Author's Notes: I know I said angst but this is still on the fluffy side, I’m getting there, honest in the next chapter... hopefully.

Forever

Chapter 3

By Purple Penguin

I got out of the car; Squall leaned over to kiss me goodbye. I smiled and gave him a quick kiss.

“See ya later.”

“Bye.”

I watched him reverse the car and drive away, we only had the one car between us at the moment and Squall needed it more than I did. He had to drive out of town to get to work, while I could walk home in the afternoon.

I walked up to the garage and pulled out my keys to open the doors but the right door fell open by itself when I touched it. I frowned and gingerly looked inside. A man was going through one of the drawers in the desk. “What the hell are you doing?!”

He jumped and spun round, the sunlight shone on him giving me enough light to see what he looked like. He had short, spiky, bright green hair, he was tall but not as tall as I was, he wore blue faded jeans and a plain grey T-shirt.

He smiled. “You scared the hell out of me. You’re Seifer, right?”

I frowned. “Who are you?”

“Boss didn’t tell you about me?” He held out a hand to me. “I’m Tristan I’m new here.”

I hadn’t been told about anyone new, I stared at him suspiciously.

“You don’t believe me? Fine call him and ask.” He gestured to the phone.

“You work full time here now?”

“Yeah, the boss told me you could do with a hand.”

I groaned. I did remember he saying he was going to get me some help but that was weeks ago and I thought he’d have forgotten, I hoped he’d forgotten.

“Believe me?”

I nodded causing him to grin. “Want a coffee?”

I hung up my jacket. “No thanks.” I switched on the radio like always and started work on an old MGB.

He leant on the desk watching me; I got the feeling he wasn’t going to do much. I looked up and met his eyes. “What?”

“I was just wondering...”

“Yes?”

“Are you gay?” He asked bluntly.

I frowned. “Maybe.”

“Oh I don’t mind but I just thought you were.”

“Giving off an aura am I?” I rolled my eyes.

He laughed. “I saw you checking me out?”

I almost laughed out loud. “What?! Don’t flatter yourself!”

“I’m only telling you what I saw.”

I rolled my eyes again. “I have a boyfriend who’s ten times hotter than you are.”

He laughed and held up his hands. “Okay, okay I was just saying-”

“Well don’t.”

He sat on the edge of the table and swung his legs back and forth. I knew he would let it drop though. “So, this boyfriend of yours, is he blonde, brunette, redhead?”

“None of your business.”

“Hey I’m just making conversion. I’d like to know the people I work with.”

I sighed. “He’s a brunette.”

“And?”

“And what?”

He sighed. “Let me start. I’m gay, single and I like blondes.” He winked at me. “You’re turn.”

I glared at him.

“Well?” He looked at me expectantly.

“Fine. I’ve been with my boyfriend for four years we met at school; he’s a brunette and he’s beautiful. Happy?”

“Very.” He grinned.

My so-called worker didn’t actually do anything useful, he made the coffee and flirted with a young guy who brought a car in. At least it was better than when he was talking to me. I had never been gladder to see 5 o’clock in my life. One more hour and I might just have killed him.

I opened my front door to be greeted with a wonderful smell. I followed my nose into the kitchen where 12 gingerbread men were cooling. I shook my head when I heard a noise behind me.

“You got home early again, didn’t you?”

He rested his head on my shoulder and his arms linked around my waist. “Actually I have to go back later.”

“What?” I looked disappointed. I had plans for tonight.

“I was hoping to make it up to you.”

“With gingerbread men?!”

“But I have different colours of icing; you can help decorate them.” He offered.

I grinned at him, an idea coming to me. “Can I decorate you with icing as well afterwards?”

He blushed and smiled. “Well I don’t have to leave until 8:30.”

I smiled and kissed him tenderly to seal the deal.

He pulled away and put six gingerbread men on a plate for me, he handed me some colours.

I picked up the tube of brown and set to making gingerbread Squall. I put slanted zigzags on the top of its head for hair. The eyes were bright blue, as we didn’t have grey/blue icing.

“Have you got pink?”

“Yeah.” He handed me the tube.

I used it to add a nose, some nipples and his cock. Yes, this Squall was naked. I should go into the business of making X-rated bakery things. You should have seen what I wrote on Squall’s birthday cake before Ellone made me change it.

“How was work?”

“Terrible. There’s this new guy, he didn’t do anything except flirt with everyone in sight, make coffee and talk about guys.”

Squall smirked. “Sounds like you should get on well with him then. Does he flirt with you?”

I nodded.

“Should I be worried?”

I glanced at him seeing the girl ginger bread figure he was painting. “Of course not. Are you painting that thing’s nails?”

“Yes.” He looked over at my gingerbread men. “What the hell is that?”

“That’s you.”

“I’m naked. Why am I naked?”

“These are gingerbread men that tell the future. That’s you in... 10 minutes.”

He blushed and opened the fridge. “You should have been here earlier.”

I chuckled at the chocolate buns with a letter on each one.

They said: S-E-I-F-E-R I-’-M H-O-R-N-Y-!

Squall had this strange habit, when he was horny he baked things. I didn’t understand it, was a substitute for sex? Should I be worried?

“You’re not going to give up on sex to bake things instead are you?” He laughed and shut the fridge. “Is that you’re worst fear?”

“Maybe.”

I laughed and kissed me. I picked him up and headed out of the kitchen, remembering to nick a tube of icing off the counter.

“What about the ginger bread men?”

“They’re not going anywhere.”

I happily decorated Squall with icing until he had to leave.

Return to Archive | next | previous