Disclaimer: All places, characters are not mine, nothing here is mine, everything belongs to Squaresoft.

Notes: I’ve mentioned football and I mean football as in soccer not American football. (Not real important, I’m always getting caught out but these English/American words)

Meant To Be

Chapter 8

By Purple Penguin

After Seifer left Ellone just sat there, unable to move really. She couldn’t believe she had just been dumped, what had gone wrong? She thought things were great between them, was it something she’d done?

He said it wouldn’t have worked out, what was that supposed to mean? Why wouldn’t it have worked out? She was happy with Seifer, she hadn’t noticed a change in their relationship other than Seifer was colder towards the end but she thought that was normal. The touchy feely stuff wears off after a while, doesn’t it?

“Ellone?”

She looked up at the sound of another voice, a male voice. A tall guy with shoulder length wavy brown hair and green eyes stood over her looking concerned. It took a while for her to remember who he was, she knew him from when she used to go to college. Brent, he was in her class and they got on well.

“Brent? What are you doing here?”

He gestured to the football he held under his arm. “Meeting the guys for a game a football.”

“Are you okay?” He asked.

“Yeah,” She looked up at him for the first time. “You better get going if you want to meet your friends.”

He studies her for a moment; he noticed the sadness in her face and the hunched way she sat. He perched on the edge of the bench beside her.

“Why don’t you tell me what’s wrong first?”

She shrugged.

He bent his head down to look in her face. “I can help, honest.”

“My boyfriend and I broke up.”

“I’m sorry.” He moved closer and put an arm around her shoulders. “What did he say? Was he cheating on you?”

“Of course not, Seifer wouldn’t do that. He said things wouldn’t work out, I guess he just got bored of me.”

“Is he that guy that I saw you with before? The blonde?”

“Yeah.”

Brent sat up straighter. “Oh. I always thought he was... you know.... gay. He does always hang around with that kid.”

“Seifer’s Bi, and he didn’t cheat on me so stop accusing him of things.”

“Stop defending him, he’s an ex! You’re supposed to slag him off.”

She just sighed.

“Can I beat him up for you?”

She glared at him in warning.

He held up his hands in a peace sign. “I’m just trying to cheer you up, did it work?”

She smiled slightly for his sake.

“Don’t worry about it. He’s an idiot to dump you.”

The next morning.

Squall left the house for school, his heart full of dread and fear. Ellone had been dumped last night, he was the one she want to, he was the one that comforted her. He felt guilty and blamed himself as he held his sister. She didn’t cry but he knew she did like Seifer a lot, he knew because he mirrored her feelings.

He looked up as the blonde’s car pulled up down the road and Seifer pushed open the passenger side door for Squall to get in. The brunette pushed his thoughts away and hurried to the car.

“Hey.” Seifer grinned.

“Hi.” The brunette whispered, looking down at his hands. He didn’t want to look up at his boyfriend.

“Something wrong?”

Silence.

Seifer gently lifted Squall’s chin, forcing him to look him in the eye. The blonde saw the brunette’s sad eyes bordering on tears. His voice softened.

“Hey, what is it?”

“You broke up with Ellone, so does this mean you’re going to dump me too?”

“What? No, of course not.” He put an arm around his boyfriend and moved closer. “I did this so you and I could be together, forever.” He stroked a hand through Squall’s hair and kissed his forehead. “I love you.”

The brunette smiled. “I love you too.”

~

Brent watched Ellone’s ex in his car kissing another guy. His eyes narrowed, all along the guy was a fag, poor Ellone. He dumped her for a new little fuck toy. He’d got a good look at the other guy; he’d have to tell her about this. Maybe he should tell the guys, he was sure they’d be interested to know a couple of fags had hurt his friend.

~

“I saw them!”

“Who? What?”

The brunette girl sat on her bed talking to Brent. He’s been spying on Seifer even though she’d told him to keep out of it.

“Your ex, he’s a fag.”

Ellone frowned. “Don’t say that word! He’s Bi, I told you. I don’t like that word, my brother’s gay.”

“Oh sorry. Anyway I saw him kissing another guy in his car.”

“Are you sure?”

“Of course I’m sure! I was right the guy was cheating on you, can I beat him up now?”

Seifer? Cheating? He was the type to cheat. He hit someone to school when they cheated on a friend. Her eyes narrowed. This other guy must have led him astray.

“Ellone? Hello?”

“Did you get a good look at the other guy?”

“Yeah, he wore a lot of leather, and he had brown hair.”

“Is that it? There must be loads of guys like that.”

“His jacket had fur on it, does that help? Leather with a fur collar.”

Silence.

“Hello? Ellone?”

The phone fell from her grip and hit the floor with a crack. “Squall?”

Return to Archive | next | previous