Forever

Chapter 8

By Purple Penguin

Squall was alone in the house the next morning. Ellone had gone house after a lot of arguing with everyone she had wanted to stay with Squall. Laguna was next day with his mates and his mother had gone out somewhere.

The room was silent. He wasn’t used to it. At home Seifer was always there and his lover was never quiet for long. At the thought of his lover he smiled slightly but he quickly pushed it away. He pulled a T-shirt over his head and went down into the bar. His parents had closed it for the day even though they had given reasons he knew it was for his sake. He wanted things to get back to normal as normal as they could be without Seifer anyway.

The brunette spun round as a shadow fell over the doorway.

Squall glared hatefully at the figure. “What are you doing here?!”

The green haired man grinned. “Well that’s a nice way to greet a customer.”

“We’re closed.”

Tristan stepped into the room. “Are you all alone?”

Squall just glared.

“You know now that you’re single-” He sauntered up to Squall.

“You’re unbelievable. And I’m not single.”

“Really?” He grinned.

“Not thinking of taking him back are you?”

Squall didn’t answer.

“What happens the next time he wants something better?”

“This is none of your business, are you just here to taunt me?”

The other man looked thoughtful. “Um....Yeah.”

“Leave me alone.” Squall turned to go back upstairs.

“Seifer showed me that little gift you gave him by the way.”

Squall froze and looked back over his shoulder. “What gift?”

“The photo of course.” He smirked and ran his eyes over the Squall’s body. “Very nice.”

Squall’s jaw hit the floor. “What? How the hell did you get hold of that?!”

“Seifer showed it to me at work.”

“H-He wouldn’t do that.” He remembered when he had threatened to cut off his lover’s balls if he showed that picture to anyone else.

“Maybe you just don’t know him as well as you think you do.”

“You can leave now.”

“Aww but this is fun.”

“You heard him. Get out!”

Squall looked up into the eyes of his lover and frowned.

Tristan grinned in delight he walked up to the tall blonde. “Hey baby.” He cooed.

“You can both let yourselves out.” The brunette turned and walked back upstairs.

“Squall wait!” The blonde shoved the green haired man out the door and bolted it.

“Oh come on I was just having a bit of fun.”

Seifer pulled the blinds down and ran upstairs after his lover. He knocked on the door of the spare bedroom. “Squall? He left, I kicked him out. Squall?”

Silence.

The blonde sighed. “Come on baby, talk to me.”

The door opened a fraction. “What?”

“What did he say to you?”

The brunette shrugged. “Just about how close you two were.” His voice dripped acid.

“Don’t listen to him I haven’t been anyway near him since-” He stopped, shifting from foot to foot. “Anyway are you okay?”

Squall glared at him.

“Can I come in? Please?”

The glare didn’t lighten up but Squall let go of the door and his lover walked in, shutting the door and leaning back on it.

“Did you really show that son of a bitch my photo?”

“What? Of course not. I wouldn’t do that.”

“Then how did he-?”

“My trench coat was hanging up; he took it out of the inside pocket. That’s how I got suspended. I beat the shit out of him.”

“...Good.”

Seifer smiled slightly. “Good that I didn’t give him the photo or good that I beat the shit out of him?”

“Both.”

The blonde gently ran his fingers along Squall’s jaw line. The shorter man’s eyes widened in surprise and for a moment he forgot to pull away. Squall blinked and backed up slightly.

“I didn’t mean to kiss him you know. It was just a misunderstanding. I wouldn’t do that to you.”

“How can you not mean to?”

“He tricked me. He had already left so when someone wrapped their arms around me and kissed me from behind.... I thought it was you.”

Squall just stared at him, trying to decide if he should believe him or not. It didn’t sound very believable but he wouldn’t put it past Tristan to do something like that.

“Well say something.”

“T-That’s stupid.”

“It’s true.”

“Why should I believe you?”

“If I got him to come here and tell you the truth would you believe me then?”

Squall paused and then nodded.

“Fine then he will.” The blonde slowly backed towards the door. He turned to leave.

“Wait.”

He turned back and jumped in shock when Squall’s lips came down on his own, he ran a hand up into his lover’s hair. The brunette broke the kiss.

“That doesn’t mean I forgive you but I just really wanted to do that.”

Seifer grinned stupidly, which coaxed a small smiled out of Squall. The blonde kissed Squall back.

Laguna ran into the room. “Squall I just saw- Oh! Sorry.”

The pair broke apart instantly. Laguna stared at them wide-eyed.

Seifer pulled away from his lover. “I’ll see you later.” He whispered.

“What?” Squall asked his father.

“Does this mean that you two are-?”

“No, I don’t know I’m still thinking.” He walked past his dad and down the stairs.

Laguna stood there for a minute not knowing what to do with himself, he followed Squall down the stairs a second later.

Seifer walked into he garage, seeing Tristan sitting at the desk.

“Hello Lover.” He teased.

“I need you to do something for me.”

“What?”

“You have to tell Squall about what you did, how you tricked me into kissing you.”

“Why should I?”

The blonde smiled evilly. “You love your car don’t you?”

The other man’s eyes went wide and he ran outside. “What did you do to her?!”

Seifer stayed inside listening to the shriek of horror. He grinned evilly.

Return to Archive | next | previous