Love Bug

Chapter 22

By Purple Penguin

I ran my lathered hands down the muscled back of my lover.

“Do you mark the Seed exam?”

“Well not alone, someone people might think it’s not fair, that I might give better marks to his cadet lover and two cadet friends.”

He laughed. “Two friends? Aww I’ll tell Seifer you said that.”

“Okay make that a friend of a friend then. Did you check on Nida? He okay?”

“Yeah I saw him on the Rag and Selphie said she saw Irvine playing nurse.”

I smirked. “Yeah I bet that cowboy likes to play doctor.” I paused. “I’m sure you’ll all pass easily.”

“Even Seifer?”

“Yes even him but don’t tell him I said that.”

He pulled me in close by the pendent that still hung around my neck. My slow grin disappeared from as my lips met his. “So when I’m a Seed do I get a dorm as nice as yours? With my own shower?”

“What do you need one of those for? You’re always in mine.” I grinned. “Okay yes you will get a good dorm but not one as nice as mine.”

“Ah well I’ll just have to come round here more often then.” I pulled me back in for another kiss.

I wake up slowly. The first thing I realized was that I felt better, not dizzy, sick just normal. The second thing I noticed was that the bed wasn’t as warm as it would be when there were two people in it. Where was Seifer? I opened my eyes staring out at the empty bed. Maybe he had gone back to his own room, I felt a little disappointed I liked waking up with Seifer. Where didn’t he stay? I sat up and wrapped the duvet around myself before standing up. Usually I’d stay in bed for a while on a Sunday but I really wanted to get up and find Seifer. Just later night I was boiling hot and now I was a bit cold but I took my coldness as a good thing. I should have gone into the bathroom but for some reason I wandered out into the living room. I soon saw why, a certain tall blonde lay on the sofa under a blanket he wasn’t asleep he scratched the top of his head and stretched his arms out to the sides.

What was he doing out here? Why not just sleep beside me. I silently crept up and tickled the top of his head. I bit my lip when he scratched it again. I did it again and this time he turned round and saw me standing there behind him. With one hand clutching the duvet I gave him a little wave. “Hi.”

He struggled to sit up, arching his back making his bones creak from lying on the uncomfortable sofa. “Morning, how are you feeling?”

“Good thanks. What are you doing out here? I thought you’d left when I woke up alone.”

“I stayed in case you needed anything and I could out here because- well- you’re sick and-”

“I’m not contagious..... at least I don’t think I am.”

“No it’s not that, I meant some people get grumpy when they’re sick and you said you were too hot, I didn’t want to make you feel uncomfortable.”

“I don’t get grumpy.”

“I do.”

I smiled. “Yeah well that I can believe.”

“Hey!” He frowned.

I moved to the side of the sofa and poked him in the side. “Move up a little.” I squished myself into the side of the sofa, lying more than half on top of Seifer to save room. And that was the only reason, honest.

“What are you doing? Not that I’m complaining.”

“Going back to sleep for another hour.”

“Why?”

“Too early.”

“No I mean why not go to sleep in your own bed, it’s more comfortable.”

“You aren’t there.”

He kissed the top of my head, settling for that answer. “Zell?”

“Hmmm.” I didn’t open my eyes or look up.

“The exam.... if I fail- again-”

“You’re not going to fail Seifer.”

“But if I do..... will you still want to be with me?”

I sat up leaning on his chest, looking at him. “You. Are. Not. Going. To. Fail.”

He looked at me with that same strange look in his eyes and he brought a hand up to my cheek. “You know I love you right? And if I fail... I don’t want to lose you.”

“L-Love?”

“I thought I was being obvious.”

“W-Well I never was very good that this type of thing. How long?”

“Always.” He smiled and I did too.

I think I just figured out what that strange look in his eyes was. Love.

I leaned my forehead against his. “I’m not going anywhere.”

At the beginning okay so maybe I was a little wrapped up in Squall but I wanted someone to love me.... and now I know Seifer did.

“You don’t have to say it back; I didn’t expect you to.”

“You know care about you though, right?”

He nodded. “That’s good enough for me.”

We all sat in the classroom awaiting the results and everyone looked up expectantly when Squall walked in. He told us that 9 cadets had past the exam. Nida sat to my right and I put an arm around him. I saw Seifer look so pale I thought he would collapse; he and Zell looked pretty cuddly though.

Squalled started to read them out in alphabetical order. As soon as the first name was out of Squall’s lips Seifer slumped. He should be first alphabetically; others either cried or cheered.

“Kinneas Irvine.”

“Really?”

Squall gave me a look.

I grinned. “Who’s the best?!”

My lover smiled at me but stayed silent to hear the rest of the names.

“Lark.....” The brunette squinted at the paper. “Something unpronounceable.”

“How professional Squall.”

“Shh.” He hissed.

Lark waved it off. “It’s okay, Lark is my last name but no one can say my first name.”

“Finally....”

Everyone held their breath.

“Almasy Seifer.” He smirked at the shocked blonde.

“Wait. How was that alphabetical?”

He shrugged. “I thought it was more fun this way.”

“Fun? I almost had a fucking heart attack Leonhart!”

Lots of people sagged in disappointment and despair. Zell hugged Seifer kissed him on the forehead. Lark shook Squall’s hand in a professional way until a lot of the cadets had left and then picked him up.

Zell jumped up onto one of the desks. “You know what this means!”

“What?”

“Celebration hotdogs!”

We all moaned and turned to leave, I wrapped an arm around Nida.

“What are you looking at me like that for?” He asked.

“Zell has his hotdogs and I say celebratory sex!”

“Trust you to say that.”

“It’s been 49 hours, 12 minutes and 34 seconds since we last had sex.”

He stared at me like I had two heads. “You counted?”

“Of course don’t you?” Silly boy I’m sure everybody does that.

My lover was giving me that look again but it didn’t matter.

A horny cowboy was an impatience cowboy.

Return to Archive | previous