Sorry about the long wait but I’ve just got back from holiday in Florida. And in the future this story will update slowly cause I’m close to finishing my other two stories and I want to get them out of the way.

Starts from Kurt’s pov, later switches to Squall.

Meant To Be

Chapter 5

By Purple Penguin

Squall sat on the bank holding tightly onto his rod. The four of us were out fishing; Squall had never been fishing before, which was surprising to us. How could he not? I’ve been going with my dad every year since I was little. Seifer said he would teach the brunette. I know how Squall feels about the blonde, I worry about him. Seifer’s dating his sister; if they did have something together, what would happen to Squall’s relationship with his sister? I can see that Squall loves Seifer. It’s in his eyes, I feel sorry for him. It’s a lot to risk if he had to choose between his sister and his boyfriend. I just don’t want to see either of them get hurt.

The brunette suddenly sprung up from the bank waved the rod franticly. “I’ve got a bite! What do I do?”

“Reel it in!”

“But I don’t know how.”

Seifer abandoned his own equipment to help his “friend” reel in his fish.

Squall held the rod out to Seifer. “Do you want to do it?”

The blonde gave him a disapproving look. “You have to learn to do it yourself; this is your lesson.”

“But-” He tensed when Seifer came up behind him and wrapped his arms around Squall’s waist.

“Now, we’ll put your hands here.” The blonde moved the brunette’s hands to the right places and covered them with his own. Together they reeled in their fish, it wasn’t very big but Squall was happy, he danced around waving his fish.

Zell shook his head but I knew what he was like when he got excited, Zell could not mock anyone for overreacting, he was the worst show-off and he had his own victory dance.

My eyes moved back to the couple, Seifer laughed and cowered in the corner when Squall started to whack him with his fish for teasing him. I could see that Seifer loved Squall too no matter how much he denied it. I should know I had experience.

~

I’d given up on fishing; I wasn’t any good at it anyway. Instead I lay on the grass gazing into the river. A fish lay still on the bottom hiding from the fishermen. I had removed my shirt a while back, the sun felt good on my back and I really needed a tan I was way too pale for a guy. Seifer had golden skin; he was so much better looking than me. In my old school some guys teased me before I came out, they said I was weak and girly. They were right. Zell and Kurt are gay but they don’t look it, especially Zell his body’s packed with tight muscles.

I shifted my elbows; the ground was starting to hurt. I glanced over at the tall blonde who lay with his eyes shut, lightly dozing in the grass. Bet, he’d make a good pillow. The thought of resting my head on him made me smile until I remembered he wasn’t mine and I remembered Ellone. I was jealous of my own sister, she always said we had the same taste in men, I guess she was right. I was just my luck that I meet the guy that I’m supposed to be with and she takes him first. He looks like he’s asleep as I watch him; he’s so hot. Before I would never dare try anything on him, I didn’t want to lose him as a friend but it’s pure torture to be around him as a friend, I want more.

I frowned when I felt a few drops of water land on my skin, followed by a few harder ones. The sky had clouded over; the sun still shone through but the heavy, angry looking clouds started to spill rain down onto us.

“Oh shit!”

The tall blonde leapt up as the rain became heavy, straight down drops. Zell and Kurt hurried to pack up their stuff. I grabbed my shirt.

“Wait for us.” Zell called.

“No way.” Seifer smirked, grabbed my arm and we both ran for his car.

The ground was already soggy, my feet slipped and I lost my balance several times. Finally I made it to the car and I slammed the passenger door shut behind me. Seifer laughed hysterically. I think the rain drove him mad.

“God, I’m soaked.” I ran my hands over my slick cheeks, chest and stomach. Seifer’s eyes followed my hands travel over the planes of my chest. It unnerved me a little on the other hand I did want Seifer and when he looked at me like that it made me think that maybe he wanted me too. I looked up to meet his eyes but he bit his lip and looked away. He looked as guilt as I felt and we were alone.

I jumped when the back doors opened and Zell and Kurt jumped in. “Don’t help us pack our stuff then.” The little blonde glared at Seifer. “I know you tried to ditch us so you guys could fuck.”

Seifer flinched and I looked down in shame, trying to hide the blush.

“Zell!” The redhead glared in warning.

The tall blonde lapsed into silence he merely started the engine and drove away. Seifer dropped the other two off at their houses.

“Listen thanks... for teaching me to fish... and ... for everything.” I turned to face him and he looked at me out of the corner of his eye.

“No problem. Do you want me to drop you off at the entrance to your village?”

I sighed and nodded. I hated when he did that, it felt like we were doing something wrong, but we weren’t. On the drive home I lost count at the number of couples we saw just another reminder of what I couldn’t have. I sighed for like the tenth time in half an hour.

I looked up shocked when Seifer pulled over suddenly. Were we there already? I looked out at the grass bank we were parked on.

“Would you stop that? Seifer had turned to look at me at last, he looked serious.

“Stop what?”

“Being so damned.... sad.”

I frowned. “I’m not sad.”

“But...” He shifted himself so he was sitting straighter, higher and consciously closer to me. “You make me feel so guilty.”

“What? Why?! We’re friends!”

“No we’re not!”

My eyes went wide. He doesn’t want to be my friend anymore? He doesn’t want me?

In that second I realized how much he meant to me. I couldn’t bare it if we went back to being strangers, if he was just the guy who dated my sister. I loved him and I had just admitted it but I was willing to admit it to him right now if it meant he’d stay with me.

I smiled at him but he held up a hand as if he knew what I was going to say.

“Squall, don’t.”

“Don’t you want to be with me?” My eyes glazed over with unshed tears but I wouldn’t let them fall.

I watched as the blonde’s eyes softened and he looked concerned. He had seen the tears, he knew I was weak.

“Please don’t cry....” It sounded like a plead. “I can’t stand to see you hurt.”

“Why?”

“Because it hurts me too.”

As the first of my tears fell he took me into his arms and held me. I liked being held by Seifer, he was bigger, stronger than me and he made me feel safe. I pulled back to look him in the eyes, he looked upset. We were so close it would have been easy for me to lean in and kiss him, I wanted to.

“What am I going to do?” He muttered mainly to himself.

Seifer put a hand up to stroke my cheek and I closed my eyes against his touch. I opened my eyes when I heard him sigh. I was surprised to see that he was nearer to me, I hadn’t heard him move closer. Seifer stared at me but he didn’t make the move that I wanted him to make. Was he just teasing me or something?

I lost all patience and gently pressed my lips to his, Seifer didn’t hesitate to kiss me back none too gently. I wrapped my arms around his neck and whimpered when Seifer slipped a hand under my shirt to stroke my skin. The kiss ended as suddenly as it had began, our arms still held each other close.

“I better take you home.” Was all Seifer said before he started to engine again.

I started to think he thought it was a mistake until we arrived outside Winhill and he kissed me very gently.

“What do you want to do?” When I break up with Ellone I don’t think she’s going to like us being together.

I stared at him seriously. “Nobody has to know.”

Seifer nodded. Kissing me again.

“Bye.”

“See ya later.”

I walked home, happy.

Return to Archive | next | previous