Disc: No I don’t own the boys or evil lil Avril and her songfic inducing lyrics.

Skater Boy

By Elise Maxwell

<He was a boy, she was a girl
Can I make it anymore obvious?>

“Hi, my name is Rinoa.”

A young blonde man turned around to see a young crow haired girl standing behind him. “Seifer.” He held out a hand to the congenial girl he’d just saved.

“You look like you know what you’re doing.” Rinoa nodded her head at the monster that almost won over her, now dead. “Can you teach me how to fight like that?”

Seifer frowned amused. “Now what would a girl like you want to know about fighting? And why in the world are you out here fighting anyway?” He gestured to the forest around them.

“I could ask you the same thing.” She smirked. “I don’t like the way that the president is oppressing the residents of Timber. I’m part of a resistance group.” Rinoa raised her chin too look more imposing.

Seifer raised an eyebrow. “Really? Well I’m a SeeD cadet.” He crossed his arms. “How much do you want to learn?” He looked her up and down. She was in pretty good shape for as short and thin as she was.

“I can pay you.” She reached for her pocket.

“That’s not necessary.” Seifer shook his head as she stopped in mid-motion. “Look, I agree with you, but being a cadet, and an aspiring SeeD I cant do anything.” He shrugged. “But I can help you, so in my opinion, that’s helping in a way.”

Rinoa smiled. “Any little bit helps.”

“Alright.” He nodded. “Shall we get started?”

<He was a punk, she did ballet
What more can I say?>

Seifer pulled his headphones off as Rinoa fumed at him. “What?”

“How can you listen to that crap?” She rolled her eyes. “You gonna teach me again today?”

He smiled. “Yeah, as long as you can keep up with me on my skateboard.”

Rinoa shrugged. “Whatever, lets go.”

<He wanted her, she'd never tell
secretly she wanted him as well.>

“You're leaving tomorrow?” Rinoa asked the blonde.

Seifer nodded and stopped his packing. “It was really cool hanging out with you and all. I wish I could stay longer but, you know, duty calls.” He shrugged and grinned as she giggled.

She smiled. “I’m gonna miss you.”

“Sure.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“You ignored me yesterday when you were with your friends. Just cause I was on a skateboard? That’s kinda snobbish.” Seifer offered.

“That’s the type of people I have to be with. I get information from them for my resistance.” Rinoa watched him start packing again. “I told you I was sorry.”

Seifer stopped. “I know.” He turned to her again. “I’ll try and get Cid to meet with you alright?”

“Great!” She hugged him.

<But all of her friends stuck up there nose
they had a problem with his baggy clothes.>

“You hugged me last night but now you can’t?” Seifer growled at the girl next to him on the bench.

“The people will talk and won’t associate with me. I can’t be seen hanging around with some skater boy.” Rinoa muttered sounding reluctant.

“Yeah I know, you need information from them.” The blonde spat.

“Seifer,” Rinoa started but didn’t finish because she obviously couldn’t find any words.

“Yeah I hear ya,” Seifer sighed and stood. He stared down at her and her little puppydog eyes. This wouldn’t work out. And it wouldn’t distract him from the person he had a thing for back home anyway. “My train is here.”

“Contact me as soon as you hear from Cid.” Rinoa stayed on the bench and nodded at him.

“Will do.” Seifer saluted her, and walked out of her life for what he thought would be forever.

<He was a skater boy, she said see ya later boy
he wasn't good enough for her
She had a pretty face, but her head was up in space
she needed to come back down to earth.>

“FUN?” Fuujin asked the blonde who arrived on the train with the cadets in his training group.

“Sure. Whatever.”

“SQUALL.”

“Yeah you sound like Squall, ya know?”

Seifer chuckled. “He’s more interesting than the crap in Timber. Trust me.”

<Five years from now, she sits at home
feeding the baby
she's all alone>

“You think people we know will see us?”

“I can see Rinoa’s jaw just drop.”

“I agree. It’s been five years.” The blonde ran a shaky hand through his hair. “I’m so nervous.”

“About a live performance? You’ve done this tons of times.”

“It’s never been televised before, Squall.”

“You’re Seifer Almasy. That’s all you need to know.”

The blonde grinned. “Thanks man.”

“Open up, Julia.” Rinoa said to her daughter. The little girl opened her mouth and ate the food on the proffered spoon.

“I’m home!”

“Hey hon!” Rinoa kissed her husband on the cheek as Julia squealed to the man who had just walked in the door.

“How’s my little Julie!” Zell picked up the little girl and spun her around.

“Fine you feed her.” Rinoa grabbed the remote and flipped the TV on.

<She turns on TV
guess who she sees
skater boy rockin' up MTV>

“Oh dear Hyne.” Rinoa stared at the screen to see Seifer playing guitar behind Squall who was singing. “What is this?”

“Didn’t you know? They started a band.” Zell shrugged. “They always loved punk music.

<She calls up her friends, they already know
and they've all got tickets to see his show>

“You knew?”

“Yeah.” Selphie giggled on the other end of the phone. “Squall gave us tickets to his next show. Do you want to go with Quisty and me?”

“I’d love to.” Rinoa smiled. She’d get to see the guys again. Maybe she’d get to be friends with them again.

<She tags along and stands in the crowd
looks up at the man that she turned down.>

Rinoa stared up at the two men she’d dated before marrying Zell. She regretted being so stuck up to Seifer in the first place. It could have worked out if she hadn’t been so involved.

<He was a skater boy, she said see ya later boy
he wasn't good enough for her
now he's a super star
slammin' on his guitar
does your pretty face see what he's worth?>

“Come on Rinny!” Selphie squealed. “Let’s go backstage now.”

“Alright.” Rinoa smiled and followed her and the blonde woman to the side of the stage. She still couldn’t believe that they were rock stars.

Quistis was the first let in to the back. She led the other two girls through the halls with a grin. “I still can’t believe how big they are now.”

“They must make more than SeeDs.” Selphie giggled.

“Poor Zell didn’t get in on it.” Rinoa shook her head with a grin.

“At least we can say we know superstars now.” Quistis smirked. The other two girls laughed as the blonde led them farther through the hall.

<Sorry girl but you missed out
well tuff luck that boys mine now>

Squall entered the room with Seifer behind him. A rove of fangirls crowded them and they graciously signed autographs and chatted with them. When they saw their three old companions their eyes lit up.

“Quistis!” Seifer called and grabbed her for a huge hug.

“I can’t believe you all came.” Squall nodded at them. “I didn’t know if anyone told you Rinoa.”

The crow haired girl smiled. “I was hoping to see you two again. I’d wondered where you’d disappeared to.”

“So are you guys single?” Selphie asked and bounced.

<We are more than just good friends
this is how the story ends>

Seifer and Squall’s hands intertwined to give the girls their answer. Selphie’s jaw dropped, Quistis’s eyebrows raised, and Rinoa turned red.

“We’re together.” Squall told them finally.

“Hey, can I get in on this?” Selphie recovered with a giggle.

“He’s mine now.” Squall held the blonde possessively as Seifer laughed.

<Too bad that you couldn't see
see that man that boy could be>

“He seems to have a thing for bad boys.” Seifer winked.

Squall frowned. “Shut up.”

“Or maybe its just skater boys.” The blonde grinned.

“Whatever.” Squall let go of him and flopped onto a couch.

<There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside>

“Or maybe it’s the real me that you love.” Seifer sat next to him as the girls also sat in some chairs.

Squall’s frown disappeared and turned into a smile. “You always say the right things at the right time.”

“I’m just that good.”

“I’m sure Squall knows all about that.” Selphie snickered as the man in question turned red, confirming her suspicions.

<He's just a boy, and I’m not a girl*
can I make it anymore obvious?>

Rinoa smiled. “I’m glad you two are happy.”

Everyone got quiet, obviously not expecting that to come from her.

“Thanks.” Seifer smiled.

<We are in love, haven't you heard
how we rock each other’s world>

“Really. Thank you.” Squall smirked and Selphie burst out laughing.

Quistis rolled her eyes and muttered something about sex fiends.

“We rock each other’s worlds.” Seifer winked as his man turned red again. “Right?”

“Of course.” Squall recovered and grinned at his man.

“You know you love me.” The blonde kissed his forehead. The brunette suddenly pulled him into a kiss.

“You’re not getting away with just that. We’ll be over there.” Squall told the girls and pointed to a door and dragged Seifer to it.

“Not the closet!” Seifer said dramatically and waved to the girls before he was pulled in.

<I'm with the skater boy, I said see ya later boy
I’ll be back stage after the show
I’ll be at a studio
singing the song we wrote
about a girl you used to know>

“Well, we should probably get going.” Rinoa stood as Quistis did the same.

“I wanna see this!” Selphie went for the closet only to be caught by Quistis.

“No, they don’t need you in there too,” the blonde woman told her.

“Hyne, Squall. Do you have to do that to me?” they heard Seifer’s voice through the door.

“And they obviously don’t need you.” Rinoa pointed out as she and Quistis dragged the little girl out the door.

“Next time we’re doing this somewhere else.”

“Shut up and kiss me, skater boy.”

“Wicked.”

 

 

 

I saw the vid on TV and it got stuck in my head. So I downloaded it and the idea got stuck in my head and this piece of crap rolled out in about 30 min flat. It’s nothing epic or even really good. Just a silly idea I had so dun be all pointing stuff out that’s wrong with it. I kinda like picturing Seifer as a skater boy. He’d be a damn fine one too! ^_~

Squall would be singing the song, Seifer is the skater boy and Rinoa is the ballerina ^_^

Seifer: the closet was fun

Squall: the shower is more fun

Rinoa: I’m gonna go over there and talk to Quistis

Selphie: I wanna join

Quistis: oh hyne, not again

Return to Archive