Author's Notes: Couldn’t fit Zell in here, I was going to but it went mental.

Mind the baby

Chapter 5

By Purple Penguin

The pair stepped onto the escalator of the busy Winhill shopping mall. Squall was turning 17 soon s he and Squall were out shopping for party things and clothes. The older man had decided that instead of giving his nephew gill for his birthday he would take him out shopping, Seifer was meant to be there too but the blonde said he had to work. Squall knew he was really just hiding. The boy watched the other people go down the other escalator, a cute red head meet his eyes and he winked and smiled causing the shocked boy to blink and look away quickly.

“Must you do that?”

“Do what?”

“Flirt with everything in sight.”

“I don’t flirt with everyone… just the cute ones and I bet you used to do the same when you were my age.”

“I did not.”

Grei paused. “Well okay maybe not you but I bet uncle Seifer did right?”

Squall frowned. “What do you mean by ‘maybe not you’? What’s wrong with me?”

“You’re a bit you know.”

“No I don’t know.”

“Shy, not very flirty, out-going.” He paused. “Mum says I get my charms from my dad.”

Squall groaned. “God, a gay Irvine, what is the world coming to?”

“I bet you check out the guys though right? In the mall, the street… OH! The college library is so the place for cute guys.”

Squall stared at him. “You hang around the library all day to pick up guys?”

“Not all day, I’ve only been there for a couple of months I’m just getting adjusted. But a really cute guy offered to show me around….”

“And?”

Grei shrugged. “Must have been straight.”

Squall smirked. “Because he wasn’t interested in you, you mean?” He laughed. “The amount of times Irvine had said that….” He trailed off to laugh some more. “It’s genetic, I have to tell Seifer.”

The younger man leant on the barrier over looking the three floors below. He watched the people walking to and fro places, his keen eyes picking out the cute ones. “How long have you been with uncle Seifer?”

“I- hang on- you’re 17-ish so-um…. 20 - 23 years about that.”

“Don’t you ever get bored?”

“Bored?”

“Yeah… I mean how many people have you slept with?”

Squall stared at him. “I don’t think we should be talking about this, you’re 16.”

“17.”

“Not yet.”

“Three days.”

“……”

“So?”

“Seifer.”

“And?”

“That’s it.”

“That’s it? You’ve only slept with one person!?”

Passers by gave them strange looks.

“Do you want to say that a bit louder? I’m sure some people in Trabia didn’t quite hear you.”

“Sorry I just can’t believe why you’d want to restrict yourself like that.”

“Okay now you definitely sound like Irvine, stop it, it’s freaky.”

“Did you want to stop for lunch?”

“Nah, I’ve suddenly lost my appetite.”

The little pub was packed, tables had been set up outside and even they were full.

“How many people do you invite?” Seifer asked his nephew who leant on the bar beside him.

“A few people from college.”

“But I thought you didn’t know anyone yet.”

“I just handed some invitations around.”

“To anyone?”

“Well like you said I don’t know anyone yet.”

His uncles on both sides of him shook their heads. “Shouldn’t you go make friends then instead of standing here with us?”

The brunette shrugged. “Plenty of time for that.”

Most tables were full of people but at one table a single red headed boy sat there his eyes intently focused on the birthday boy. He was interested, friends said obsessed over the same brunette since he started college, much too shy to said anything or approach him instead the mad stalker technique worked so far. He often saw the object of his affections in the library so he would hide his face behind a book and move closer to get a better look. The mall a few days ago was a coincidence, he had seen the boy in the street and followed him into the mall then looked down on him from above, going down on the escalator as Grei went up past him. It was scared him to death when the boy had noticed him let alone winked at him, people didn’t often notice him so it was a shock. He looked over at the boy in between two older men at the bar, one of them looked very much look Grei, father maybe. He had longer hair, no smile and he didn’t make eye contact with everyone like Grei did. The blonde’s eyes settled on him, he quickly stared at the table.

Seifer nudged his nephew. “I think you have an admirer.”

“What? Where?”

Seifer pointed at the red head. “There.”

“T-that’s the guy from the mall, I saw him when I went out with uncle Squall.” He looked at his other uncle. “You remember don’t you? On the escalator that’s the guy I winked at.”

“You wink at everyone.”

Seifer chuckled.

“I’m telling you, that’s the guy I saw.”

“Well he’s been looking over here for ages now so why don’t you go talk to him?”

The brunette put his soda on the counter. “Yeah I’ll do that.”

The red head stared in horror as Grei headed in his direction, shifting his body so he was facing away from the approaching brunette.

The empty chair at his table moved and Grei dropped into it.

“Hey.”

The red head looked at him like a deer in headlights. “H-H-Hi.”

The brunette raised an eyebrow. “I’m Grei.”

“I know- I mean I-I-I’ve seen you around college n-not that I’m s-stalking you or anything.”

“O-kay and you are?” The brunette looked amused.

“Me? Oh yeah right, I’m M-Michael.”

Grei nodded watching the other boy fidget nervously, tapping on the table constantly, eventually it got to him and he placed a hand over the other boy’s to stop the sound. The boy flinched.

Seifer leaned into Squall. “He’s doing it again.”

“I know they’re holding hands and he’s only just gone over there.”

“Do you think he likes him?”

“Nah he’s just flirting, he does that with everyone. He shouldn‘t be so keen.”

Seifer smirked. “Cos you didn’t wait for me to come out to lunch at school after we’d meet for 5 seconds in the hallway.”

Squall pouted. “That was different.”

Seifer gripped his lover’s arm. “Look he’s leaning in.”

“To kiss him?” Both men watched intently.

Grei frowned as the boy looking more spooked now after he had leaned into whisper to him, to calm him down. All he say was that he didn’t need to be nervous and he thought he was cute, now what was wrong with that?

“You’re friends are watching us.”

Grei looked back at the bar. “Oh them, they’re my uncles, mum’s brother and his lover.”

“L-Lover?”

“Yeah.” He moved round in his chair to point of the two men. “The blonde is my uncle Seifer but he’s not really related to me.”

The blonde in question pushed off the bar and walked towards them. “Talking about us?”

“I was just telling Michael that you and Squall have been together for a long time because you’re both really old.”

Seifer frowned and slapped the boy on the back of the head.

“Ow! I was kidding!”

The red head chuckled slightly.

“Well while you’re telling him things don’t forget about the blue rabbit that you still take to bed with you.”

The brunette glared at him. “Thank you Seifer, bye bye now.” He pushed the blonde away. “Ignore him he forgot to take his medication.”

The red head smiled for the first time causing Grei to grin. “Sooo…. What are you doing tomorrow?” He asked.

The red head looked surprised. “Me? Nothing, why?”

“Do you want to go see a movie with me?”

“Movie?”

“Yeah you know dark room, moving pictures with popcorn.”

Michael smiled. “Sure.”

“Great.” He stood up. “Come on I have more old people to introduce you to.”

 

END!

Return to Archive | previous