Warning! This story contains language, violence and GRAPHIC descriptions of yaoi (sexual acts between two men), as well as some bondage and non-consensual stuff. If you are not 18 or if you are offended easily, please do not read this! If you chose to ignore this warning, I will not be held responsible for any psychiatric care you require. ^_^ I will also ignore any flames that you send because you feel that Squall and Zell do not make a cute couple or because you hate yaoi. (Face it: there's a LOT of us yaoi fic-writers out there who do what we like, and this IS on a yaoi site, after all! At least, it SHOULD be, unless someone else put it where it doesn't belong.) This fic is a MAJOR what-if; don't be surprised if almost nothing in here fits into the FFVIII storyline. Thanks to Miracle Shining for her inspiration on this one, too. You just rock, Miracle-san! Thanks also to Serdar for his inspiration; a little of the blackness of Dark Age got in here, I think! ^_^

Blood Kisses

Chapter 7: Eyes of the Violated

By Dark Ki

"Why won't you talk to me?!"

Squall continued to stare down at his fists as he had been for the past half hour, blinking slowly every once in a while.

Zell sat on their bed next to him and pulled the unresponsive man into his arms. "Squall, please... just tell me what's goin' on!"

"It's none of your concern...."

Zell reeled back. "None... none of my concern?! Squall, somebody wants me dead! The least you can do is tell me who it is!"

Squall said nothing.

"Damn it, fine! I'll just pick it out of your head!"

Zell stood before Squall and concentrated on his lover's thoughts, letting his own become as clear as crystal. From the haze Squall projected, a face began to take shape. Zell closed his eyes, focusing the image in the darkness. Details began to emerge, most prominently a pair of cold, black eyes....

A mental door slammed shut in Squall's mind, closing off his thoughts from view. It had the same effect as a real door; Zell shrieked and fell onto his ass. Squall fixed him with a cold stare.

"It's rude to pry into someone else's mind, even your soulmate."

"It's not fair to shut them out, either!" Zell exploded, leaping to his feet. "You're ashamed of this guy! I dunno why, but you are! I can feel it! Your pride is such a big deal to you that you'd let this guy kill me, just because I won't know what he looks like when he comes to slit my throat!"

Squall said nothing.

"Fine! Sit there and mope! If you're gonna treat me like this, then I'm outta here!" Zell stormed for the door, throwing it open and pausing long enough to glare over his shoulder.

"When he kills me, I hope you starve to death!" he snarled. Then he was gone, slamming the door behind him.

Squall broke down sobbing, scarlet trails twisting down his cheeks.

Zell made it all the way through the passage, through the club, and out into the street before he sagged to his knees, clutching at his chest as he let himself fall onto his side. Each beat of his heart hurt, and not in any metaphorical sense. He wheezed for breath, unable to muster the strength to even stand.

What the hell...?

He could feel the straining of his telepathic bond with Squall. His pulse raced with fear, which only made the pain worse.

Celeste never said anythin' about distance affectin' the link....

"Well, well, well... Squall's new chew toy doesn't look so good," a rasping voice chuckled.

Zell glanced behind him. "H-- how d'you know about me and Squall?"

A pallid young man crouched next to him, grabbing his chin with a deceptively strong grip. His black eyes glittered like obsidian chips in his sharp-featured face, framed by long hair dyed blood-red. "I know everything about Squall," he said softly. "The things he enjoys, the way his voice changes with his moods, his body...." He grinned evilly, showing the sharp metal fangs attached to his incisors. "And his favorite ways to make love...."

Zell's eyes widened. "You... you're the one...!"

The man's grin widened. "Very good, little puppet. You are smart enough to figure it out. Too bad it won't protect you." He swept Zell up onto his shoulder; even though he was thin as a rail, almost sickly-looking, he was strong. "I've been waiting here a long time for you. I knew you'd come out sooner or later. Now be a good little lure and keep quiet. You'll see my precious Squall again, at least for a little while."

He needn't have bothered asking for Zell's silence. The blond, pushed to the limit by fear and agony, had already blacked out.

Celeste came running when she heard Squall screaming. She burst into the room he shared with Zell and gasped in shock as she watched him sag to the floor, sobbing in pain and clutching at his chest.

"What happened?" She draped his arm around her shoulders and helped him up. He was almost dead weight; she had to drag him to the bed and sit him down. But when she tried to swing his legs up onto the bed, he pushed her away.

"Zell... I have to find him... he's in pain...," Squall croaked.

"Did something happen to him?" She sat next to him, rubbing his back.

Squall leaned against her. "The link... something's wrong with it. It's too strong. Celeste... he's too far away and it's killing him... I can feel it...."

"Oh my god... Squall, we have to find him! You'll both die if you don't feed from him every twenty-four hours."

"I know," Squall sighed. Suddenly, he gasped, sitting up with his eyes as wide as plates.

Celeste jumped in alarm. "What? What is it?"

"No...." With a groan of pain, Squall pushed himself to his feet. "Get some of the Chalices together. We have to find Cerberus."

"Cerberus...."

"I saw him... I saw him through Zell's eyes...!"

"Oh god, you mean he has Zell?"

Squall staggered for the door. "I have to find them...."

Zell groaned and opened his eyes. His arms and knees ached, and he quickly realized why. He was kneeling on a cold marble floor, his arms held up and out to either side like wings by ropes that were lashed to a pipe running along the ceiling.

He was also completely naked.

"Look at Squall's precious little broken butterfly," Cerberus laughed. "Or rather, Ash's little butterfly. That's what he was calling himself when I shared his bed." He slapped Zell hard on one side of his rump, making the boy bite back a yelp. "At least his tastes in men haven't slipped as much as I thought they might have. But you're still nothing compared to his best match." He paced slowly around until he stood in front of Zell, then lowered himself to one knee to stare into the boy's terrified eyes. "And that would be me."

"Whaddya want from me?" Zell whispered.

"Not much. You're just the bait to draw him here. But I'm not stupid enough to let you go to waste while we wait." Cerberus grinned wickedly, and there was no sanity in that smile. "It'll be a while before he gets here, since he's probably weakened from being separated from his precious little blood-bag. So we have plenty of time to get to know each other."

"I thought you hated me. Why bother?"

"Oh, my dear boy, you really have no idea what you've gotten yourself into. You see, you've made the mistake of bonding yourself to the circle's biggest player. Ash always was a little prick-teaser... loved shaking his ass for anyone who'd fuck him or let themselves be fucked." Now Cerberus's face was so close to Zell's that the blond nearly couldn't see him clearly without going cross-eyed. Zell closed his eyes, not wanting to see the madness in Cerberus's. "You see, little butterfly, he only has to feed from you. You're a convenience. He can screw whoever he wants. And I assure you, he'll want someone new every week."

"So why the hell're you so hot to get him back?"

"No matter how many times he succumbed to his little whorish ways, he always came crawling back to me. Hundreds and hundreds of times. Do you know why?" His breath rushed coldly over Zell's face. Zell wrinkled his nose. "Because he loved letting me dominate him, fuck him into the floor day and night." His tongue ran down Zell's forehead, down his nose to his lips, where it forced its way in as Cerberus kissed him viciously. Zell whimpered in disgust and turned his head away, even though he got a bitten lip and a pulled muscle in his shoulder for it.

"Fuck you...," Zell rasped.

Cerberus chuckled darkly. "No, I'd much rather fuck you."

Zell's head snapped up and he stared at Cerberus with an expression of total horror.

"You see, what better way to teach Ash not to stray from our bed than to ruin his reason for such straying? He can keep your worthless, dirty blood, since you ruined his palate for me. I'll drain it through a shunt in your neck when he needs it. But that tight little ass of yours... well, we can't let it stay that way."

Cerberus stood, grabbing Zell's hair and pulling him fully straight on his knees with one hand. His other hand unzipped his skintight black jeans and pulled out his half-hard shaft.

Zell's eyes widened. "No! Get away from me...!" He struggled, gritting his teeth as the tip of Cerberus's length brushed over his lips, leaving a smear of clear fluid across them.

Cerberus snarled and let go of Zell's hair, grabbing his face instead and squeezing his cheeks until his mouth opened just enough for him to shove himself in. Zell choked out a sob, tears running down his cheeks as he closed his eyes again. Both of Cerberus's hands gripped the back of his head and pulled him forward until Zell's nose pressed deep into the musky flesh.

"Bite me and I'll rip yours off," Cerberus snarled. His hips rocked back and forth, striking the back of Zell's throat until the boy nearly gagged. Zell's sobs vibrated into the flesh violating his mouth, which only made Cerberus thrust harder. Just when Zell started to taste bitterness on his tongue, his captor pulled away.

"Not a bad mouth you've got there, boy." Cerberus circled around behind Zell, kneeling behind him and cupping his hands over Zell's rear. "Let's see if we can figure out why Ash likes this so much."

"Oh god... don't...," Zell moaned, trying to tense up.

Cerberus spread him open and shoved himself deep without warning. Zell rocked forward in his restraints with a heart-wrenching scream of agony, almost dislocating his shoulders. Cerberus dug his daggerlike nails into Zell's flanks as he thrust into the boy hard and fast. Zell could already feel blood running down his inner thighs, and he sobbed and cried out for mercy. Cerberus grunted and shoved harder, his nails drawing blood as well.

"Oh yeah...," he sneered between thrusts. "This'll fix you right up."

Zell drew together as much of his ruined thoughts as he could and projected it in one massive ball through his link with Squall. It had barely left him when Cerberus bit into his shoulder with his steel fangs, filling him with the burning acid of his orgasm. Zell's mind couldn't cope with the pain or the feeling of any other man besides Squall within him, and so it just turned itself off. Zell slumped forward in his bonds with a weak moan, falling unconscious before he could feel the pain of the muscles in his left shoulder tearing.

Squall was running down the dark, rain-slick streets of the city, tracking the weak beacon of Zell's mind.

I'm coming, Zell. Just hang on.

Suddenly, he was struck by a flash of pain so intense that he rose up onto the balls of his feet for a moment before falling forward. He stopped his fall with his hands, barely feeling the street grit ripping the flesh of his palms. He gasped for breath, fear instantly driving his pulse into a frenzy.

What's happening....?!

Another spike of pain fired up his spine from between his legs, enough to make him shriek as he practically sagged onto his face. His mind strained to reach for his lover, to comfort him and soothe his pain until he could reach the boy....

Then the bolt of Zell's thoughts-- terror, agony, disgust-- struck him like a blast from hell. Squall screamed and went down totally, the pattern of the asphalt pressing into his cheek.

Zell....

Then he slid into blackness, cursing himself for not being strong enough to fight his way to his feet so he could find his lover.

Return to Archive | next | previous