Hemoglobin

Epilogue

By Scarlet Fever

I woke up lazily. It was one of those days where I didn’t really want to get out of bed. Without opening my eyes, I reached for Seifer, sighing happily as my hands found his body. I heard him moan, and felt him roll over.

"Awake?"

I slowly opened my eyes as I felt his lips press against my forehead. I nodded. He still had the power to turn me on, even after seventy years. I felt a stirring at my groin as I pulled my body against his. I felt movement on the other side of Seifer’s long body.

"God, I’m thirsty," Zell muttered, rubbing his head. His hair was sticking out at various angles. He looked over at us, smiling. It had been one of the nights where Zell had joined us in bed. Since his transformation seventy years ago, he had become part of our sex life on more than one occasion. I couldn’t say that I minded. After all, it was fun to mix it up. I knew that Seifer loved me, and only me, so I wasn’t really jealous.

Zell leaned over, kissing Seifer’ s cheek, then mine. "Good evening, gentlemen…." He murmured, doing his Alfred Hitchcock impression.

I smiled wryly at him. His physical beauty had also improved after his change. He wasn’t actually ‘beautiful’ per say, but more wretchedly adorable, like the cutest kitten or something fluffy. He seemed to create a warm feeling wherever he went. After the Sephiroth thing, he had come into his own in this life, and nothing seemed to suit him better.

"I’m going to get some….. Food." Zell rolled his eyes, clambering out of the bed. He winked at both of us before leaving.

I sighed, resting my chin on his chest. "Do you think it’s healthy that he sleeps with us more than he sleeps with Selphie?"

Seifer smirked. "He doesn’t sleep with her anymore. That’s Tifa’s territory. So, it’s normal that he sleeps with us more than her."

"I still think he’s in love with you."

"I think he’s in love with both of us. It’s been seventy years. I think he’s moved out of schoolgirl phase."

"Ah, the Rinoa syndrome…" I smirked. I always found it amusing when either of us mentioned our collective ex girlfriend.

"We should get up…."

I groaned, but knew he was right. We had to leave for Balamb before the sun came up. There was some sort of minor thing going on at the Garden. Balamb Garden had become my responsibility. Trabia had been given to Zell, while Tifa took care of Galbadia. Seifer took care of more than that, so it was okay with us if all he did was sign the checks, under an assumed name, of course.

Since Sephiroth’s demise, Seifer had seen it fit for us to just ignore what he had tried to do, and act a bit more civilized. That theory would always go out the window when the gang of us would hunt down some hapless cattle, i.e.: humans. But, when we didn’t give in to that sort of thing, we just went about our business, leaving the humanistic society alone, and they basically left us alone. I didn’t know if they saw us through eyes of hatred, but frankly, I didn’t care.

I brushed away my thoughts, looking into Seifer’s moving eyes. I beamed at him. "Do we have to get up?"

"We have a few minutes, I suppose," he mused, raking his fangs across my neck lightly, tickling me.

I sighed, melting against his body. "I’m glad you can still turn me on just by looking at me…"

"What can I say?" Seifer shrugged. "It’s a gift."

"You also have an ego problem."

"It never seemed to bother you before," he quipped, pulling my body on top of his.

I shrugged, kissing him.

"I love you, La Mer."

I smirked. "I know." I nuzzled against his neck, biting down, his sweet blood filling my open mouth.

The End.

Return to Archive | previous