~ Song lyrics from Kate winslit’s What if.~

Missing You

Chapter 6

By Purple Penguin

Squall returned to garden the next day. He headed straight for his office. His usual quick pace was now a slow, casual pace. His usual hunched shoulders were now straight, he held his head high and he whistled as he walked. He knocked on the door then entered. He was surprised to see the room was full of people. Quistis sat behind the desk, Selphie and Rinoa sat on the desk. Irvine stood off to the side and Zell stood in front of the desk.

"What is going on here?"

They all jumped and turned to face him.

"Squall, this lot are trying to run your life for you," Zell said.

Rinoa glared at him. "We are not! Squall, we’re concerned. You always seem to be upset and we want to help," the young sorceress explained.

"I keep telling them, you’re fine now but they won’t listen to me." Zell shrugged.

"Oh, shut up! What do you know?"

"More than you."

Rinoa stuck her tongue out at the short, blonde and Zell returned the gesture.

"Stop it, both of you. There is no need to behave like five year olds."

"Wow! He said more two words," Selphie cooed.

"I’m fine, really. You don’t have to worry." Squall moved around his desk as Quistis got out of his chair.

"But Squall, you’re supposed to confide in your friends."

"I did. Zell knows."

The blonde grinned. Rinoa glared at Zell and pouted at Squall.

"But... But..."

"What?"

"We’re supposed to be a couple, everyone thinks so."

Squall stared at her, then his gaze softened. She deserved to know part of the truth. "Rinoa that’s never going to happen," He paused before adding. "I’m gay."

Everyone in the room minus Zell stared at him.

"What? Since when?"

"Since always."

"As long as you’re happy."

"Thanks, Quisty. I am." He smiled.

"Oh my god! He smiled, Squall I didn’t think you were capable of it."

"Was there anything else you wanted? Or will you all leave now?"

Selphie began to ask another question just as the phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hey, beautiful."

Squall blinked, blushing slightly. "Hi." He ignored Selphie as she mouthed. ‘Who is it?’

"I wondered if you wanted to meet me for lunch?"

"But I just got back."

"So?"

"Who is it?" Selphie shouted.

"Why is Selphie in your office?"

The brunette sighed. "Everyone’s in my office. I told them I was gay."

"Really?"

"Who is it?!"

"No one!"

He cringed as Zell whispered. "His boyfriend." The comments started flying around.

"Oh my god!!"

"He can’t have a boyfriend, we only just found out he was gay!"

"Never knew Squall was a fag."

Squall glared at Irvine for the ‘Fag’ comment. He hated all the attention, all the questions.

"Irvine’s Bi-sexual!" He blurted out. He smiled as the girls turned their probing questions away from him and at Irvine. The cowboy’s horrified expression turned into one of anger as he glared at Zell.

Squall turned his attention back to the phone. "Where shall I meet you?"

"Balamb entrance?"

"Time?"

"13:00hrs."

"Fine, I’ve got to go kick everyone out my office now."

"Squall. Is your boyfriend hot? What does he look like?" Selphie asked, bobbed up and down with excitement.

"Everybody out now!"

They all filed out except Selphie. "Answer the question, Squall."

"Yes, he is hot. Now go away."

She waved as she left.

God, maybe he shouldn’t have said anything.

 

END!!

Notes: Didn’t know how to end it, got writer’s block right at the end.

Return to Archive | previous