Here's my entry for the Squall's birthday extravaganza. In the next chapter, Squall will *definitely* be in his birthday suit... ^_~

You can also find the fic here. Lyrics ©Morrissey

The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get

Part 1

By okanechan

"That's enough!" Squall thought. Between all the shit piled on him by Headmaster Cid's early retirement, and Rinoa's pleading for forgiveness for casting a love spell on him, he decided that he needed a drink or three. He stormed out of his office, informing Quistis that he was going to Balamb for the night, and headed for the parking lot.

Driving in his silver sports car, he saw a club that he hadn't noticed before, called Façade. "This place is as good as any," he thought, while getting out of the vehicle. While entering the building, he overheard a couple of female patrons chattering about a musician singing tonight who went by the obvious pesudonym of Mamoru De La Croix.

"He's soo sexy," one of them gushed.

"Rumor has it he's gay, though," another answered dejectedly.

"Why are all the hot ones gay?" the first girl whined.

Squall ordered a Shiva Ice and sat down at the first empty table he could find. Guys and girls alike kept coming up to his table to hit on him, but he sent them running after giving them his Glare of Death (trademark pending). Four or five beers later, Squall didn't even notice when the emcee came out onto the stage to announce the singer. It wasn't until a rich baritone voice reached his ears that he was roused from his thoughts.

The more you ignore me, the closer I get.
You're wasting your time

As Squall raised his gaze, he first took in the black leather pants. "Damn, he looks better in those than I ever could," he thought. His eyes travelled further to the singer's well-developed abs and pecs, barely concealed by the tight dark blue tee shirt, surrounded by a white PVC trenchcoat. Squall's own leather pants were starting to get unbearably tight when he finally took in the blonde hair, the intense green eyes, and the rest of Seifer's face.

Squall panicked. "Holy shit, I've got to get out of here," his mind screamed repeatedly.

Before he could leave the building, the bouncer stopped him. "I'm sorry sir, but I can't let you drive back to Garden when you're this drunk, ya know," Raijin said, removing the Camaro's keys from Squall's hand.

"Whatever," Squall replied. He decided to stay as close to the exit as possible, if he couldn't just leave. He thought, "maybe that way, nobody would notice how much the sight of Seifer aroused me."

It was too late. Seifer had already started walking toward Squall.

The more you ignore me, the closer I get. You're wasting your time

Seifer stopped by the bar to act out the next few lines of the song. He lay his head on the bar, staring at Squall the entire time.

I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now acentral part of your mind's landscape, whether you care or do not
Yeah, I've made up your mind

Squall's reason kicked in, realizing that since there was no way he was leaving the bar anytime soon, he might as well enjoy the show. He went back to his table and sat down, attempting to hide the evidence of his arousal by placing his jacket on his lap.

The more you ignore me, the closer I get
You're wasting your time

Seifer smiled, once he saw that Squall wasn't going to run away. He continued toward his former rival as he sang.

The more you ignore me, the closer I get
You're wasting your time

Beware!
I bear more grudges than lonely high court judges

Seifer finally reached Squall's table. He took Squall's cheek in one hand, and then sang the next words in a whispery voice into the brunette's ear.

When you sleep, I will creep into your thoughts like a bad debt that you can't pay; take the easy way and give in
Yeah, and let me in

Seifer trailed his lips along Squall's cheek.

Oh, let me in

Squall just sat there, not seeming to show a single emotion.

Oh let me...

Seifer knew better. He always knew how to read Squall's emotions. Those greyish blue eyes spoke volumes; they showed fear, arousal, hope, and a myriad other emotions that Seifer couldn't quite name. He vowed to find out what they were.

Oh, let me in
IT'S WAR
IT'S WAR
IT'S WAR
IT'S WAR
IT'S WAR
WAR
WAR
WAR
WAR

It was taking all of Squall's restraint not to jump Seifer right in the middle of the club. However, a lingering doubt started to take form. "Is this all part of the act, or is he attracted to me?" Squall thought.

Oh, let me in
Ah, the closer I get
Ah, you're asking for it
Ah, the closer I get
Ooh, the closer I ...

Squall's doubts were cut short when Seifer's lips pressed onto his. In fact, Squall couldn't think at all until a burst of cheers and applause brought him back to reality. After they pulled away, Seifer whispered, "meet me in the Balamb Hotel bar in half an hour."

Return to Archive | next