For His Love

Chapter 18

By Pixie158

Squall took in his surroundings, studying the chandeliers, the wood paneling, and the unobstructed view of the ocean from the dining room window.

"It’s been a while since we’ve been in here." He muttered, more to himself than to Zell who was busy sitting down and flipping through the menu.

"Yeah, tell me about it. Come on and sit down. If Raijin and Fuujin come in looking for you, I’ll protect you." He winked at Squall. Squall frowned.

"Whatever."

Zell laughed. "Just kidding. Hey, what do you want to eat?" Squall picked up his menu and opened it to the first page.

"Can I look at the menu first?" He sounded annoyed, but Zell caught the hint of a smile lurking at the corners of his lips.

"I’d like one of everything, and then we’ll talk about dessert." Zell was practically salivating by this time, and Squall had yet to decide what he wanted.

"You'd think you hadn't eaten in days." Squall said with a laugh. Zell's eyes narrowed and his lips twisted into a sly smile.

"Well, I've worked up an appetite, don't ya think?" He raised one eyebrow at Squall and felt very satisfied indeed when he saw the blush rise up Squall's neck.

"Yeah, that's right." Zell said smugly and disappeared behind his menu once more.

Quistis closed her eyes and tipped her head back slightly, letting the sea air envelop her. It lifted her hair, sending the silken strands into a wild tangle, whipping into her eyes and catching on her lips. She'd never felt this free in her entire life. She didn't think she could feel much higher, unless maybe she was airborne. The tide was coming on its way back out and she danced lightly in the retreating surf, squealing when the sea foam soaked her hemline.

Seifer smiled slightly, watching her. Who would ever have guessed that Quistis Trepe was a free spirit just dying to get out? Not him, that's for sure. Yet here she stood with her hair loose and her feet bare. Clad in a simple white dress that ended mid-calf and was trimmed in white eyelet. It would appear that she was a romantic, as well. She looked at him then, her blue eyes dancing, her hair clinging to her lips that were turned up in the most enchanting smile. Her essence seemed to beckon to him. Her very own Siren's song. His smile faded and he began to walk towards her, his face unreadable. Her own smile vanished as she noticed the intensity in his eyes and she resisted her first instinct to run, run fast. She'd seen that look before and it hadn't boded well for anyone. But before she could make out his intentions, or decide on a course of action he was at her side, pulling her into his iron embrace, ravaging her mouth with his own and she sighed. Sighed in such a way that she was sure the angels could hear her.

Squall stared at Zell, amazed that a human being could consume such large amounts of food and still be coherent.

"What?" Zell mumbled in between bites.

Squall shook his head, not bothering to answer. Zell had eaten (so far) three grilled tuna steaks, two plates of French fries, three sides of vegetables, a basket of bread, and was at that very moment, polishing off a steak kabob. Squall's stomach was hurting just watching him.

The last bite of steak disappearing into his mouth, Zell licked his fingers and sat back in his chair smiling widely.

"Now that was a meal!" He looked so happy, Squall almost laughed.

"No, Zell, that was three or four meals." He rested his elbows on the table and smiled vaguely at him.

"Well, whatever, I’m ready for dessert." Zell said happily, eyeing a passing dessert tray.

Squall sighed, feeling quite full and wondering how he was going to drag Zell out of the restaurant.

"So, what do you want to do tonight?" Squall asked quietly. Zell’s gaze slid over him and he felt the familiar heat unfurl in his belly.

"Besides that." Squall smiled.

"Well, I thought we could head over to the beach. I haven’t been out there in a while." Zell cast a pleading look in his waiter’s direction. Squall sat back in his chair.

"Okay, sounds good. Only…"

Zell looked up sharply. "Only what?" Squall flinched at his tone.

"Well, what if someone sees us?" Squall said this quietly.

Zell didn’t answer, just sat staring at him.

"And?"

Squall fidgeted in his chair.

"Well, I just thought…"

Zell relaxed a little and reached across the table to touch his arm.

"Stop thinking so much. I told you before, it’s up to you how we handle this. If you don’t want anyone to know, we’ll keep it between us. But I have to tell you Squall, I won’t want you treating me like some dirty little secret."

Squall frowned at the idea of Zell’s feelings being hurt.

"I wouldn’t do that to you, Zell." Squall was convinced of that. Zell wasn’t.

"Maybe not intentionally, but if we’re back at Garden and you decide I’m walking to close, or being too attentive, or breathing your air, whatever, I don’t want you pulling away from me, or ignoring me altogether. You know that’s not gonna work. We have to find a way to deal with this and we need to decide together, tonight, before we have to return to Garden." Squall contemplated Zell’s words and nodded slowly.

"You’re right." He looked at Zell solemnly. "We’ll discuss it later."

Zell nodded, more than a little distracted by the silver dessert cart that was slowly rolling towards them.

"Yeah, later…"

Quistis lost the ability to think, to reason; she almost forgot to breathe. Her senses were filled with him; she was utterly lost to him. She knew that this man was the only one who would ever possess her heart, invade her mind. But how to tell him? Would he want to know? Would he respond in the way she’d always secretly hoped he would?

His kisses slowed, tasting her, teasing her. She gave a little moan and ran her hands under his coat, feeling the heat of his skin under the t-shirt he wore.

"Mmmm…" She didn’t know what she wanted to say, or if she were only sighing in contentment, but he broke the kiss and gazed at her through sleepy eyes.

"What’s wrong, Quis?" His words were distracted and raspy, as if he were only just waking up from a dream.

"Nothing." She sighed happily, seeking his lips again. He met her lips eagerly, softly. He moved his hands away from her before she could protest, and began sliding his long coat off of his shoulders. She opened her eyes, prepared to have him pull away, but his eyes were still closed and his lips were still moving over hers. She felt him wrap the coat loosely around her shoulders. He eased one hand up her neck and into her hair and a shiver traversed the length of her spine.

"Quis?" He murmured against her mouth.

"Hmm?" She didn’t want to talk. She wanted to feel. Apparently so did he because she felt his hand on the back of her knee, lifting it high up on his hip. Still holding her leg up, he went down on one knee and lowered her back into the sand, his jacket serving as a barrier.

"Seifer?" She whispered his name tentatively, sounding afraid.

He smoothed her hair away from her face, gazing down at her with that dreamy expression that was so very new to her.

"Yes?" He was kissing her neck just below her ear, smiling against her skin when he felt her shiver.

"W-what are you doing?" She stammered.

"Nothing you don’t want me to do. Quistis." He raised his head and looked at her, seemingly wide-awake. "Don’t be afraid of me. I won’t hurt you."

She nodded, her eyes wide and solemn. She looked like a scared little girl.

"I just want to touch you Quistis, I can’t stop wanting to touch you."

She nodded again, her eyes drifting closed, her lips parted and trembling and it was all he needed. She couldn’t have issued a bolder invitation. He covered her body with his own, stretching his sleek length along the smooth line of her body. He felt her fingers in his hair, holding his lips to hers as she entwined her legs with his.

Still kissing her, he lowered his hands to the buttons that paraded down the front of her dress and began to struggle with them. It made her smile, to feel this man, so certain, become so awkward when faced with a delicate task.

"Are you laughing at me?" His voice held pretend outrage. She shook her head.

"Let me." She sat up a little, her hair a golden swath against her face as she began to ease the buttons out of their enclosures. The power of speech had deserted Seifer and so he sat quietly as she deftly unfastened the small white buttons, an enigmatic smile fixed to her lips.

Zell’s eyes were rolling back into his head in silent ecstasy. If he moans, I’m leaving. Squall shook his head, Zell was a pagan. He was the master of all things sensual, whether it be the small biting kisses he placed at the base of Squall’s spine, or a Crème Brulee, he obviously reveled in life’s pleasures. Not that Squall begrudged him that. He rather enjoyed watching Zell, and his weaknesses were just more things Squall could find to enjoy about him.

"Oh, Hyne, Squall, this is sooooo good." He licked his spoon suggestively. Squall was finding it hard to swallow over the lump in his throat. Watching Zell’s tongue flicker over anything was enough to make Squall break into a cold sweat.

"How’s yours?" He asked, licking his lips. Squall shrugged.

"It’s okay, I guess." Very noncommittal.

"You guess? Jeez, Squall, how can you guess? Chocolate Mousse is one of my favorites." While he spoke, he reached over the table and dipped his finger into the small crystal chalice that held Squall’s dessert. Squall grabbed his wrist just as he was about to lift his finger to his lips and taste the chocolate. Zell looked up, startled and a sinful smile began to form on Squall’s lips as he lifted Zell’s hand to his lips and drew the chocolate coated finger deep into his mouth, sucking and licking the chocolate until he’d gotten it all.

Crème Brulee forgotten, Zell sat transfixed, his gulp audible, feeling his desire reach a new high. Squall stared at him knowingly, still tonguing Zell’s finger. Zell coughed, found his voice.

"Check please!"

Seifer’s kisses were becoming increasingly demanding, his hands searching out all the hidden secrets of her body. Quistis was moving restlessly beneath him at this point and she offered no objection when he gripped her hips tightly and pulled her down slightly, insinuating himself between her thighs.

Her breath quickened and she breathed his name, the sound lost in the echo of the waves crashing in the distance. She pulled at his shirt, tugging it over his head, rising up on her elbows to bite at his neck. His breath was coming in short gasps, ragged and uneven and Quistis began to tug at the laces on his pants.

"Quistis," he panted, "Do you know what you’re asking? If we go much further I won’t be able to stop."

She didn’t answer, only continued to tug at his pants.

"Quistis," he repeated, "Are you sure you want this?" His tone was gentle, but she wasn’t fooled. He was practically overcome with lust but she didn’t care. She was dying to have him and they weren’t leaving this beach until she’d claimed him, finally.

"Yes, I want it, I want you, Seifer. No more talking. Please." They were the most beautiful words he’d ever heard in his life. He didn’t need to hear anything more from her. He’d heard enough. Lowering his head to her open bodice, he nudged the white material open, baring her to the waist. The chill air swept over her, causing her nipples to harden into small pink beads. His erection rose up higher and he grunted in discomfort. He had to get out of these pants, and soon. He felt her fingers slide down his chest, down his belly to rest lightly on the waistband of his pants. It was her subtle way of letting him know what she wanted.

Bending his head to her, he brushed his lips across one nipple then the other. His touch was almost reverent and Quistis wanted to weep with the joy that was bursting inside her heart.

"Seifer…" Her voice was a whisper. He raised his head, tried to find her gaze.

"Yes?" He waited for a signal, for something. He idly stroked the curve of her waist as he waited. She motioned to him to come closer to her so he moved up her body, leaned over her, staring down at her. She opened her eyes to meet his stare and she caught her breath when she found it. His eyes were almost silver in the moonlight, and they looked as though they could devour her. Her breath hitched in her throat but she forced herself to speak.

"I love you, Seifer. I think I always have. Some part of me has always belonged to you and just for tonight I want a part of you to belong to me. Please." A single tear hung suspended from the corner of her eye for a split second before it began its descent down her ashen face. Seifer knew he would forever remember that moment as the very second he lost his heart to Quistis Trepe.

"Just for tonight?" he asked softly. "I was planning on a whole lot longer than one night." He attempted a smile, but it faltered. She turned her head aside.

"You don’t have to give me any promises, Seifer. I’d make no demands on you."

He held her chin firmly in his grasp and turned her face back to him.

"Well, that’s very considerate of you Quis, especially since I’m planning on making several demands of my own. You won’t be rid of me so easily." She smiled slightly, her eyes shining. He understood what she was trying to say. It wasn’t necessary. I’ll never let you go Quistis…never again.

He eased a hand behind her slender neck, raising her to meet his kisses once again. She offered no resistance. With his other hand he unlaced his pants and freed his straining erection. He didn’t want to take her like this, in a public place. They couldn’t even fully undress for Hyne’s sake. But it couldn’t be helped. He wouldn’t wait another minute to make her his. Time was never a certainty and he’d had too many things taken away from him already in his lifetime. She would never be one of them.

Her lips were pliant against his, so soft and careful in their exploration, and he felt her gasp against his mouth when he slowly slid her panties over her hips and down her legs. She leaned her head back onto his coat, the sand shifting against her back. The long column of her throat was exposed to him, glistening white and so very tempting.

He dropped his head to her neck, his lips moving over her skin when he moved between her thighs once more. She lifted her legs to rest her ankles against his calves and braced herself for his invasion. He tested her gingerly with his finger, almost groaning aloud at the feel of her. All of her wet heat, like silk. He thought he would lose his mind.

Assuring himself of her readiness, he paused over her, leaning down to see her face.

"Quis?" His voice revealed his restraint, it told of his self-control that was stretched to the breaking point. She was moving under him, wanting to feel him, needing to feel him.

"Hmm?"

"Have you ever done this before?" He knew the answer already, but he had to be sure. She looked at him steadily, her gaze direct.

"No."

He slid a hand beneath her, to the small of her back, lifting her to him.

"I’ll be careful, but it might hurt. Just relax, trust me." She smiled blissfully.

"As I trust no one else." She closed her eyes, relying on all her other senses to help her remember this night. She felt him against her. Hard and unyielding and impossibly big. She felt a moment’s panic when he began to push into her, but his hands were framing her face and he was kissing her so thoroughly that she forgot to be scared.

"Seifer…" Her voice was like music to him and the feeling coursing through him could not be named. He felt her fear flow into him and he accepted it without reservation.

He felt her resistance, knew he must make it quick.

"Quistis." He breathed. She whimpered his name and he thrust forward quickly, claiming her in one fluid motion. She arched her back and cried his name to the heavens before he covered her mouth with his own, swallowing her cries. She stilled for a moment, adjusting to him and he closed his mind to the unbearable pleasure. He had to do this right for her. He had to make this something she would always want to remember, so he held back his body’s demands. She began to move beneath him, her breath coming faster, her little whimpers and gasps driving him closer to the edge. He didn’t know how much longer he could hold out. He paced himself, moving slowly inside her, moving her hips against him and she began moaning and thrashing, panting his name. Just a little longer, Almasy.

She began to moan louder, his name a prayer on her lips, one she’d memorized long ago, one she would never forget.

"Seifer…please…I can’t…" She didn’t know what she was supposed to be doing, but something was happening to her body, and it seemed she was powerless against it.

"Yes you can." He whispered against her ear. Her skin was flushed, the front of her dress damp with her efforts. "Don’t fight it, Quistis, let it come."

He angled himself a little as he hit his stride and he could feel her inner muscles clenching him, signaling her imminent climax. Her cries were spurring him on, and the muscles in his back flexing with his restraint.

"Oh, Seifer, this is…" She had nothing with which to compare her feelings to, and she wasn’t of a mind to articulate. He knew, because he was very close to losing all possession of his senses.

"Quistis, I can’t…I can’t wait…" He sucked in lungfulls of air to steady his racing heart and he felt her throb wildly around him. Thank Hyne.

A split second before she found her release, she opened her eyes and her gaze caught his. The look of utter disbelief passed through the blue depths before she closed them again, crying his name out into the night. He could wait no longer.

"Quistis." His tortured groan was her reward and his labored breathing in her ear was enough to make her heart stop beating. He closed his eyes and buried his face in her neck as he poured his essence into her. She gasped, receiving him as she had never imagined she could.

"I love you, Quistis. I love you…"

She’d won. Finally.

"I don’t feel so good." Zell’s voice wavered just the tiniest bit.

"I can’t imagine why." Squall responded sardonically.

"Maybe we should just go back to my place. I…don’t know if I’m up to a lot of walking." Zell cast an apologetic look in Squall’s direction and was rewarded with a small smile.

"It’s okay, really. I knew it’d come to this." Squall wrapped an arm around Zell’s waist and hauled him close to his side.

"C’mon, glutton." Zell moaned a little.

"Awww man! Why do I always do this?" He sounded like a wounded little boy and Squall grinned in the darkness. This was the same man who’d loved him so completely earlier that day. Zell was so many things, he didn’t think he’d ever uncover all that he was.

Zell’s house loomed ahead, looking like heaven to Zell. Squall cringed when the moaning increased. He stopped walking and bent to slide his arm under Zell’s knees. Hefting him into his arms, he steadied himself before he continued walking.

"You’re not a lightweight, Zell. You owe me." He teased.

"Ohhhh…I know, I know. I owe you, I’m your slave forever, just get me inside."

When they reached the door, Squall leaned Zell’s weight against the door and fumbled with the doorknob. The door suddenly swung open and down they both went, sprawling ungainly over the threshold.

"Zell?!" Zell’s mother stood just inside the door, eyes wide and questioning. Shock registered on everyone’s faces. Even Zell, who didn’t look as though he could handle an emotional upheaval at that particular moment.

"MA?!" His words were slurred; he was trying not to start gagging. Zell’s mother crossed herself and turned her eyes to Squall.

"He is hurt?" Her broken English flowed melodically into her native tongue which sounded suspiciously like Italian. Her voice rose an octave as an even worse thought occurred to her.

"Drunk?" She gasped. Zell moaned again.

Squall flushed at the picture they must present to her, but then he grinned at her.

"Nah, just full."

 

Author's Notes: Howdy all…sorry this took so long! I’ve been so busy, please forgive my lapse…Arian, hope this is longer and more to your liking ;) Well? Opinions, anyone?

Return to Archive | next | previous