Galbadia V Balamb Football Match

Part 7 - Uniforms and Stargazing

By Purple Penguin

Selphie stared at the uniform that Irvine had suddenly given them to wear. “A-Are you sure about this? Why the uniform so suddenly?”

“You really think I’m going to let Squall be the only one to have a uniform and be all professional? What if we turn up in our sweat pants and they look the part huh? Then what?”

The petite looked a little concern. “Irvy don’t you think you’re taking this a little seriously?”

“No this is NOT a game, this is... war.”

“War?” She looked doubtful.

“Squall’s pissed about us having Laguna and co on our team so this is his way to get one up on us but we’ll be ready for him.”

Selphie held up the red vest and black shorts. “Why these colours?”

“Balamb is white and blue like their uniform and our garden is red and black.... well sort of.”

“Uh huh.” She shrugged and pulled off her top, getting changed into it. She did a twirl. “Well?”

He gave her a thumbs up causing her to frown. Whatever she usually put on Irvine was all horny and shit and now all she got was a thumbs up? God she must look terrible.

“How do you think the others will take it?”

“Do you think you’re got one big enough for Ward?” She paused. “What about the Moomba?”

He grinned. “I thought of that, he’d already got the red so...” He pulled out a black cape. “Ta-Da.”

She just stared at the madness. “Uh huh that’s... nice.” She turned and headed for the door.

“Seffie? Where you going?”

“What was he thinking?” Rinoa whined staring in the mirror in horror. “A-A red vest? Hope no one important sees me or I’ll never live this down.”

“Well we are going to see Squall and the rest of the game tomorrow you know.” Laguna reminded her.

She sighed. “I said anyone important, Squall gave up that when he decided he wanted to fuck him friends.”

Laguna fidgeted, looking uncomfortable.

“I mean can you imagine leaving someone as great, beautiful wonderful as me for someone as pathetic and distasteful as Seifer.”

“I-I don’t know.”

She snorted. “And as for Zell?” She sneered.

The older man switched tactics. “Well I think you look lovely.”

Her face crumpled and she almost burst into tears. “B-But you’re old, I must look terrible.” She looked back at the mirror. “I DO look terrible.”

Laguna just stood, not knowing what to do anymore. A knock on the door saved him. Kiros walked in after knocking and a slow grin came over his lips as he ran his eyes up Laguna’s uniformed body slowly, causing the man to be more uncomfortable. He gave his secret lover a look. Rinoa may not be the brightest bulb in the box but she wasn’t that stupid.

“Irvine wants to see us outside now.” He took them.

“I can’t believe I’m doing this.” She clasped her hands to her face. “What if I break something?”

“Like a nail?” Kiros whispered.

Laguna gave him a light slap on the arm. “Don’t.” He whispered.

“Oh and Ward has been demoted to a sub.”

“Why?”

“That moomba is a great goalie, what with the massive paws and all that.”

Laguna went up to the distraught Rinoa. “Come on lets go, it’s unlikely we’ll play you anyway, if we lose one player that Ward can go in, We can only use you if we get desperate.” He blinked thinking that was a bit harsh and opened his mouth to correct himself but she stopped him.

“Do you mean that?”

“Um... yeah?”

She hugged him. “You say the nicest things.”

He stared in shock and looked over his shoulder at Kiros who grinned and leant on the doorway.

Meanwhile in Balamb.

“Seifer! The doctor said I had to rest my ankle if I wanted to play tomorrow, where are we going?” Zell whined as his lover carried him out of the front gate.

“Outside.”

“Why?”

Seifer didn’t answer, he’ll find out soon enough. The little blonde shivered as they went outside into the night air. Suddenly Seifer stopped and Zell half expected to be dropped but instead he was gently put down onto a blanket that had appeared from nowhere.

“Where did this come from?”

“The fucking pixies put it there, where’d you think it came from?” He snapped back before he could stop himself. He sighed and knelt beside Zell before stretching out beside his lover on the blanket covered ground. Zell leant on one elbow watching Seifer who had both arms behind his head.

“So?”

“Huh?”

“Why am I out here? Did you want something?”

“No not really.”

Zell frowned. “I don’t get you.”

Seifer chuckled. “Thanks Chickie.” He held out an arm. “Come here.”

Zell shuffled up to his side and put his head on his chest. Seifer wrapped the spare arm around him and fingers played with the spikes of his hair.

“I actually come out here a lot; it’s quiet you know.”

“Really?” He paused. “Raijin.” He added, teasingly.

“For once in your life can you shut the hell up and listen to me.”

“Sorry.” Zell whispered.

“ It’s quiet; you can just sit and stare at the stars.”

Zell scoffed. “Seifer Almasy likes to star gaze?”

“Shut up! I like quiet sometimes.”

“If you want quiet why am I here?”

He shrugged. “I thought you might like it.”

Zell moved closer to Seifer’s warmth, flinging an arm around his waist. A few seconds of silence pasted. “So... do you know any stars?”

The taller blonde sighed. “You can’t do it can you?”

“What?”

“Be quiet for more than 5 seconds.”

“I can.”

“Go on then, 5 minutes.”

“Fine, no problem.”

Silence, and Seifer held back a smile.

 

tbc.

Return to Archive | next | previous