Archiver's Note: Do not take this story and post it on your own page without permission from the author.

Crush

Chapter Thirteen - Rumors

By Fantasy Lover

Daydreams fill his nighttimes, and night dreams fill his days
Confusion and uncertainty, a puzzled mind of haze
You thought he was so powerful, and set upon his ways
Well he left us all to follow through this maze
I heard the king was dying, I heard the king was dead
And with him died the chronicles that no one ever read
The closet’s fully empty now, it’s occupied by none
I’ll draw the drapes now destiny is done

- Closet Chronicles (Kansas)

 

‘God this is boring. Doesn’t she ever shut up? I’d rather be listening to Dincht than this.’

Seifer was sitting in Instructor Trepe’s class, wishing he had gone with Squall instead. As he sat there, a message popped up on his screen. It was from Irvine.

‘HEY, SEIFER. WHERE’S SQUALL?’

‘BALAMB.’

‘OH... THEN YOU WANNA GO TO MY PLACE AFTER CLASS?’

‘FUCK NO! IT’S OVER BETWEEN US! WHY DON’T YOU MOVE ON...FIND SOMEONE ELSE.’

‘ ‘CAUSE YOU WERE THE BEST. NOBODY ELSE COULD EVER COMPARE TO YOU.’

‘RIGHT, KINNEAS. THAT’S WHY YOU’VE SCREWED PRACTICALLY EVERYONE IN THE GARDEN.’

‘OF COURSE. I JUST WANTED TO SEE IF ANYONE COMPARED. ’

‘YOU ARE SUCH A FUCKING LIER. YOU’D DO ANYTHING TO GET IN THE SACK WITH SOMEONE WOULDN’T YOU?’

‘IS THAT THE ONLY REASON YOU WON’T MAKE LOVE TO ME ANYMORE?’

‘PRETTY MUCH...APART FROM YOU BEING A SLUTTY LITTLE MAN WHORE, I’M ALSO IN LOVE WITH SQUALL.’

‘UGH! DON’T REMIND ME! EVERYTIME I SEE YOU TWO, YOUR PRACTACLLY SCREWING EACH OTHER IN THE HALLS...SO, HAVE YOU TOLD SQUALL ABOUT US YET?’

‘YEAH RIGHT! AND IF YOU KNOW WHAT’S GOOD FOR YOU, YOU WON’T EITHER.’

The door opened, and in stepped Nida.

“I’m sorry for the interruption, instructor, but I’m going to have to ask Seifer Almasy to come with me right away. It’s an emergency.”

‘Crap. What now?’ He thought to himself.

They walked down the hall in silence. Such quiet made Seifer nervous.

“We’re we going?”

“I was told to take you to the infirmary.”

“What? Why?” his eyes grew wide with concern.

“I’m not sure why.”

As they walked down the hall, Seifer noticed Rinoa. She was crying. When she saw him, she hurried over.

“Oh my god. I’m so sorry, Seifer. I just heard about Squall. I’m so sorry.”

“What happened to him?”

“You mean you didn’t hear? Oh my god. Seifer, Squall’s dead.” She reached her arms around to comfort him, but he pushed her away.

“WHAT? YOU FUCKING LIAR! HE CAN’T BE DEAD! HOW?”

“He was shot while he was in Balamb,” she began to cry again.

“This is all your fault,” he glared at her, “You and your damn meddling friends. Why couldn’t you just leave us ALONE!”

Rinoa watched as he pulled back his fist. She threw up her hands to block his punch, closing her eyes in apprehension. To her surprise, he rammed his knuckles into a nearby wall, then ran off to the infirmary.

When he arrived, there was no one in sight. Then, he looked behind a curtain and saw his lover laying on the bed, motionless.

“Oh Squall...what did they do to you? Damn it! I’m gonna kill those bastards!” It would be no use trying to hold back the tears. There were just to many of them.

“Damn...Why didn’t I go with you?” he lamented, “I wish I was dead too!”

“Please don’t,” came a muffled voice, “I don’t think I could live without you.”

“Squall! Your alive!” he shouted.

“Of course I am. You didn’t think I’d leave, did you?” his voice was almost a whisper.

“I thought I lost you,” tears were still streaming down the blond man’s cheeks. “What happened babe?”

“Well, it was just like my dream....but look. I’m still here.” Squall paused for a moment, then continued, “I don’t care what they do to us. Nothing...not even death can keep us apart.”

Seifer looked around nervously. He had something that he had been planning on doing for some time, but he wasn’t sure when the right time to ask was. Now he was sure....

“Squall....” he drew in a deep breath, “I know we haven’t been together very long, but... um...You know I love you so much....and well, I was wondering...” He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small box. Kneeling next to Squall’s bed, he asked, “Squall...will you marry me?”

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE: I know that Seifer proposing is kind of sappy(for lack of a better term), but it’s gonna help later to add depth to their relationship...I hope. Please review and tell me what you think kupo.

Return to Archive | next | previous