Stolen

Chapter 14 - Now and Then

By The Wandering Englishman

"This way sir, the master is waiting." The woman called, already across the foyer. Squall watched as Lawson hurried over, a little flustered, to the double doors that obviously led to the dining room. The brunette was curious as to why he hadn't noticed the ornate doors when he looked around earlier.

As he drew closer, Squall could see the high backed chairs that had to be as old as the house. Lawson pulled back a chair from the table, looking at the SeeD as he entered. Taking a seat, he again smiled at the woman, unsure of why he was so taken by her.

"I'll go fetch the master now, sir. Please remove your gloves and make yourself comfortable." Lawson walked out of the room through a single door at the other end of the grand hall. Removing his gloves, Squall leaned back in his chair, examining the largest set of silverware he had ever seen.

"The master, Kaien." The servant called from the door, holding it open wide with her head bowed. Squall stood, watching the door earnestly. As the cloaked figure walked through the door, the brunette could feel his chest tighten as realisation dawned on his face.

"Leonhart." Kaien smirked, taking a step closer to the stunned youth before him. "It's been too long."

Odine removed the now empty syringe and began to untie the straps holding the vegetative youth to the examining table. The Squat scientist moved around the bed to the other strap, talking to himself.

"Now, Squall, ve vill move you to ze special observation room; my proudest creation. And then ve vill do so-" Odine's eyes widened as a hand clamped down on his throat. Gripping at the arm in an effort to remove his neck from the vice-like grip of the SeeD's hand.

Snapping his eyes open, Squall glared coldly at his companion. The brunette sat up, keeping his grip on Odine as he did so.

"How long has it been?" Squall cocked his head to the side, his eyes changing from grey to deep ocean-blue. Swinging his legs around the bed, he pulled the Doctor closer to him.

"No matter. Where is he?" He asked, dropping Odine back down onto the ground, leaving the balding man gasping for air.

"He who?"

Looking down at his hand he smirked before turning his gaze once more to the Scientist.

"The one who gave me this," He held up his right hand.

"Seifer?" The short man asked, knowing full well that's not who he meant.

"Idiot. I'll find him myself." Standing, Squall moved over to the collared fool, making the bald man jump when he placed a hand on his shoulder and leaned into the scared man's ear.

"Now...this is your moment of truth..."

"It's wonderful, isn't it, Seifer? The two if us together again?"

"Mistress...I..."

"You're wondering why you had to kill him?" She asked, wrapping her arms around the blonde's waist.

"I know I shouldn't question you..."

"It's okay, Seifer. I know you cared deeply for him. You forget I watched you...have been watching you for the last two years."

"I know mistress, but I failed..." Seifer looked down, remembering Zell's face as he hit the ground.

"You've guided him to where he needed to be." She smiled, walking away from Seifer to her throne, sitting in it and calling the Scarred blonde to him. "You haven't failed me."

The SeeD fell to his knees before his mistress, taking her hand and kissing it.

"In fact, you've done so well I'm going to reward you."

Seifer snapped his head up, looking into her black eyes looking for any signs of deceit.

"Oh, I'm disappointed. After all this time, you don't believe me?" She laughed, waving her hand toward a distant door.

"He's waiting for you."

Turning around, Seifer's heart stopped when he saw the silk-clad martial artist standing in the doorway. A large grin formed on his face before his heart gave way to logic.

"You're dead..."

The shorter blonde shook his head, beckoning the SeeD toward him, his famed child-like smile adorning his face. Turning back to his mistress one more time, he bowed to her.

"Thank you, my lady."

"Enjoy your time, Knight. You've earned it."

Return to Archive | next | previous