Archiver's Note: Do not take this story and post it on your own page without permission from the author.

Crush

Chapter Eight - Dreams

By Fantasy Lover

Once I rose above the noise and confusion
Just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion
I was soaring ever higher
But I flew too high
Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
Though my mind could think I still was a mad man
I hear the voices when I'm dreaming
I can hear them say....

- Wayward Son (Kansas)

 

That evening was filled with laughter and elation. Laguna was amusing the two young men with stories of his past with Ward and Kiros, tears rolling down their cheeks by the end of each story.

"...Ward was so drunk that night that he was falling all over the place. And when he started flirting with Ms. Palmer, the manager, he drooled on her new dress. She was so infuriated that she slapped him and threw the three of us out..."

"Oh man. I wish I could have seen that," Squall said, trying to hold in the tears.

"Yeah, me too. God, you had some great times," Seifer added.

"Yes, we did. I just wish I could remember more of them," Laguna said, "Most of the time I was dead drunk, passed out on the floor." This started a whole new series of laughter that couldn’t be contained.

"Oh crap. What time is it?" Squall asked.

"About 12:30, babe."

"Damn. I gotta get some sleep. I got some tests in the morning."

"Yeah. It’s about time for me to go anyway. I’ve got a busy day too." Laguna agreed, "If I don’t see you in the morning before I leave, then I’ll try to call you sometime."

"Sure. Thanks for coming."

"Nice to meet you, Seifer," Laguna said as he left.

"Same here," he called after him.

"See you in the morning babe. I love you," he whispered in Squall’s ear, then they kissed goodnight.

"I love you, too," he replied.

He closed the door and made his way to bed. Before long, he was asleep.

Squall looked around. He was standing in the middle of a hotel, hundreds of people standing around him. They seemed to be chanting something that he couldn’t quite make out.

"SyQoUuArL LgSoQiUnAgL LtSo QdUiAeLL! SyQoUuArL LgSoQiUnAgL LtSo QdUiAeLL!" they chanted.

"What? I can’t understand what you're saying! Tell me, please!" he yelled to them.

The pace of the chant quickened, becoming louder and louder every moment. "SyQoUuArL LgSoQiUnAgL LtSo QdUiAeLL! SyQoUuArL LgSoQiUnAgL LtSo QdUiAeLL! SyQoUuArL LgSoQiUnAgL LtSo QdUiAeLL!"

He looked around again. This time something was different. Now, he was all alone, standing on a ladder with a rope tied around his neck. No, not a rope, a noose.

"What in the fuck is going on here? Let me go! Somebody help me! Seifer, help me? Where are you, Seifer?" he screamed with all his might.

Yet Seifer was not around. Then, through the front door of the hotel came three men. One of them had a gun in his hand, and he shot at the tightened noose. The rope broke causing Squall to fall to the ground in slow motion. He waved his arms to brace his fall, but it was to no avail. The impact was enough to shatter every bone in his arms. He cried out in pain, then looked up to the man with the gun. He seemed to be saying something, but Squall couldn’t hear what it was. Then it became all too clear.

"Where’s you boyfriend, runt? You were foolish to leave his asylum. Now you're going to pay for your stupidity."

The man lifted his gun to Squall’s head. He pulled the trigger, but nothing happened. Squall looked away, searching for an exit. Then he spotted Seifer leaning against a wall, a look of shame and pity in his sad face.

Tears were streaming down Squall’s face as he cried, "Oh god, Seifer! Save me! Please!"

‘Why won’t he help me?’ he thought.

It was then that he noticed a large gash across his lovers neck. Then he saw his eyes. They were blank, and lifeless. He let out a blood cuddling scream.

"Fuck!!! Oh god!!! What did they do to you?!?! Bastards!!!! I’ll fucking kill you all!!!!"

"Too late," the man said calmly, "Your time is up."

The man, still holding the gun to Squall’s head, again pulled the trigger. This time the gun went off....

This time, when Squall screamed, it brought the entire garden into his room. Seifer was the first to arrive. He ran to Squall who was sitting straight up in his bed, sweat dripping from every pore.

"What happened, Squall?" Seifer asked as he put his arms around Squall who was crying hysterically.

"Oh, Seifer! Thank God you're alive!" he was still breathing heavily, "I thought I lost you! Oh fuck! Seifer.... Promise me you’ll never leave me again. PROMISE ME!"

"Everything's fine now. I’m here and I’ll never leave you again. Ever!" He hugged the shivering man, and gently wiped away the tears.

"I love you, Seifer," he said, his lips trembling.

"And I love you, too. They’ll never take you away from me. Never."

Neither of them noticed the other students gathered in the room, nor did they care. Their secret was finally out among the masses.

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE: When I started writing it, I didn’t expect it to get that adrenaline rush. Wow! It even had me holding my breath! WHEW! Stay tuned for the next update!

Return to Archive | next | previous