Warning! This story contains language, violence and GRAPHIC descriptions of yaoi (sexual acts between two men), as well as some bondage and non-consensual stuff. If you are not 18 or if you are offended easily, please do not read this! If you chose to ignore this warning, I will not be held responsible for any psychiatric care you require. ^_^ I will also ignore any flames that you send because you feel that Squall and Zell do not make a cute couple or because you hate yaoi. (Face it: there's a LOT of us yaoi fic-writers out there who do what we like, and this IS on a yaoi site, after all! At least, it SHOULD be, unless someone else put it where it doesn't belong.) This fic is a MAJOR what-if; don't be surprised if almost nothing in here fits into the FFVIII storyline. Thanks to Miracle Shining for her inspiration on this one, too. You just rock, Miracle-san! Thanks also to Serdar for his inspiration; a little of the blackness of Dark Age got in here, I think! ^_^

Blood Kisses

Chapter 2: Eyes Entranced

By Dark Ki

"Dincht! Get in here!"

Zell poked his head into Irons' office. "Yeah, boss?"

"I need ya to keep an eye out fer anythin' suspicious tonight. We had a little... incident... in the alley last night."

Man, somebody probably saw those three goin' at it and had a fit. "Incident?"

"Yeah. Two murders."

Zell took a step back in shock and thought of mentioning the strange little group, but the memory of the boy's laser-blue eyes sliced through him and he forgot what he was going to say. Instead, he stammered a question. "Wha-- what happened...?"

"Guy had his throat cut. The girl...." Irons shook his head. "She got all the blood drained from her body through a couple holes in her neck. Some freak thinkin' he's a damn vampire or somethin'."

A vampire?! Yeah, right!

"Listen, Dincht. Watch the freaks tonight. Things like this're bad fer business, y' know?"

"Yeah... yeah, I got it."

"By the way, the boss saw ya last night. Says yer doin' a good job. Keep it up."

Zell blinked. "I didn't see you last night."

"I ain't the boss! I just do the books, keep things stocked, that kinda stuff. Boss is kinda... what's the word? Oh, yeah... eccentric. Doesn't want anybody ta know who he is or what he looks like. I've never even met him; he tells me stuff over the phone. So don't think nobody's watchin' ya. Yer shift starts in five, so get out there!" Irons scooped up his worn denim jacket and slung it over his shoulder. "I'm outta here. See ya tomorrow."

"See ya." Zell followed him out into the club, taking his place behind the bar as Irons opened the doors, letting the regulars in as he hurried out.

The night was almost exactly like yesterday, but Zell didn't see the exotic young man anywhere in the crowd. He didn't know if he should be grateful or disappointed. He passed another glass of red wine across the bar to a young woman in a slinky black minidress and a spiked leather choker, who flashed him a smile and winked at him; her amber contacts were rather startling in her powdered-pale face. Zell smiled back briefly and glanced back into the crowd on the dance floor.

His heart started beating faster.

There he was, sitting at a table by himself, brooding over a glass of the ubiquitous red wine. He was dressed very similarly to the way he'd looked the night before. Under the bands of dark, shimmering shadow, his eyes were dark, troubled. Zell turned his gaze to the polished surface of the bar, his cheeks coloring at the thought that he'd been staring.

"Find something you like?"

The voice was soft, low, and beautiful, with a hint of something Zell couldn't place. He started, looking up to see who'd spoken. His eyes widened as he found himself face to face with the mysterious young man, who was watching him patiently.

H-- how'd he do that?!

"I... uh, I... I'm sorry...," he stammered. "Didn't mean to stare...." His face felt like it was about to burst into flame.

The young man's nostrils flared slightly, as if he'd caught a scent that appealed to him. To Zell's surprise, he gave a faint, weary smile. "It's alright. I'm used to it, really. You're Zell, right?"

"Yeah... how'd you know?" With the boy this close to him, Zell was acutely aware of the intensity of his eyes and how his pale skin was, in fact, not the result of makeup.

"I have my ways." He cocked his head to the side slightly, tapping his somewhat long nails on the bar. They weren't the daggers that some women had, but they were the longest nails Zell had ever seen on a man, and they were lacquered a glossy black. He realized that he'd somehow managed to break his gaze away from the young man's face, but it snapped right back.

"You know my name, but I don't know yours," Zell said softly.

The young man chuckled. "Right now, they call me Squall." His hand slid across the bar and settled over Zell's, his eyes almost caressing the tattoo on Zell's face. Zell swallowed, feeling his pulse throbbing in his throat. "You're about to go on break, right?"

"Uh, yeah...."

"I want you to dance with me."

It wasn't a request, but rather a gentle order. Zell wanted to protest, to shake Squall's hand off his and tell him he wasn't interested. But something in his voice dissolved the thought instantly. Without hesitation, Zell stepped from behind the bar. Squall immediately took his hand and led him out onto the far edge of the dance floor. Zell stood there, unsure of what he should do. Squall circled around behind him, and Zell squeaked softly as he felt the young man's body mold itself to his.

"Squall, I...!"

"Shhh...," Squall breathed in his ear. "Just move with me...."

Zell trembled, sure that everyone was staring at him as Squall's right hand splayed over his abdomen, his middle fingertip almost touching Zell in a place he normally wouldn't let any guy even close to. Squall's other arm wrapped around him, just under the hard swells of his pecs, the fingers of that hand following the curve of his side. Zell found his hands shifting back, settling over the outside curve of Squall's thighs.

"Don't worry. No one's watching us. Just relax and move with me, Zell...."

That strange note in Squall's voice settled a thick haze over Zell's mind; his eyes took on a dazed, sleepy look. His breathing slowed and the ache in his chest subsided a little, only to be replaced with a twinge in his groin.

And then Squall began to move.

Zell whimpered softly as he felt Squall's body move in a slow wave, carrying his with it in perfect synch. One moment, Squall arched forward to press his crotch harder against Zell's ass, and the next he was using his hand to guide Zell back against him. Zell's eyes slid closed and his head fell back against Squall's shoulder as they rocked in a dance that felt more like languid sex than anything.

Oh god, what am I doin'...?

The waves of their dance deepened as Squall pushed himself harder against Zell. His hand slid lower, fingers curling between Zell's legs until he cupped the swell of the blond's trapped shaft. Zell fought back a gasp and lost as their combined movements pushed Zell harder and harder into Squall's hand. Zell could feel himself getting hard, but he didn't care. In fact, he was wishing that Squall would go further....

As if reading Zell's mind, Squall's hand slid up to his flat belly only to slip down again, this time into the confines of Zell's shorts. Zell moaned loudly, not caring if anyone saw or heard them at this point. He tried to thrust forward as Squall's hand closed about him, but the black-haired boy held him to their rhythm, his cool lips finding the left side of Zell's neck, suckling until Zell felt the warmth of blood gathering there. A warm tongue traced the spot, accented by the somehow chilled ball at the end of Squall's tongue bar. The only thing Zell was more aware of was Squall's own erection pressing against him as if trying to find a way past his clothes. But that was forgotten as he suddenly felt twin burning stings in his neck, right where Squall suckled. Zell opened his eyes halfway with a groan, closing them again as the room spun crazily around him. Every nerve in his body thrummed with energy, tingling and singing and driving him damn near out of his mind as it radiated from the hand on his length and the lips at his throat. Their dance deepened yet again, Squall's hips pushing Zell against his hand with greater force. Suddenly, Squall's palm brushed over the tip of Zell's shaft, settling there and making small circles as Squall drew harder on his neck. Zell couldn't stop the cry that burst from his lips, but thankfully it was swallowed by the hypnotic techno blaring over the speakers. He slumped back against Squall, who took his mouth away from Zell's throat and brought his pearl-slick hand to his lips. Zell gasped for breath, his knees buckling just as Squall led him to a nearby seat, still sucking on his fingers as he sat across from the blond.

"S-- Squall...."

Squall finished with his treat and reached out to trace his fingers along the black curves of Zell's tattoo. Zell could smell the salty odor of his own semen on Squall's hand, and that coupled with the gentle touch made him shiver. He noticed a rapidly fading violet tint to Squall's irises.

Squall smiled gently at him. "You're good... the best yet, in fact. Such a wonderful taste...." Suddenly, his eyes widened and he jerked his hand back as if he'd been burned. "Damn... damn it to hell...!" It struck him that this boy's tattoo was all wrong. It was close, but not perfect, and he knew that the Vintners never made mistakes like this.

The boy wasn't a Chalice.

"Wha...?" Zell blinked, and Squall could see his eyes trying to focus. He was coming out of the trance.

Shit... the Vintners will have my head for this, accident or not....

Quickly, Squall locked his gaze with Zell's, touching his hand to the boy's temple. The blond immediately stiffened, staring straight at him with that blank look that Squall knew all too well.

"You will forget all that has happened between us tonight."

Zell nodded with the slow mindlessness of someone in a trance, and Squall instantly regretted what he'd done. He amended the command.

"No... you will forget only that you felt pain at your throat. My hands, my lips, my body against yours... all these you will remember. "

Zell nodded again, his blue-gray eyes unblinking.

Squall decided to take a chance. He may not be allowed to use the boy as a Chalice, but he was perfect to take his mind off his troubles.

"And you will seek me out again, for I am your pleasure now. Remember what you felt at my touch, and long for it."

A third nod. Zell's lips were parted slightly, which gave Squall an idea to reinforce the commands he'd fed to the boy. He brought his fingertip to his mouth and nipped it. A drop of too-dark scarlet beaded at the wound, and Squall pushed the fingertip into Zell's mouth, exerting enough influence to make the boy suckle seductively at the cut, even as his eyes stayed fixed blankly on Squall's. Somehow he actually made a soft sound of disappointment when Squall pulled away.

"Remember me."

He took his hand from Zell's temple, and the blond slumped forward with a sigh. Squall stood, scooped the boy up with ease, and carried him over to one of the Baroque-style couches lining one wall. He couldn't help but notice how Zell's fair skin and golden hair contrasted against the blood-red velvet and dark wood as he laid the sleeping boy on the couch.

You don't belong here, do you? But you do taste wonderful. Perhaps I can find a way to introduce you to the Vintners... maybe they can convince you of your worth as a Chalice. My Chalice.

Return to Archive | next | previous