed to teasing. “Yeah I bet, were and Seifer busy last night?”

I heard a groan behind me and a warm body rolled into me. “Who is it?”

“Ellone.”

“Oh.” He groaned again.

My sister laughed down the line. “Tell Seifer I’m so glad he’s happy to hear from me. I’ll go now and leave you two alone.”

“Bye.” I reached out to put the phone back.

“Was she mad that you didn’t go home last night?”

“No she’s over it... I think.”

“Bit quick isn’t it? How long did it take last time?”

I smiled. “That was different.”

I turned around in his arms and kissed him. “Have you decided?”

“Decided?”

“If you’re going to move back in.”

“Oh that, I thought I pretty much answered that when I let you fuck me.”

“So that was a yes then?”

I nodded. “I’ll go get my stuff today if I can take the car.”

“I go with you to help. I think I can take a little time off work.”

I smiled but my gaze fell on his engagement ring and my smile faltered.

“What is it?” He asked.

I propped myself up on my elbow to face him. “Um.... Seifer at the garage when I thought... you know...”

He nodded.

“I kind of threw my engagement ring away.” I looked down at the bed sheets, worried that he was annoyed.

He smiled and reached over to the top drawer beside the bed. He removed the ring box and handed it to me. I opened it and my ring sat inside glinting at me.

“You found it.” I took it out, putting it back on my finger and closed the box.

“Still marrying me then?”

I shrugged. “Well I haven’t had any better offers so I guess so.” I smiled teasingly.

He pushed me over on my back and straddled my waist. He poked me in the ribs, tickling me. One large hand covered both of mine above my head, holding me down and in place.

I shrieked in laughter, struggling and kicking slightly but not too much in case I hurt him. He leaned over and kissed me, his hand stilling on my bare torso. He moved to lie on top of me, his hand running south towards my growing erection. He smirked as I hardened fully in his hand.

“Knew you could resist me.”

A week later.

I was in the cafe with Selphie who was on roller skates. It was sponsorship thing, don’t ask.

“So you and Seifer are okay now right? I mean he didn’t really cheat on you did he?”

“No he didn’t and yes we’re fine.”

“So the wedding back on.”

“Yes.”

She grinned. “Are you going to be the bride?”

“What? No, there will be no bride.”

“But Squall if you didn’t be the bride then I’ll never get to be a bride’s maid.”

“Oh no whatever will you do?”

She pouted and jumped off the counter, onto her wheels. She nearly hit the floor but I caught her.

“Oh come on Squall you don’t know what it’s like. All my friends will either be alone for a long time or they’re gay.”

“You can come to the wedding but I’m not having any bride’s maids.”

She pushed past me and skated off to serve some customers.

I was on the way home when Ellone rang me and told me to stop off at our parent’s house. My mum and sister had agreed to deal with all the preparations for the wedding because we didn’t have a clue. Ellone said that was why that was usually a woman in weddings because men was useless at planning.

If that was true lesbian weddings must be very well planned. My sister was standing outside waiting for me, suckling on a red ice-lolly.

“Good you make it. Now mum and me were discussing your wedding.”

Uh oh I’d fallen into the trap of wedding talks. “But I thought you two would handle everything.”

“Do you want us to do something that you don’t like? Something wrong?”

I frowned. “I guess not.”

She smiled and led me into the bar where my mum sat with a pad of paper and a pen posed.

“Now Squall we were thinking how do you feel about wearing a white tux instead of a black one?”

I shrugged. This was too much for my brain; we had only got back together last week I wasn’t ready for wedding plans. “I don’t know what’s the difference if we wear white or black?”

“No, no I meant what if you wore white and Seifer wore black.”

Why did everyone want me to be the bride? “No! No, no, no, no, no.”

“Why not?”

“Brides wear white. I am not the bride!”

“Squall don’t be so silly its not like we’re putting you in a dress.”

“Well you might as well if you want to make it look like I’m the girly one anyway.”

“Okay well what about the wedding cake? Do you want to buy one or make it yourself with our help of course?”

I was getting a headache.

“Well?”

“I’ll make it. Is that it? Can I go?”

“Squall this is important. Now are you having a honeymoon?”

“I don’t know I haven’t thought about it.”

“Well we’ll wait till you and Seifer are together for that one but where do you never want to go?”

“Dollet.”

“You’ve been there before haven’t you?”

“Exactly and after what happened last time with that old Trabian guy I never want to go back there.”

Ellone smirked. My mum frowned. “What did happen there?”

“You don’t want to know.”

I got home and threw my keys on the kitchen counter.

“You’re home late.” Seifer sat on the sofa watching some really old movie. He held out an arm for me to come up beside him.

I sunk to the sofa beside him. “My mum and Ellone were talking weddings.” I shuddered.

He chuckled then turned serious. “I have bad news. My brother heard of the wedding and he’s coming to visit.”

I groaned.

“He’ll just be here for a couple of days but he’s my only family so I have to invite him.”

“He hates me, he hates us.”

“He doesn’t- okay so maybe he’s not too happy about us but he doesn’t hate you. He’ll be here tomorrow. Play nice, yeah?”

“Yeah.” I echoed.

Great. And the day started so well.

Return to Archive | next | previous