Disclaimer: the song belongs to Dido. FFVIII belongs to Square Soft.

Thank You

By Ryuta

My tea's gone cold and I'm wondering why I got up at all
The morning rain clouds up my window and I can't see at all
Even if I could it would all be gray
I put you're picture on my wall it reminds me that it's not so bad

 

It had been three months since the second Sorceress war and many still hated Seifer for his actions. Seifer was sitting at the kitchen table in his and Zell's apartment. He turned his head and watched the rain hit the kitchen window and he put his hands around his now cold cup of tea. Seifer then glanced at a picture of him and Zell and he knew even though Zell was away on a mission, in a way he was always there to keep him from falling apart.

 

I drank to much last night, I have bills to pay, my head just fills in pain
I missed the bus and there will be hell today I’m late for work again
And even if I’m there they’ll all imply that I may not last the day
But then you call me and it’s not so bad it’s not so bad

 

Seifer got up in a hurry realizing he was going to miss the noon bus. Ignoring the pain in his head from his slight hangover from drinking too much last night.

Despite the rain Seifer ran to the bus stop to find that he had just missed it so he was stuck walking through the heavy downpour. A half hour later Seifer got to the restaurant that he, Raijin and Fujin worked at.

“Hi, Seifer,” Raijin greeted. “Ya look like a drowned rat, ya know.”

“LATE. MISS BUS?” Fujin asked.

”No, not at all. I just felt like walking in a downpour and being late again,” Seifer remarked sarcastically.

“What's with the bad mood, ya know?” Raijin asked.

“Just another bad day, that’s all,” Seifer answered,

“Hey, you three, if you want to be paid you better stop chatting and start working,” the boss yelled.

“Well you heard him, ya know.” Raijin sighed

At this rate I’m never going to make it through the day, Seifer thought.

“Hey someone's on line three for you, Seifer,” one of Seifer’s female co-workers said while handing him the phone.

“Hello?” Seifer said into the receiver.

“Hello yourself, Seif’. So how have things been going?” It was Zell. And the conversation continued from there.

 

Push the door I’m home at last and I’m soaking through and through
Then you hand me a towel and all I see is you
And even if my house falls down now I wouldn’t have a clue
Because you’re near me

 

Seifer pushed open his and Zell’s apartment door to be greeted with a towel being thrown in his face. When Seifer pulled it off of his head he saw Zell standing their smiling at him.

”You know what, for once I think Raijin was right. You do look like a drowned rat,” Zell said.

”Yeah, well I still say you look like a chicken,” Seifer responded.

Zell then walked over to his boyfriend and hugged him. “I missed ya,” Zell said into Seifer’s shirt. Seifer smiled and picked Zell up and carried him to their room and set him on the bed and laid down with him.

”Thank you,” Seifer said.

“For what?” Zell asked.

”Thank you for being here, near me.”

Return to Archive