Archiver's Note: Do not take this story and post it on your own page without permission from the author.

Authors Note: This chapter is in no way ment to be anti-gay, it's just there to help imphasize the point.

Crush

Chapter Three - Secrets Revealed

By Fantasy Lover

Gold and diamonds cast a spell, it’s not for me, I know it well
The riches that I seek are waiting on the other side
There’s more than I can measure in the treasures of the love that I can find
And though it’s always been with me, I must tear down the wall and let it be
All I am, and all that I was ever meant to be, in harmony,
Shinning true, and smiling back in all who wait to cross
There is no loss......

-The Wall (Kansas)

 

Squall lay on his bed, thinking about the day’s events. They were fresh in his mind, and he had a permanent reminder engraved on his forehead. He regretted his harsh words to Seifer, and wished he could take them back. The lone soldier would give anything to let his love know his true feelings

‘That’s it! I don’t care anymore about what he thinks. I can’t keep it to myself anymore or I’ll go crazy.’

He jumped off his bed in a sudden rush of adrenaline. Grabbing the shirt next to him on the bed, he hurried out of his room. As he reached out for the handle of his door, he heard a loud knock coming from the other side.

Squall’s eyes widened when he opened the door, "Seifer! What are you doing here?"

"Squall, can I talk to you?"

"Sure. Come on in."

Seifer looked around the darkly lit room, in awe that he was actually allowed in his room.

"So, what did you want to talk about Seifer?"

"Well, I wanted to say I’m sorry for giving you that scar earlier," he said running his finger gently across the smaller man’s forehead.

Squall felt his stomach tighten. He was finally close to the man he adored most, however he couldn’t come right out and tell him. Or could he...?

"That’s not all I had to say....Squall....um...." he hesitated for a moment, "Squall, I love you."

Had he heard his adversary right? The irony of these few words made Squall shutter. He had to sit for a moment to take in what he just observed. How long had Seifer felt this way? Why was he telling him now? Was he doing this to mock his younger opponent? He wasn’t sure, but there was something in Seifer’s voice that told him otherwise.

"I never would have guessed. You seemed so....so..."

"Straight?"

"Yeah. How long have you felt this way?"

"That really doesn’t matter, does it? All that matters is that you know how I feel. I understand if you don’t share my feelings..."

Seifer began to leave, but was quickly halted by a faint sound.

"Wait Seifer.... Aren’t you at least going to find out how I feel?" He paused for a moment while Seifer returned his gaze to his irresistible colleague, "I can’t tell you what a relief it is to find out you love me. I’ve felt the same way for an eternity, but I thought you hated me. I wish you would have told me sooner."

"If I had known you felt this way, things would have been completely different. I would have treated you like a god."

"There’s still time," Squall said, grabbing his treasure by the hand.

"I hope you don’t mind if I give you this."

"Give me...." but he was cut off mid-sentence as he felt a warm, soft tongue invade his mouth.

Return to Archive | next | previous