Stolen

Chapter 17 - Already Dead

By The Wandering Englishman

"Seifer, my sweet."

"My lady." He bowed.

"Meet Squall at the Station and bring him here. We wouldn't want such an important guest getting lost now, would we?" The sorceress smirked, waving her hand at the blonde.

"He's here?"

The velvet clad woman smiled at him.

"He will be by the time you get there. Go. And take your toy; he needs to be fed."

Seifer nodded, kneeling. "

"At once."

"Scared?" The boy asked, enjoying the comforts of the SeeD special carriage with the elder man. Squall merely shook his head, wishing the teen would shut up. It was like he'd never been on a train before. Either that, or he was related to Selphie. The brunette shuddered at the last thought. One Selphie was enough.

"Oh well. It's not like you have anything to be scared about. I mean: dark house, sorceress, Seifer..."

"Seifer's not scary." The quick reply came a little too harshly.

"Right, and Adel's my mum."

"That's an interesting accent you have there...Are you from Esthar?" Squall asked, wanting desperately to take his mind of the daunting task ahead of him.

"Sometimes."

Squall rolled his eyes, leaning back into his couch, the conductor coming over the intercom telling of a delay in our arrival. The brunette just wished he could just get this over with so he could get back to his life.

"Remember, aim for the neck."

The SeeD opened his eyes, not remembering when he'd closed them.

"It might save your life."

"...Whatever."

"Hello lover." The cold mocking whisper called from the doorway. The dark haired man turned from his son's bed.

"Not here, Squall. For Hynes sake."

"Why not? I think here's as good a place as any, don't you Ien?" The scarred man looked down at the child now sitting up in his bed, a blank expression on his face.

"Squall! Stop it!" Laguna cried, tears falling down his cheek as he watched Ien, trying frantically to snap the small boy out of it.

"I'm not doing anything, Laguna. It's his time to live."

"What you want him for is not living." The president spat, picking the child up from the bed and heading for the bathroom. Squall rolled his eyes before he laughed.

"Where do you think you're going?" He knocked on the now locked bathroom door, "You think you can hide from me?"

Pressing a hand against the door, it exploded inwards. Squall's boots crunched on the debris, walking into the room as the dust settled.

"Clever." He said to the now empty room. "You're going to be a sport after all..."

"You're not coming?" The leather-clad youth asked, looking back at the shorter boy on the platform.

"It's not my fight, Leon." Kaien lifted his eyes to look up at the top of the escalators.

"I'm gonna go." He called as he slipped back into the carriage.

Before he could go after the teen, a heavy hand grabbed the collar of his new coat.

"I'm touched, Squall. I didn't know you wanted to be me."

The shorter SeeD broke out into a huge grin, turning quickly and jumping onto the blonde's waist, kissing him like there was no tomorrow.

Five breathless minutes later, Seifer dropped the brunette back down onto his feet, smirking at him.

"Hello to you too."

"I didn't know you were going to be here. I thought you were on assignment."

"I am. Come on. Chickie and I are laying low."

Squall laughed, clutching at his side as a stitch started pinching at his side.

"Something funny, Leonhart?" The smug blonde asked, folding his arms across his chest.

"If this is laying low, I'd hate to take you on covert operations."

Sighing, Seifer started walking back towards the stairs, knowing the brunette would follow.

Dropping the conductor from his mouth, Zell licked his lips free of blood, some of the sky blue colour of his eyes returning. He watched patiently as Squall and Seifer left the station, wanting to tail them at a distance, as not to miss out on what was to come.

He wanted to be there when blood was spilled.

Return to Archive | next | previous