Degrading The Lion

Chapter 5 - Safe Haven

By Redrum

[Seifer]

Drawing Ifrit from the G.F. sphere, I junction quickly and make my way over to Squall. Standing beside the large bed I place a hand on the brunette's bloody torso. Muttering numerous Curas, blue sparks dance over Squall's pale form. His body jerks as the Curas take affect. His eyes flicker open, and he whispers something that makes my heart brake, taking a quiet breath he falls asleep. A much needed sleep I'm sure.

"Please don't let Dylan find me." That one whispered confession stays with me through out the day as I sit by Squall's side, only getting up to relieve myself..

Having watched him for several hours I find my eye lids drooping against my will. After numerous times of nearly dozing off, I finally give in and leaning down I rest my head in my crossed arms on top of the soft bed.

[Squall]

I open my eyes a sliver to see Seifer, with his head resting on his arms near me. Blinking the sleep from my vision, I sit up gingerly, careful not to move the bed too much. I sigh in relief when I don't feel any of the pain I was experiencing last night. God that was hell. I was so weary from all the blood loss, still am a bit. Have you ever had the experience of getting ripped around like a rag doll? I thought not. It's hurts like a son of a bitch. There's no other way to explain the excruciating pain I was in.

I'm lucky Seifer healed me in time. I think any longer and I would have died. I'm not looking forward to leaving this safe haven though. The only place I feel safe is in Seifer's dorm room. Where Dylan can't go..

It's not that I don't love him. It's just a twisted love I guess. He hurts me, but he shows me a caring side that I could never hope to receive from anyone else. With Dylan I can believe for those few moments when he doesn't hurt me that he really does love me. I've never been loved by anyone, and it's nice to know that he loves me. When he's not hurting me anyway. It's not his fault he beats me, I ask for it with the way I behave sometimes. Most people think it's the other way around, but it's my fault. I'm the one that provokes him. If I go against his rules then it's only right that I should be taught a lesson.

I just hope Dylan can forgive me for spending this much time away from him. With Seifer of all people, the one person he's jealous of. He's never told me that, but I can see it in his eyes when ever Seifer talks to me. Though there's always a deep hate in his brown eyes whenever anyone talks to me. It just seems more.. brutal when directed at Seifer. I hope to God he doesn't try to hurt Seifer. I'd willingly take the place of Seifer if someone tried to hurt him. I wonder if I would do the same for Dylan?-of course I would.

Shaking my head at my fruitless thoughts, I let my eyes glaze over as I turn to the window. Watching the sun's golden rays sweep across the midnight blue sky. I wait for Seifer to wake up.

[Seifer]

I groan and sit up slowly. Rubbing the back of my neck, trying to get the kinks out. My gaze travels to the muscular brunette who is staring out the window. The sun is already high up in the sky, and he appears to be lost in thought.

"Leonhart-"

"I think you can call me Squall now, considering you've saved my life twice." I smirk slightly

"And you never once said 'thank you' might I add." He glances at me briefly

"Thanks.." It's so quiet that I see it fall off his lips rather then hear the soft spoken voice.

"Yeah well, it was nothing. Anyway, like I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted." His eyes narrow in my direction and I chuckle slightly. "I think we should go down to the cafeteria to get some food, I haven't eating in awhile and I'm sure you haven't in a long time, judging by how skinny you look right now. So are you okay with going to the caf.?" He nods slightly, not bothering to contradict what he already knows is true about his appearance.

Return to Archive | next | previous