Author's Notes: Sorry about the wait I know it’s been a while hope this chapter makes up for it.

Forever

Chapter 4

By Purple Penguin

I got out of the car with Seifer; I’d dropped him off at work as usual.

“Come in with me?

It was my day off; Seifer didn’t get Saturdays off. I linked my fingers with his and followed him into the garage.

“I hope that idiot isn’t in yet.” He glanced at his watch. “Too early, I think.”

I smiled and tightened my grip on his fingers. “Give the guy a chance he’s only been there for two days.”

He grimaced. “Two days too long.” He pushed the heavy metal doors open and glared at the desk. I followed his gaze to the green-haired man who slumped on the desk, his head buried in his arms asleep.

“Is he living here now as well?” Seifer slammed the doors shut causing the man to jump awake.

He rubbed his forehead. “Oh man, I’m never drinking again.”

I watched him stretch his arms above his head then he looked over at Seifer. “Aren’t you here early?”

“It’s 8 o’clock.”

“It is? Shit!” He jumped up pushing his long hair back from his eyes. It was tangled and disarrayed, he tried to run his hands through it.

“Coffee?” Seifer asked me. I nodded.

The green-haired man frowned and looked in the direction Seifer looked in. He noticed me for the first time. His confusion faded and he smiled seductively at me and slicked over towards me. “Aren’t you going to introduce me?” He asked Seifer.

My blonde lover scowled. “No.”

The green-haired man held out a hand to me. “I’m Tristan.”

“Squall.”

He glanced at Seifer. “Is he the boyfriend?”

“Yeah.” I said when Seifer didn’t reply quick enough.

His eyes ran over my body and he smiled in appreciation. “You were right he is beautiful.” He winked at me.

I smiled politely and moved over to Seifer but he stopped me. “You know if you ever get tired of him....”

Seifer hissed and pulled me to towards him. “He won’t.”

I bit the inside of my cheek to keep from laughing.

Tristan shrugged. “I’m going for breakfast.”

When he left I chuckled.

“What’s so funny?” Seifer spun round to look at me.

I looped my arms around him. “You’re soooooo jealous.”

“Of course.” He held me close to him. “I never want to lose you.”

I smirked. “I’m not going anywhere, I’m afraid you’re stuck with me for a while.”

I got home and switched on the computer. Back in school Zell had introduced me to the world of fan fiction and now I was hooked, I had forced Seifer into buying a computer with a connection to the internet. He thought I was mad but then he had never read any PWPs. He was the one who had spent hours on the internet looking up porn, it had taken me ages to drag him off that thing and that’s the last time I wear a dress.

“No wonder you weren’t interested in me when you could go home to that.” Tristan smirked at me but I tried to ignore him. He sat on the desk swinging his legs back and forth. “You’re lucky to have him.”

“I know.”

“How long have you been together?”

“Four years.”

“Wow that’s long.”

I looked over at him. “Are you going to do any work today?”

He held up his hands. “Of course, we’re not all workaholics like you some of us have lives. Squall as work obsessed as you are?”

I didn’t bother answering, I knew where he was going.

“No? Do you ever get time to be with him? Cause you know if not I’ll be more than happy to-”

I cut him off shooting him a glare. “You stay the hell away from him!”

He laughed. “Hit a nerve did I? You need to make a real effort if you want to keep that one, I won’t be the only one interested, he’ll have a lot of admirers in the future.”

I remained silent and tried to ignore him but he was right. I’ve always been scared of someone taking Squall away from me; he got a lot of admirers. I know I was possessive over him and I hoped it wouldn’t drive him away. He’d told me he liked that I was protective over him, he said he felt safe but how long would that last?

Someone knocked on the door and both me and Tristan looked up.

“Excuse me?” A young blonde guy looked in.

Tristan grinned. “I’ll handle this.”

I rolled my eyes, hoping he would be a while so I could do some work. Unfortunately 15 minutes later he walked back in grinning.

“Well?”

“Got his number.” He waved a piece at me.

“What did he want?”

“Directions.”

“Than what took you so long?”

He grinned and opened his mouth to tell me but I stopped him. “You know what? I don’t want to know.”

He flittered around the garage looking for something interesting to do. I ignored him.

“Now this is interesting.”

My eyes widened in horror the little tramp had taken my wallet out of my coat and was going through it. “Do you carry a photo of your boyfriend like sappy straight couples do?”

The panic set in as I remembered the photo that I had put in my wallet. Squall would kill me if he found about this. I moved to snatch it back but he jumped backwards and turned his back on me as he rummaged through my wallet.

I tried again and this time he let me have it because he’d found something much more interesting inside.

He chuckled. “Kinky.” He stared at my photo before I wretched it from his grasped it from him. “Nice jacket.” He smirked. “Does he know you carry that thing around with you? Maybe I should tell him.”

I gritted my teeth and punched him in his smirking face. It shut him up for a moment; I turned away from him and put the photo in my back pocket for safekeeping. Much to my surprise he didn’t just back off and drop it, I guess he had more balls than I thought he had. He glared at me and tried to hit me back but I was a lot taller than he was and he had to reach up giving me the time to block the blow and hit him again. I continued to hit and kick him even once he was down and then..... my boss walked in.

I looked up from my place on the sofa when I heard the front door open. “You’re early aren’t you?”

Seifer hovered in the living room doorway.

“What happened?”

He muttered something, looking down at the ground.

“What?”

“I said I got suspended.”

“What?! Why?”

“Got into a fight.”

I looked him over. There wasn’t a mark on him. I patted the empty space beside me gesturing for him to sit down. “Who with? Did you win?”

He lowered himself down to the sofa beside me. “With Tristan and yes I won.... my boss picked that day and that moment to walk in on us. He was on the floor and I was the one kicking the shit out of him.... he said I attacked him.”

I leaned my head on his shoulder. “I told you not to let him get to you. What was it about?”

“What?”

“You fight, what started it?”

He shook his head. “It doesn’t matter.” He sighed. He didn’t seem angry or anything he was merely upset. “I think I might have a shower.” I watched my lover disappear into the bedroom.

I didn’t know what to do to make things better; usually I was good at that but now... I didn’t know what to do.

Return to Archive | next | previous