Archiver's Note: Do not take this story and post it on your own page without permission from the author.

Crush

Chapter Twelve - The Truth In Dreams

By Fantasy Lover

That’s why I fight fire with fire, Oh I’m burning inside and my heart is a-crying
Fire with fire, I don’t want to lose this flaming’ desire
Standing alone in a crowded room
I can feel a chill in the air
I’m shakin’
I’m miles away
I want to cry out loud
I want to fight till the end
I won’t let them take me alive

- Fight Fire With Fire (Kansas)

 

"So, what were you talking about in there?" Squall asked.

"Well, before I tell you, let me ask you something. How would you feel about moving in together?"

Squall was speechless, then "You mean...you and me? Well... I think it’s a great idea."

"I’m glad you like it because Cid already approved it."

"Nah uh. Really? How?"

"Simple. I just told him that I’m happy when we’re together, which makes me less violent."

"And he believed you?" he said sarcastically, "Goes to show that there aren’t cameras in the bedrooms."

"Ha-ha. Very funny," he smiled seductively at Squall then continued, "You better be careful or I’ll have to teach you a lesson when we get back to my place."

"Bring it on."

The next few days were pure bliss. Being confined to quarters had its advantages, especially now that they were together. It wasn’t until day 5 that the two started to argue.

"God, Squall. Why can’t you do it right?" Seifer shouted.

v "What do you expect ME to do? I’m not an expert like you!" Squall protested.

"If you’d just jump when I tell you to, then things wouldn’t be this hard."

"Then why don’t YOU do it."

"Get back here, Squall! I’m not through with you yet!"

"I don’t care! I’m sick of you criticizing everything I do!"

"Fine! Leave! I don’t need your help! I don’t need anyone!"

"Fine! I hope you and Mario have a good time without me!"

Squall slammed the door to the bedroom. He hated playing video games with Seifer because they usually fought.

‘Damn that man! Why is he always such a jerk. It’s just a stupid game.’

He lay in his bed trying to block out his frustration. He heard the phone ring, but decided to let Seifer answer it.

"Yo, Squall!" Seifer called from the living room, "Pick up the phone! It’s your boyfriend, Irvine!"

"Shut the hell up! He’s not my boyfriend!" He picked up the phone.

"You know, that really hurts, Leonhart," said Irvine, pretending to be upset, "So, how’s life in prison?"

"Oh, Seifer’s being a jackass like always."

"I heard that!" Seifer yelled from the other room.

"See... What’d I tell you."

"Hey, you wanna go training today? Don’t tell me you can’t because I already checked with Cid."

"Sounds good to me. I just need to get away from here for awhile."

"Meet you there in a few minutes, k?"

"Whatever," he said hanging up.

They only trained for an hour, but it seemed longer to Squall. He wasn’t sure why, but he felt bad for yelling at Seifer.

"Wanna grab a bite?"

"Nah, I gotta get back now. Remember, I’m still on probation."

"You think Seifer would mind if you came back to my place for a little while?"

Squall rolled his eyes at the request, "Why do I even bother with you Irvine."

"It’s because you know deep inside that you want me." He raised one eyebrow in hopes of seducing Squall.

"What makes you think I’d want you?"

"’Cause I’m strong, got a great body... plus I’ve got a six inch shaft."

"Really? I don’t believe it."

"You wanna see?

"Irvine, take you six inches and shove it!"

"That’s what I’m trying to do."

The room was dark when Squall returned.

"You in here, Seifer?"

He made his way to the bedroom were he saw Seifer huddled on the bed. Slowly, he made his way over as to not wake his lover. He undressed, and crawled under the covers. Running his fingers through the thick blond hair, he thought of their earlier quarrel. It was petty, and immature. If only he had known what the future was to hold for them, they would never have another fight. And with that, Squall drifted to sleep.

The aroma of eggs filled the room, arousing Squall from his deep sleep. Still groggy from sleep, he made his way into the kitchen where he was cheerfully greeted by Seifer.

"Morning, babe. Did you sleep good?"

"Oh *yawn*, yeah."

"Good. Hey, I got a call from Cid this morning. He’s letting us off a day early."

"Really? Great. Um, I’ve gotta go into Balamb today. You wanna go?"

"I’d like to, but I have a test to make up." He glanced at his watch. "Speaking of which, I’m late. Enjoy breakfast." They exchanged a brief kiss, and then he was gone.

He was in no hurry, so he took his time eating. There was an uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach, but he ignored it, hoping it would go away. After throwing on his clothes, he made his way to the parking lot.

"Hello, Squall. Haven’t seen you in a while. How are you?" Mrs. Dincht called.

"Pretty good," he returned.

"And how’s my boy? Still making trouble?"

"Yes, ma’am. He’s just fine."

"Next time you see him, tell him to call me or visit."

"Whatever," he mumbled.

He had been on his way to an Items Shop, when he got a sudden urge to go into the hotel near the harbor. As soon as his foot hit the floor, the memories of his dream came flooding back to him. He could still feel the gun barrel against his head, and hear the voices haunting him.

‘Where’s your boyfriend...You were foolish...Leave...You're going to pay...You’re time is up...Too late now.’

What did it all mean? Why were these words flooding his head now?

Looking around the room, Squall noticed that he was in the same hotel lobby from his dream. Under the hanging chandelier stood a ladder similar to the one he dreamed of. In fact, every detail seemed to match. His blood chilled when the final piece of the puzzle came into view. Through the front door walked three men. He recognized two of them instantly, but the third was only vaguely familiar. The first was the large man that he and Seifer had fought in the hall of the Garden. The second one was the man that had attacked them outside of the restaurant. However, the third was a stranger to his eyes. Squall had never actually seen him before, but his face seemed to be imprinted in his brain. Then it hit him. It was the same patronizing face from his nightmare.

The small group made their way over to him.

"Oh, look. It’s the pixie, and this time he’s all alone," said the first man in a falsetto tone of voice.

"Aww. Isn’t he precious," the second man added in a degrading manner, "Don’t worry. We won’t kill you...yet."

The men blocked the entrance. Squall glanced around nervously searching for another way out, but there was none to be found.

Squall gritted his teeth, "Get the hell away from me."

"What’s wrong, faggot? Don’t you like us?"

The men surrounded him, closing in tight.

"Ya know pixie... I have a feeling that today just isn’t your day."

"So, cam we beat the shit out of him yet?" the first man asked.

The third man waved his hand in an apathetic manner, "Go ahead....but don’t kill him. Leave that to me."

The second man shoved Squall to the ground, "I’m gonna do to you what you did to me faggot."

He grabbed Squall by the hair and repeatedly rammed his head into the linoleum tiles, then it was the first mans’ turn. He jabbed his fist into Squall’s gut, each time with more force than the last, until he began coughing up blood.

"Had enough you little bastard?" The first man yelled.

"No..." the second man answered, "I still don’t think he’s learned his lesson yet."

"Hold it, men," the third interrupted, "It’s my turn."

Both Squall’s eyes and lips were beginning to swell from the beating he had taken. He wasn’t sure, but he thought he might have been drifting in and out of consciousness. However, once the third man arrived, they made sure that wouldn’t happen again.

"Where’s you boyfriend runt?" the man said calmly, "You were foolish to leave his asylum. Now you're going to pay for your stupidity."

Then man reached under his coat, pulling out a .22 caliber pistol.

He pulled the trigger, "That’s from my friends..."

Instinctively, Squall grabbed his shoulder to control the bleeding, but it was too deep.

"...And this," he continued as he again pulled the trigger, " is from me."

Squall felt a burning sensation in his lower abdomen. He glanced down, watching as blood stained his white shirt a crimson red. Then, for some reason, the pain began to fade. Squall smiled to himself as if to welcome death. He closed his eyes and darkness enveloped him.

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE: Well, what did you think? Review kupo.....FYI: I still plan on writing three more chapters.

Return to Archive | next | previous