Author's Notes: Mega-Crossover. As you could tell from the pairings, this is one messed up story of sex, violence, chaos... and treason. Yes baby. It's up to me to make a senseless but graphically enjoyable plot! But slow as this story might be, what I want is for you to grasp the characters and then watch them get picked off one by one by their evil school.

Ècole des Trahisons

Chapter III - S’ètonner

By Alix Vitesse

“I swear, Irvine, that was so… I made a total fool of myself! And you know what? It just had to be in front of Sephiroth! You can’t imagine how horrible this feels!” The young man scolded himself over and over, banging his head onto his pillow. He growled and dug his hands into his hair, tousling it until it got unbelievably tangled.

“Criminy! Locke, stop right now and calm down! So what if he’s just, hell, the most unreachable guy in school? Not to mention the best at every sport, especially track! My god, I think he doubled the time Michael Johnson ran! Anyway,” Irvine said, whapping the moaning boy’s head with another pillow. “It’s not like he cares anyway. Quit being such a stupid fag.”

Locke turned over, sighing with his pillow still over his face. He plopped his arms splat across the bed and wriggled a little. He shuddered, removed the pillow from his face and sat up.

“You’re a fag too, you know. It was still embarrassing… I mean, he looks at me and I just freeze… then I say ‘Hey Seph,’ and run! God, it’s just so… God!” Locke smacked his forehead, and Irvine ran a hand through his thick auburn locks and chuckled at the panicking boy.

“You know, Locke,” Irvine began to point out. “If you really want to get to know Sephiroth, why don’t you ask Zack over there?” He swung his arm and pointed to the boy on the father side of the big dorm, who sat quietly typing on his laptop. Once his name was mentioned, the typing ceased and the boy turned around with an icy glare. Irvine smirked and threw his other pillow at the boy. He caught it and tossed it carelessly over him back onto his bed.

“Cool it, Ice Man. You know as well as I do you’re the only other person he talks to anyway, Zack, besides the president and his current fuck-toy. What did you do anyway?” Irvine hopped up from his bed and walked over to Zack, who had resumed his typing.

“I’ve known him for more than half my life. He’s my friend. So what?”

Irvine laughed and poked Zack on the side. Zack barely twitched, and his typing was still incessant. Irvine peeked over Zack’s shoulder and looked at what he was typing.

“Damn,” he said, his eyes widening. “What the hell have you been doing? Hacking into the school system?” He could feel Zack smirk beside him.

“What else am I supposed to do? E-bay? Face it Irvine, I’m not stupid enough to trust gun dealers online to send me my artillery, nor would I offer them a thousand dollars…”

“Oh, come on, it was just a one time mistake!”

Locke had been too busy crying over his embarrassment to pay any attention to Irvine and Zack. Irvine, who was looking over his grades, was cheering in delight.

“Zack, you’re a goddamn genius! Now, just one more A should pass me… how about math? I never was too good with that…”

“You’re not good with any subject, dumbass,” Zack muttered under his breath, passing Irvine a sarcastic glance.

Locke sighed and sat up. He glanced at the other two having their little flounce with the school system. He stood up, still unnoticed, and began to advance towards the door. He gave them one last look and opened the door as quietly as he slipped out.

“You know, no one has said a thing about it yet.”

“Yes, I’m aware of that.”

“Do you think the secret will be safe?”

“Yes, indeed I do.”

“What are we going to do for the meanwhile?”

“Oh, I don’t know.”

“We’ll not be meeting for a long time, then?”

“I don’t know about that either. We will take it as it comes.”

“All right, then. So long for now.”

“Yes… farewell.”

‘Ring… ring… ring…’

“Zack, get the phone, damnit!”

“Yeah, yeah…” Zack flung a hand out to feel around for the telephone, and finally got a hold of it. He lazily pushed the talk option and lifted the phone up to his ears.

“Yo.” He mumbled, letting his eyes close. The phone line was a bit hazy, but it soon became clear and so did the voice.

“Zack?” The voice said. Zack’s eyes snapped open as he sprung up from his bed. He became dizzy from getting up so fast, but managed to choke out the voice’s owner.

“Seph?”

“Yeah, it’s me.”

He faked a groan. “What do you want?” He garbled dryly. It usually led to no good.

“I need a favor, Zack,”

Zack sighed and slumped his back against the headboard of the bed.

“Talk.”

“I just need you to keep the two new students company for a while, you know, keep them out of trouble. I know you’re pretty okay with Seifer… try to keep him and that other new student from getting too feisty. There are a lot of things that need to be done around here, and if Seifer is distracted he’ll ruin it all. Besides, I need to train harder for track.”

“Sounds believable enough. Tell me, though, why must you be such a perfectionist?”

Silence.

“Because I want the best for the school.”

Zack stifled a blunt laugh.

“You mean, you want the best for you. Well, okay Mr. vice-president; I’ll take the job. I’m allowed to have accomplices, aren’t I?”

“As many as you want.”

“Good enough deal. Later.”

“Farewell.”

Zack slid the phone down beside him. Irvine had his mouth full of toothpaste foam as he came out still brushing his teeth. Through all the fizz, he was able to ask, “Who was that?”

Zack glanced aside and said, “No one important.”

Irvine raised an eyebrow, and then went back into the bathroom to continue brushing his teeth. Tidus soon entered the dorm. Zack shifted his gaze toward the entering Tidus and gave him a questioning look.

“Where have you been all this time?”

Locke shrugged, and then sighed. He threw his hands high into the air and then folded them across his chest.

“You caught me. I was in the library, musing about my stupidity. Then I went to the cafeteria to pig out my depression. Happy?”

Zack laughed and nodded, slipping further down under his black satin bed covers.

“Whatever.”

Locke walked toward the big dresser mirror on the east side of the room and looked into it deeply. A harsh yet indifferent look graced his features as he released his messy pale hazel hair. He pushed his hair back and cast a dark, fleeting look toward Zack’s direction.

He quickly looked down and opened his dresser drawer. He unbuttoned his school shirt and began to fold it softly. After he finished, he stuck the shirt in the drawer, but there was something else in there –something that could have been easily mistaken as a gun.

Cloud gazed stoically out the window, thinking and imagining what could be… or what could have been. Seifer had suddenly fallen away the last few days, and even more when that new student came. He knew well who he was when he saw him; it was that boy Seifer had once told him about, a boy that he had such a strong rivalry with that it was impossible to be broken by distance.

He sighed in disarray, bringing his hand to rub his temple. He needed someone to talk to; but he didn’t know whom. Who would care about his thoughts? Who could he turn to when it was something impossible to talk with Seifer? He needed someone very badly, but then he would feel extremely stupid. But there was no one.

He stood up and punched the wall, causing a piece to break off and pain to ring through his bones.

“That’s private property, Cloud,”

Cloud was startled. He scrambled into the shadows, trying to hide himself.

“Who… who… who is it? Who are you?” He stammered.

“People call me Sephiroth.”

Cloud gave a sigh of relief. But he glared at the fact that it was Sephiroth.

“What the hell are you doing here?”

“Well, this was my reading room until you came and made it imperfect.”

“Yeah, well… sorry.” He didn’t really mean it.

Sephiroth moved closer and sat down beside him. He noticed that he had shivered a little.

“Is something wrong, Cloud?”

Cloud sneered at the ground but didn’t move. It was easy to tell he wasn’t feeling all right.

“It’s none of your business.”

“Do you hate me?” He quietly asked, amused. Cloud, again, was startled at his perceptiveness. Cloud never really made it clear that he disliked him, but he never really treated him well. There was just something he didn’t like in Sephiroth. He had always looked out for Seifer, and maybe because Sephiroth seemed like a danger, he never made the effort to get to know him.

“No. What made you think that?”

“Well, I think you know, otherwise I wouldn’t be asking you. I’m just wondering, Cloud, because if you’re ever in trouble, you can talk to me. I mean no harm, really.”

Cloud looked up at him, trying to figure out if he should be angry. But he decided that there really was no reason for him to shun someone who wasn’t doing anything wrong to him. At one point in his life, before Seifer came along, he had looked up to Sephiroth. After all, the tall, silver haired man was very skilled in his trades and had done no one wrong as far as he knew, because even he wasn’t privy to the many secrets that lied in the school council’s deeds.

“Thanks,” Cloud said. Sephiroth smiled and leaned towards him, his face inches apart from his.

“Don’t ever hesitate, beautiful,” He whispered and kissed Cloud’s cheek. Cloud stared at him as he stood up and left. He didn’t see the malicious smile that was on Sephiroth’s face.

He touched his cheek, his mind reeling. What the fuck? He thought.

Return to Archive | next | previous