Author's Notes: Sequel to meant to be for those of you who wanted it.

Forever

Chapter 1

By Purple Penguin

I stood at the side of the room watching others chat. laugh and gossip with each other. Ellone ran across the room with Irvine chasing her holding a water pistol. I wondered where he got it but I spotted my father chasing my mother around with another water pistol and I shook my head. Big kids all of them.

“Come on Squall join in.”

I shook my head but smiled at my sister as she ran up to me. “This is your birthday party; you’re 21 you should celebrate.”

“I am, that’s what the party’s for.”

She mock frowned at me. “Squall you should join in the fun with us.” Her expression softened. “I’m sure he’ll be here soon.”

Everyone was growing up with the exception of my dad; he’ll never grow up. Seifer and I had a house in Winhill not far from my parent’s house. We worked; I had a part-time job in a restaurant and Seifer was a full-time mechanic. Before you say anything, I’ve heard all the jokes. Seifer’s the husband and I’m the wife. Hilarious.

Ellone and Irvine got married a few months back, I’m glad she found someone she loves, they seem very happy together. When we get together with friends she loves to tell everyone our story; she delights in watching their reaction when she says she went out with Seifer before I did. She couldn’t be happier for us now, she teases me all the time asking when the wedding will be, if she can b my bride’s maid. Me? Get married? I don’t think so; Seifer’s not the marrying type. We’ll never break up though, at least I hope not, I can’t imagine my life without him.

I shook away the thoughts and watched past Ellone to stand by the window. She looked sadly at me; I turned to stare though the glass at the dark road outside. I knew my lover would be working late tonight, he said he’d try to be here by 8:00. I looked up at the clock that read 6:00. I frowned at it, trying to will two hours to go by in seconds.

I jumped when a cowboy hat was placed on my head and a pair of arms linked around my neck.

“What are you doing over here? Ya dad’s forcing everyone to dance.”

“Great.” I said dully.

“Don’t be like that.” He turned me around to face him. “You can dance with me.”

I cracked a smile. “You would dance with me?”

He tried to look offended. “Hey! I’m I good dancer, I promise not to step on your toes.”

I smiled.

“But I get to lead.” He added.

“Fine.”

“Great! You won’t regret it.” He dragged me over to the centre of the room and put his arms around my waist and I put mine around his neck.

Ellone laughed. “What on earth are you doing?!”

“Me and Squall are dancing; you’ll have to go steal someone else’s husband.”

My sister smirked at me playfully. “So now you’ve stolen Irvine from me as well as Seifer, huh?”

“Do you want him back?”

She held up her hands and backed up. “No, no you keep him.”

I moved to the music with Irvine. “See I’m not that bad at dancing, am I?”

I smiled slightly.

“But you’d rather dance with Seifer, huh?”

“Is it that obvious?”

“You’re walking round here like you two had a fight or something. You two are okay, right?”

“Yeah it’s fine, I knew he had to work late I’m just being stupid.”

He grinned. “Aww little Squally’s in lurve!!”

I frowned at him causing his grin to widened.

“So are you!” Was my lame reply.

“I’m trying to cheer you up... is it working?”

I looked down as a little smile appeared on my lips. “Maybe a little.”

He looked proud of himself. After a few minutes for silence he chuckled suddenly.

“What?”

“Remember that time when I thought you needed a girlfriend?”

My eyes widened. “No, not Cheryl!”

He laughed. “I was being a good friend, setting my best mate up with a nice girl.”

“Nice? Do you know how many times she tried to put her hands in my pants?”

He laughed. “That was the point! I figured you could do with a good lay.”

I groaned.

“How was I supposed to know you were gay?!”

I saw Ellone walk up to us. “I think your wife wants a dance.” I waved at my sister and left them to it.

I glanced at the clock again. 6:15. It seemed longer somehow.

“Squall!”

My nutty father ran up to me.

“What?”

“Are you going to open your presents yet?” He gestured to the table that was full of parcels.

“I can’t do that Seifer isn’t here yet.”

He sighed. Maybe it’ll cheer you up, we’ll save the presents from me, your mother, Ellone and Irvine till later when the guests have gone and Seifer’s here, yeah?”

I sighed and nodded.

He grinned and patted me on the back. “Great.” He ran off to gather everyone up to watch.

I hated having an audience. I picked up the first parcel, an old woman I’d never met said it was from her. I opened it and to my horror I held a bright red jumper with cute little rainbows and birds on against myself. Ellone giggled but tried to hide it behind a cough. Did this woman think I was eight or something?

I continued to open the presents from the people I’d never meet until I was done. I smiled falsely at the crowd. I now had a hundred new pairs of socks, a Jazz CD, a pack of condoms from a drunken uncle and a black leather biker jacket, which was the only present I did like. That was from Kiros and Ward, so I didn’t think it was the same as the others, I knew them so they didn’t have to guess at what I liked.

I thought I was done when a new present appeared on the table, I turned to my left to see a tall, familiar blonde.

“Hey babe.”

I forgot about the crowd of relatives and leapt into Seifer’s arms, kissing him. I heard a few old ladies gasp in shock and horror, but they could go to hell.

“Seifer, you’re early.”

He grinned feeling my arms wrap round his neck and my legs round his waist. I heard the shocked whispers, but this was my party so I’d kiss my boyfriend if I wanted to.

“Hi Seifer.”

I jumped down so Ellone could hug him. My mother offered the other food, hoping they wouldn’t say anything to me or Seifer.

The blonde grabbed my present off the table and dragged me over to one of the benches at the side of the room.

“What is it?” I asked as I sat down with the present on my lap.

“Open it and see.”

I lifted the lid of the little jewellery box to find a beautiful silver oval locket.

“Open the locket.”

I did as I was told and raised an eyebrow at the picture, I had expected it to be of Seifer but thought he would’ve had clothes on.

He grinned at me, fully aware that a horde of old ladies watched us. “I’ll give you present 2 later.” He kissed me deeply.

Present two had been the same for the past 4 years with a few small differences like handcuffs or body paint.

I watched an old lady scurry off towards me mother, probably to complain about us, I didn’t care I came out years ago I didn’t hide who I was anymore.

Seifer helped me put the chin around my neck. “It’s beautiful thank you.”

Aunt Hilda buzzed around in front of me.

“Did you know about that? That’s boy’s a bad influence on Squall.”

I sighed. “They’re happy and they live together, I think Seifer’s good for Squall, besides he’s an adult, I can’t tell him what to do.”

“But-but....”

“Look at them, can you honestly tell me you’re not glad Squall’s that happy even if Seifer is that cause of it?”

She turned and scurried back under the rock she crawled out of.

“You go girl!” Laguna said.

I glared at my husband; Squall had inherited his glare from me.

He held his hands up in surrender. “Please don’t hurt me.”

“Shut up and dance with me.”

He saluted and grinned like an idiot. “Yes Madam.”

Return to Archive | next | prequel