Author's Notes: Slight AU, set before the seed exam but Selphie and Irvine are there and Quistis is still an instructor.

Chained to you

Chapter One

By Purple Penguin

I eyed all the other perfectly set up tents in annoyance. I hate these stupid field trips we have to go on, can’t wait for when I get to be a Seed so I don’t have to go, though knowing my luck I’ll have to lead the cadets on them instead. My tent wasn’t working properly and no it’s not my fault, that stupid discriminatory committee has it in for me. It’s Seifer that ass has always hated me bet he’s jealous because I have lots of friends and all he can find are those two freaks. Selphie crept out of the trees looked rumpled and guilty, she slipped back into her tent. Four seconds later a certain cowboy also emerged from the trees, looking around guiltily he saw he watching and winked at me with a wicked grin. I shook my head, those two had been playing together since the orphanage but recently their playing have gone beyond mere games. It was like the whole group was sexually charged and I was getting left out. Even Squall was feeling the heat through he denied it enjoying the subtle flirting with-men. Can you imagine? Squall with men? I’m sure he has someone as I’ve seen him sometimes sneaking around, once he was shirtless and banging on someone’s door to get them to let him in, I didn’t know who’s door it was and I had tried to find out.

I jumped when my tent took to the sky and I glanced up at the man who had kicked it, leaving my stuff exposed. He knelt beside on sleeping bag and the things I had brought with me.

"Seifer!"

"Chickie, what we got here then?" He started digging in my bag.

I pulled the old brown holdall towards me quickly. "Fuck you Seifer!"

"Bet you’d like that chickie!" He smirked and made a lazy grab for me.

I made a rather unmanly noise that made him smirk wider, licking his lips at me. He’s such a fucking pervert.

"Well now that we’re alone together chickie."

I batted the hands away and turned to crawl away on all fours but he grabbed my ankle and I fell to the ground. I muttered a curse. The hand started to climb up my leg past my knee then his weight bore down on top of me pinning me to the ground. We weren’t really alone, thank god because he had kicked my tent away leaving us exposed to the open air on the ground next to my sleeping bag.

"Get off you perv!"

"But chickie." He grinned at me, face really close to mine, lips brushing my ear to whisper to me and I could feel his hot breath on my skin.

"Do I get you hot chickie?"

"NO!"

I heard someone sigh and a shadow fell over us.

I felt Seifer raise his head and I looked up too. Instructor Trepe stood over us, we grew up with little Quisty but being miss bossy she stormed ahead of us and not only made Seed first but an instructor too. She’s only got 3 months on Seifer and 15 on me but still she thinks she’s the responsible adult and we’re the kids. When matron visits she talks to her like they are both the adults and we’re still toddlers.

The tall blonde folded her arms and stared down on us. "Honestly you two why don’t you leave each other alone?"

"I try-" I started to say but Seifer beat me to it.

"Instructor, Zell’s in love with me and I can’t escape his affections."

I stared at him the best I could from the position we were in. "WHAT?!"

He shook his head. "I thought it was time people knew the truth chickie!"

The instructor sighed. "Zell you must control these urges."

I stared at her in horror as Seifer muffled his laughter in my shirt. "But instructor- I’m the victim Seifer keeps raping me!"

She looked doubtfully at me, why believe Seifer over me? "Well Seifer since you ruined Zell’s tent, he has to share yours."

I stared at her in horror. "No! That’s okay really instructor, I like sleeping under the stars!"

"Nonsense Zell you’ll catch a cold."

"I won’t."

Seifer wrapped an arm around me. "Oh we’ll have great fun won’t we chickie?"

"Seifer help Zell with his things." He mock saluted her and grabbed my bag by the bottom end, all my stuff fell out leaving a trail of my things after him to his tent. He looked over his shoulder. "Oops."

I rolled my eyes and started to pick up my things as I crawled after him to his tent., I reached the tent and moved to a kneeling position, squeaking when I realized how close I was to Seifer’s crotch, surprising he didn’t tease me about it either he was up to something or he just didn’t notice. The green tent was a little bigger then mine and to my annoyance Seifer seemed to have better tent putting up abilities than me. I stuffed my things back into my holdall and put it next to another bag probably Seifer’s and a gunblade case. I went back outside for my sleeping bag, moving quickly before Seifer touched my stuff again.

This was going to be a long night I could see it now and I really needed some sleep tonight as well as I knew slave-driver Xu would get us up at the crack of dawn to march us all day and put us to bed late. She thought just because she was a complete psycho so was everyone else. I’m sure she didn’t have it this tough or she would have never made it to Seed let alone instructor.

I ducked into the duck tent even more surprised that Seifer had moved his sleeping bag over to leave a space for me I thought I’d have to squeeze into the tiny space and gave Seifer a shove out the way. The two over lapped slightly but that didn’t matter, I just wanted to sleep so I slipped into my bag fully clothed.

"Goodnight Seifer."

Of course that wasn’t acceptable to the blonde who lay on his side and stared at me. I tried hard to ignore him and sleep but I could feel his eyes on me and it was annoying. I turned and glared at him and he gave me an innocent look.

"Yes?"

"Stop staring at me!"

"Are you really going to sleep in all your clothes?" He smirked. "What’s the matter? Worried I’ll ravish that little chicken ass of yours?"

I frowned. "Just stop staring!" Surprisingly he did move away but I looked back to check on him and my eyes widened. "What are you doing?!"

Again there was that fake innocent look, he had so far striped to his boxers and his fingers were hooked in the waistband as if they were coming off too.

"I’m getting ready for bed."

"Naked?"

"I always sleep naked chickie." Hr grinned wickedly. "You don’t mind do you?"

I quickly shook my head and hurriedly turned away when the boxers started to be removed down his muscular legs. I mentally hit myself, drooling over Seifer was not a healthy thing to do, not now and not ever. This was the enemy, my person enemy, the perfect model of what not to be like, the bully, the asshole, the rather sexy asshole though. I hit myself again though this time I don’t think I did it mentally and I turned to see Seifer now in his sleeping bag looking at me strangely.

"Chickie sometimes I worry about you."

I ignored him and hoped that was all he was going to say but of course it wasn’t he had to open his mouth again and I heard movement behind me. Before I could move away he had shuffled his sleeping bag up to mine and pressed us together, I could feel his body heat through the bags and burning my skin. I froze and he chuckled in my ear.

"Chickie what’s the matter? You’re so tense." A hand touched my still clothed shoulder. "You know if you removed some more clothes I could help you loosen up."

I made a strange distressed noise and he rubbed against me teasingly.

"Get away from me Seifer!"

"But chickie-"

"No buts!" I turned my head round, jumping slightly when our noses bumped together because we were so close together. He looked as shocked as I was and for a second the hard, menacing Seifer look vanished and he looked strange but in a second it was gone and I thought maybe I imagined it, but he pulled back quickly looking a bit annoyed and didn’t know what I’d done. He shuffled back to his space in the tent and turned to face the tent wall, his back to me. I was confused by the sudden change and part of me wanted to move over to him and ask him if he was okay but most of me thought this was Seifer and I should try to get some sleep while I could.

I awoke slowly at first, remembering bits of last night. The move to Seifer’s tent, the constant teasing from the blonde and then the sudden change when he moved away from me coldly. Why do I care? I had waited for years for Seifer to leave me alone. The next thing I was aware of was that my left arm wouldn’t move, I tugged on it a bit, it was above my head and getting cold I wanted to pull it under the covers and it wouldn’t move. I heard Seifer groan as he started to wake, he shifted and something tugged on my arm so I tugged it back.

"What the hell?!" I heard Seifer say.

I opened my eyes to see him sitting, as best as he could.

"What is it?" I asked.

He tugged his arm up and mine moved too, that’s when I saw the cuffs for the first time. They linked through one of the tent poles so we couldn’t even leave the tent.

"What the-"

A head appeared at the entrance to the tent. "Morning guys!" Irvine cheered.

"Irvine, what the hell have you-?"

He grinned. "I thought as you two looked so cute together I’d-"

"Cute?" Seifer asked.

"Well yeah, don’t worry Selphie has the keys and I’m sure she’ll let you guys out just as soon as she’s had a good look at you too."

"Why?"

The cowboy leaned over me. "You know Selphie was put in charge of the junior class men while we’re out here so it’s your fault that they woke up twice because the two of you were playing around and I didn’t get laid."

"Oh, sorry." I said.

"Sorry? When the hell do we get out of here?!" Seifer yelled.

Selphie appeared. "Do you sleep naked?"

I watched Seifer pale. "No."

She shook her head. "You’re a baaaad liar." She looked at Irvine. "Shall we see what Seifer looks like naked?"

"NO!" We both said at once. "I can’t run away and hide when I’m chained like this, Selphie please just let us out I’ll do anything."

"Anything, huh?"

"I’ll give you back your Shiva card."

Her ears pricked up. "And your Siren card?"

I hesitated. "Okay."

She jumped up and down for joy as far as the tent would allow her. "Great, I’ll just go get those keys!"

~10 minutes later~

Selphie appeared looking sheepish.

"So, where are the keys?"

"Um- well funny story."

"You lost them?"

"No! No, of course not, no, never- or well- maybe."

Seifer fell back onto his sleeping bag in defeat.

"Selphie!"

"But I swear they’re in my tent somewhere, I’ll find them if it means destroying my tent."

"You better!" Seifer hissed.

She left again and I also fell back with a groan. Note to self: Never trust Selphie with something as important as keys.

Return to Archive | next