Undisputed

By Hecate's Brat

The phone rang, cutting the silence of the night.

A hand slid from under the covers and groped blindly towards it.

Again, the phone rang. It's voice high and shrill in the quiet night.

"Okay, I'm coming. I'm picking up. Shut up already!"

The hand grabbed the receiver and brought it to the ear closest.

"Hello?"

"Sir, I think you should come to the lab right away."

"Why? Do you know what time it is?" a bit of annoyance entered his usually calm voice.

"Yes sir, I understand it's late. But you told me to contact you as soon as we got the results back... and they're back sir."

A deep sigh echoed into the room.

"Alright. I'll l be there as soon as I can."

"Yes sir"

The phone was placed back into its cradle, the hand shaking with tremors slightly. Worry and fear ran its course through the man's body.

He sat up, tossing his long dark hair behind him. Slowly he padded his way to the clothes he discarded hours before.

Hours before, there was a slight jubilation to the thought of finding out who his child was. Oh, he knew there was some sort of child brought of the union he once had with Raine. Even if she said she didn't love him, he could tell that she did. It was a game they played. He did his rounds, made his reports, and she acted annoyed.

His shirt shook in his hands.

A knock at the door let a yelp out of his mouth.

"C-c-come in." the usual strength in his voice gone; torn apart from one phone call.

The door opened slowly, leaking light across the floor into the dark room.

"I heard the phone ring. Laguna, did you want me to come with you?" Kiros asked.

The man, the once soldier now president, nodded; pulled his shirt over his head, forgoing all buttons.

"Lets get going. I asked for this, you know? It's my own fault. I just wanted to know." He whispered as the door shut behind them. "Is that so wrong?"

"No. Not at all." Kiros said gently.

Soon, the men entered the lab. A short doctor puttered around, moving things, tapping buttons, muttering under his breath.

The president debated about sneaking back out, back to the warmth of a bed abandoned, to the dark cocoon of a room, but the tall dark skin man's grip on his arm prevented that.

"Well doctor. I got a call from one of the technicians. Tell me the news."

The short doctor looked up at the man, taking in his appearance, his facial structure, his hair.

"Vell, it iz true. You are hiz father. Squall Leonhart iz your son. Ze D.N.A. sample proves it. Vould you like to zee ze proof? I have it here."

Laguna shook his head no, and turned around to leave.

Odine chuckled, "It iz always a zhock to find out zat you are a father, izn't it?"

Return to Archive